Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanny Yoselyn Ortega (50), stabbed Lulu (6) and Leo (2) Krim to death and put their bodies in a bathtub

Well, reading all the articles, I don't even think she was a working mom. It sounds like she was one of the wealthy NY moms who hires a nanny to help them wrangle the kids. (I had friends who nannied for stay-at-home 'mom' rich people who had three nannies to two kids). It says she was their primary caretaker up until the third kid. I can understand that. If I was trying to watch over three kids at once and had the ability to hire an assistant, I would.

blood?line [bluhd-lahyn]
    - noun
    all the members of a family group over generations, esp regarding characteristics common to that group; pedigree

SOURCE: World English Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Well, reading all the articles, I don't even think she was a working mom. It sounds like she was one of the wealthy NY moms who hires a nanny to help them wrangle the kids. (I had friends who nannied for stay-at-home 'mom' rich people who had three nannies to two kids). It says she was their primary caretaker up until the third kid. I can understand that. If I was trying to watch over three kids at once and had the ability to hire an assistant, I would.
    My god me too. I figured that may have been the case about not always having the nanny as she speaks in her earlier blog about the grandparents babysitting the kids.

It's hard having more than one kid depending on their ages. To me, the ages differences make it vary. If I could have someone helping me that would be awesome. I was a single momw ith Bodhia nd Noah and it sucked having to sacrifice some things because I had to work.

I seriously don't understand how people can go and start bashing on this mom (the comments about illegals, etc). Seriously, the only person that deserves blame is the one who killed those kiddo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brain View Post
    blood?line [bluhd-lahyn]
    - noun
    all the members of a family group over generations, esp regarding characteristics common to that group; pedigree

SOURCE: World English Dictionary
    ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

http://www.people.com/people/article...642859,00.html

Finding two of her children stabbed to death, allegedly by their nanny, isn't where the horror ended for their mom Marina Krim, police say.

"We believe now that the nanny began stabbing herself as the woman entered the room – as the mother entered the bathroom," New York Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly told reporters at a news conference Friday.

Krim was reportedly carrying her 3-year-old daughter, Nessie, when she walked into the bathroom of her luxury Manhattan apartment on Thursday night and saw daughter Lucia, 6, and son Leo, 2, covered in blood. (Their father, Kevin Krim, was out of town on business at the time).

The nanny, Yoselyn Ortega, 50, has been placed in a medically induced coma for her knife wounds while also under police custody, according to Kelly.

Kelly says Ortega worked for the Krims for two years, following a referral from a previous employer, and has "no history that we're aware of" with troubling incidents dealing with the family. So far, no formal charges have been filed.

Kevin's father, William Krim, tells the Wall Street Journal he "never heard a complaint" about Ortega.

"I don't believe there could be a better family. I don't understand what happened with the nanny," he says. "They gave her vacations and they were good to her, and I believe she was good with them."

Whoa! So she was stabbing herself as the mom walked in? Like I cant even wrap my head around the eye contact they must have made. Seriously, the people here lately that have been stabbing themselves to death vs like overdosing or using a gun is odd to me.

If you want to seriously kill yourself, OD or something that you KNOW you wont recover from.

I didnt realize she worked for them for a few years, that makes this even more weird to me. God, that's just crazy to me. I feel so bad for the mom and little girl that had to see this.

WTBB the point is she didn't want to kill herself.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

I think she did it for shock value as the woman was walking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    WTBB the point is she didn't want to kill herself.
    Yeah but damn.....the article said she slit her neck and then also that she is in a medical induced coma. That's why Im wtf over it.

I think she did it for shock value as the woman was walking in.
    I know it's gory and all but I wanna know if the woman looked the mom in the eyes, if she said anything or what.

I think my first reaction would be of course my kids and omg, are they even alive but then what? Im also imagining a smaller bathroom and the mom walking in and the tub right there when you walk in and then the nanny furthest away. i wonder if the mom thought the nanny was dead also?

I think the EMTs were just going through the motions of trying to revive them at the hospital. MorbidT or someone probably can explain better but the impression I get is that they were very obviously dead at the scene. Especially since the mom held a towel to the nanny's throat. If my kids were bleeding to death and there was still hope,I am sorry, but fuck the suicidal nanny. Wait, No. I'm not sorry.

Someone else said it too but i wonder if the mom even was thinking it was the nanny at first. And yeah, I would have been straight to my kids before anything else. I missed where the mom held a towel to the nanby's throat.
    I mean, this woman was a nanny for them for 2 yrs and this seems to have just came out of nowhere so im actually more than willing to bet that the mom had no idea what had really happened.

It's just sad as fuck and you know these parents will somehow blame themselves and my god, TWO years of her working with them. Just crazy.

It's either in one of these articles or the other one I read, but she grabbed a washcloth and held it while screaming.

I don't think she necessarily had any idea what had happened at that point. But I do think if the kids had any hope left, she would have gone to them over the nanny. Regardless of the scenario.

It's either in one of these articles or the other one I read, but she grabbed a washcloth and held it while screaming.

I don't think she necessarily had any idea what had happened at that point. But I do think if the kids had any hope left, she would have gone to them over the nanny. Regardless of the scenario.
    I imagine she didnt have any idea. That's why I wish we had like every little detail. That's crazy tho. i wonder how the mom is going to feel about basically trying to save the nanny (with the washcloth on her neck) when this all really sinks in?

I think the EMTs were just going through the motions of trying to revive them at the hospital. MorbidT or someone probably can explain better but the impression I get is that they were very obviously dead at the scene. Especially since the mom held a towel to the nanny's throat. If my kids were bleeding to death and there was still hope,I am sorry, but fuck the suicidal nanny. Wait, No. I'm not sorry.
    This is a touchy area. Since the incident just occurred, we would try life saving measures, even if we are pretty sure there is nothing that can be done. One, it gives the family closure (we hope) that everything was done to save the child. Two, just in case. People do survive from the "unsurvivable" injury. When I say life saving measures (in a case like this) I mean, bag the kid until you get it in the ambulance. CPR may be initiated, but it cannot be stopped until arrival to the hospital (unless orders are given from the recipient hospital ER physician) and care transferred to the hospital. Doctors are typically supportive of EMS initiating life saving measures because it's a kid.
    If the injuries are consistent with death, then nothing will be done. Just because there are stab wounds and lots of blood does not mean someone is dead or will not survive. But I'm talking about partial decapitation, decapitation, or other more gruesome scenarios. If the kids were in the tub for hours and were showing signs of lividity, then we wouldn't do anything. I know it all sounds contradictory and doesn't make sense, but it because pretty complicated with children are involved.
    Also, this case can't be compared to the Morgan case. She was showing obvious signs of death. Period.

I kinda wondered about the closure aspect. Like an emt walks in and its obvious the person is dead but to give the family or whoever might be right there some closure, they still try to help.

I dunno, such a horrible scene.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I kinda wondered about the closure aspect. Like an emt walks in and its obvious the person is dead but to give the family or whoever might be right there some closure, they still try to help.

I dunno, such a horrible scene.
    Well, if the death is obvious, nothing will be done. If they are cold, stiff, blue, pooling of the blood. That kind of thing. Or, if there is an obvious trauma. Decap, torn in two, etc. It's also typically a 'load and go' situation where you don't have time to start CPR in front of the parents. You can just pick the kid up and head to the medic. Half the time parents don't even realize you are performing CPR on their kid when you are carrying them. IF everyone's farting around, placing a mask on the kid is acceptable, with the big bulb thing. I think there is a pic above of EMS with the mask/bulb on the nanny. That's what I mean with 'bagging the patient.'

I wonder how many emt's or dr's have ever been in the situation of saving a person that they know killed someone, let alone a child or two like in this article, but I wonder how hard it is for medics to keep their feelings in check to still save that person?

Holy shitty sentence but I couldnt figure out how to word it.

I wonder how many emt's or dr's have ever been in the situation of saving a person that they know killed someone, let alone a child or two like in this article, but I wonder how hard it is for medics to keep their feelings in check to still save that person?

Holy shitty sentence but I couldnt figure out how to word it.
    Oh, it happens. Rescue workers and hospital staff don't always know when they have the bad guy in front of them. Most of the time they find out after the fact. And if they do, it doesn't matter, their job is to try to save lives. I'm sure there are immoral and unethical people who practice medicine, but I think the majority will still try to save the life of the offender.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Oh, it happens. Rescue workers and hospital staff don't always know when they have the bad guy in front of them. Most of the time they find out after the fact. And if they do, it doesn't matter, their job is to try to save lives. I'm sure there are immoral and unethical people who practice medicine, but I think the majority will still try to save the life of the offender.
    That would be the hardest job ever. To try and save the life of a person who did something horrendous to another person. I know it's their job but I wonder how much it weighs on their minds?

That would be the hardest job ever. To try and save the life of a person who did something horrendous to another person. I know it's their job but I wonder how much it weighs on their minds?
    Yeah, I don't know. That is something I've never discussed with any other medical professional. We have a douchbag in my community. He kills cats and puts them on peoples cars, slashes tires, jumps out in front of us in the fire trucks and ambulance. He's had swat out here several times, walks around with a machete and gun strapped to his back. He tells everyone that his house is booby trapped. He's called 911 twice. Once for a bellyache and once for getting shot. ha
    I treated him just like I would any other patient. When he was shot we even called the medivac and he got a helicopter ride. That was two years ago and his shenanigans continue. He threatened my life back in June when we had the storm damage. If he called 911 tonight, I'd be there. Now, he hasn't killed anyone (yet), but I like to think that if he did do something horrendous, I would keep my professional judgment.
    When I worked in the clinic, we would get prisoners coming in in their jumpsuits and handcuffs. I treated them just like any other patient that walked in the door. It's my job. I couldn't live with myself if I let someone die. I don't care if they are an asshole murderer. I don't want that on my hands. I've heard that other people want to save asshats so they can let the justice system take care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Yeah, I don't know. That is something I've never discussed with any other medical professional. We have a douchbag in my community. He kills cats and puts them on peoples cars, slashes tires, jumps out in front of us in the fire trucks and ambulance. He's had swat out here several times, walks around with a machete and gun strapped to his back. He tells everyone that his house is booby trapped. He's called 911 twice. Once for a bellyache and once for getting shot. ha
    I treated him just like I would any other patient. When he was shot we even called the medivac and he got a helicopter ride. That was two years ago and his shenanigans continue. He threatened my life back in June when we had the storm damage. If he called 911 tonight, I'd be there. Now, he hasn't killed anyone (yet), but I like to think that if he did do something horrendous, I would keep my professional judgment.
    When I worked in the clinic, we would get prisoners coming in in their jumpsuits and handcuffs. I treated them just like any other patient that walked in the door. It's my job. I couldn't live with myself if I let someone die. I don't care if they are an asshole murderer. I don't want that on my hands. I've heard that other people want to save asshats so they can let the justice system take care of them.
    I can see that. I can see why a personw ouldnt want that on their conscience and let the justice system take care of it.

Mom holding Nessie coming out of the building... look at how the little one is covering her face, too. Ugh.

Nessie's sparkly little Mary Jane flats are adorable.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Snips from the article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2AUguDK00

Ortega remains at nearby New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Sources told DNAInfo that though she has been taken out of a medically-induced coma, she remains catatonic and will not respond to any questions from doctors or police.

The source added that there is no probable medical cause keeping Ortega from speaking, as the kitchen knife she used to slit her own throat missed the major veins and arteries in her neck.

In addition, toxicology tests performed on Ortega came back negative.

It was revealed earlier today that Mrs Krim returned to her luxury Manhattan apartment Thursday evening to find her two children stabbed to death, and then watched as the crazed woman slit her own throat.
    Today Charlotte Friedman, who lives in the same block as the tragic family, revealed how she was the last person to see the two children alive. She said she saw the youngsters and Ortega as they took the elevator together. Just half an hour later, she heard the blood-curdling screams.

'The mother was bent over her child on the floor, screaming and holding on to to the only live child,' a neighbour, Charlotte Friedman, recounted. 'They were primal screams, they were not human. They were very deep, dark screams.'
    Mrs Krim also found her two children in the bathtub with stab wounds covering their bodies, and then tried to stop the nanny's neck from bleeding with a towel, according to the Post.

Neighbours said she then ran outside the apartment and collapsed by its front door.

Rima Starr, 63, said: 'I heard blood curdling screams and I went down to the lobby and there was the mother screaming blood, hunched over the three year old and swaying with the three year old.

'At time she was screaming things like: 'I'll never speak to her again', repeating that over and over again, then 'it's all right, you'll be all right, you'll be alright' to the child.

'Then she would get waves of the reality of what just happened an then she'd go into just plain bloodcurdling screams with her arms flailing out to the sides.'

One neighbour revealed the superintendent of the apartment block went into the apartment and questioned Ortega, demanding: 'So you cut her throat? So you stabbed her in the neck?'

His wife then came out to assist and told horrified neighbours who had heard the screams: 'Two babies, in the bath, nanny' and made a cutting sign across her throat.

Mrs Friedman added: 'At that point I knew the nanny had something to do with it'.

Neighbours dialed 911 and, although Lulu and Leo reportedly appeared to be breathing when medics arrived, they were pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.
    I am constantly horrified by what people can do to others - Even after 5+ years on this site. I think mental illness is gonna play a big role in this case, too.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I love the comments saying this mom deserves it for hiring illegals. GREAT CHRISTIANS AT WORK.
    You have got to be kidding me.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information