Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christine Bregante (39) found dead the same day as the funeral of her police officer ex-husband

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Christine Bregante (39) found dead the same day as the funeral of her police officer ex-husband

So sad!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1189567

The ex-wife of the Nassau County police officer laid to rest on Monday was found dead hours after his funeral, police said.

Christine Bregante, 39, was found dead in her Centereach home the same day thousands of mourners descended on a Long Island church to say goodbye to her ex-husband Joseph Olivieri.

" It was non-criminal," a spokeswoman for the Suffolk County Police Department said of Bregante's death.

Olivieri, 43, was killed responding to a multi-car crash on the Long Island Expressway on Thursday.

A blue wave of grief washed over a Long Island church Monday as thousands of police officers turned out for his funeral.

Representing more than 100 departments, they paid their respects to the highway patrol officer, who had served with the NYPD before he began patrolling the suburbs.

Many of those cops had tears in their eyes.
    ?He had a big heart,? said fellow Nassau County patrolman Fred Glock. ?It?s always terrible to lose one of your brothers. He gave it 100%, all of the time.?

While the Nassau County Pipe and Drum Band played ?Amazing Grace,? seven of Olivieri?s fellow officers hefted the casket bearing his body into St. Joseph's Church in Ronkonkoma, L.I.

Following it were Olivieri's parents, his 18-year-old son Daniel, and his 21-year-old daughter Amanda.

?He loved being a cop,? said Officer Robert Delsignone of the Nassau County Highway Patrol. ?He was all business. If he wasn't the first car at the scene, he was the second.?

Delsignone said the same unit lost another officer last year, Michael Califano, in a horrible crash on the Long Island Expressway.

?When we feel a deep sense of loss is when we go back to work and our friend isn't there," Delsignone said as he choked back tears.

Olivieri, who was 43, was devoted to the Ford Crown Victoria ? the car he drove on the job and at home, his friends said.

?He can fix all the cars he wants in heaven,? Father Michael Maffeo said, bring a smile to many of the mourners? faces.

After the funeral mass, Olivieri?s casket was carried out to the strains of taps ? and as NCPD helicopters flew overhead in an aerial salute to the fallen officer.

Olivieri was buried in Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in Coram, L.I.

A 14-year-old veteran of the Nassau County force, Olivieri was killed Thursday while responding to a three-car accident on the LIE near North Hills.

Olivieri was investigating the wreck when he was struck by a Cadillac Escalade travelling in the HOV lane.

With his dying breaths, Olivieri was able to radio for help. But while help arrived quickly, he could not be saved.

James Ryan, 25, of Oakdale, L.I., accused of starting the tragic chain of events by colliding with a BMW and later a Honda, has been hit with a slew of charges, including DWI and vehicular manslaughter, police said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2AAkmuUW5

Calling it now. Suicide.

I found the kids facebooks :< Won't post them though

Me and you strmmr.

Quote Originally Posted by blu View Post
    Me and you strmmr.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

The article sucks, really. No offense to the slain officer (RIP) but why write an article about her but only devote 3 sentences out of 50 to her situation?

"Um, so yeah. That, like, cop's ex died. And we have no other info so we'll just rehash the same shit everyone else, including ourselves, have said."
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Damn. The whole article talks about the dead ex husband. It just kind of............forgets about her.

But cops are worth like ten or fifteen normal people.

The NY Post pretty much did the same thing but had a little more info.

An ex-wife of Nassau County cop Joseph Olivieri was found dead yesterday just hours after his funeral, sources said.

Police discovered the body of Christine Bregante, 39, in her Centereach home at around 8 p.m. She appeared to have been dead for several days, sources said. No criminality was suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    The NY Post pretty much did the same thing but had a little more info.

I wonder if the children were their children. If they are, I find it weird they wouldn't have spoke between the day their dad died and was buried.

News 12 is just learning that Officer Joseph Olivieri's ex-wife has been found dead. A friend of Christine Bregante says Bregante's body was found today at her apartment on Robert Drive in Centereach -- the same day funeral service was held for the fallen officer. Officer Olivieri was struck and killed on the L.I.E. early Thursday morning while responding to an accident near North Hills.
    Bergante was 39 years old and did not have children with the fallen officer. We'll have more information on this story -- as it becomes available.{###}

https://www.facebook.com/huie12
    Last edited by merdeath; 10-23-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: My inproper info.

Quote Originally Posted by merdeath View Post
    News 12 is just learning that Officer Joseph Olivieri's ex-wife has been found dead. A friend of Christine Bregante says Bregante's body was found today at her apartment on Robert Drive in Centereach -- the same day funeral service was held for the fallen officer. Officer Olivieri was struck and killed on the L.I.E. early Thursday morning while responding to an accident near North Hills.
    Bergante was 39 years old and did not have children with the fallen officer. We'll have more information on this story -- as it becomes available.{###}

https://www.facebook.com/huie12

Here ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by blu View Post
    Here ya go.
    That was an edit post AFTER she said the kids were theirs. I thought I was really reading shit wrong.

Several days? Now thats sad. I guess no one worried because she was the ex. Looking at the kids FB's it looks like they lived with their grandparents....I could be WAY OFF...

Several days? Now thats sad. I guess no one worried because she was the ex. Looking at the kids FB's it looks like they lived with their grandparents....I could be WAY OFF...

I can see that, but if she was the mother of his children, I find that weird.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    why is this even news?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    why is this even news?
    Long Island loves drama and tragedy? I think it's the coincidence that she "died" (now it turns out she was found) on the same day as her exes funeral, which was a big to-do.

Long Island loves drama and tragedy? I think it's the coincidence that she "died" (now it turns out she was found) on the same day as her exes funeral, which was a big to-do.
    OMG...we do thrive on drama...sorry.

OMG...we do thrive on drama...sorry.
    And this is the perfect example, right?

Still though, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

And this is the perfect example, right?

Still though, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
    BUT you can't tell me it didn't pang your heart?... It is weird. It made me sad.

It is sad. Those kids are parent-less now

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    It is sad. Those kids are parent-less now
    pssss. They did not have children together.

I thought merdeath said they were their children

I'm having major reading comprehension fails tonight and I'm not even drinking. I should start.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I thought merdeath said they were their children

I'm having major reading comprehension fails tonight and I'm not even drinking. I should start.
    No sorry...I retracted my post and re-posted that they didn't have kids together...

No sorry...I retracted my post and re-posted that they didn't have kids together...
    Yeah, I see it now. I usually don't re-read the posts and I missed the edit. Thanks for making me look silly! I'm kidding! I was just like 'Wuh? It was there a minute ago."

Thread Information