Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I can't believe how many people are complaining that it's too dark. DUH IT'S CALLED AMERICAN HORRR STORY NOT AMERICAN HUG A PUPPY

Haha! Right!

I just watched this last night and LOVED the Anne Frank story line, awesome little twist there. A couple things to touch on: the fact that the priest (Sis Jude's luuurrve) is workin' with the shady doc?? Whoa, didn't see that one coming. And hooooly shit when Anne Frank unlocked the door and Shelley was all "Kill me". Holy crap, I had to pause it so I could really get a good look at her. DAYUM! This show needs to win an Emmy for makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I just watched this last night and LOVED the Anne Frank story line, awesome little twist there. A couple things to touch on: the fact that the priest (Sis Jude's luuurrve) is workin' with the shady doc?? Whoa, didn't see that one coming. And hooooly shit when Anne Frank unlocked the door and Shelley was all "Kill me". Holy crap, I had to pause it so I could really get a good look at her. DAYUM! This show needs to win an Emmy for makeup.
    Really? I thought the monsignor had creeper written all over him from the beginning. He's the only person successfully manipulating Sister Jude.

i really want zach to turn out to be a good guy. nothing he's done seems exceptionally creepy to me. taking things from the house is just something a brain doctor would do, in order to help his patients, i think. not today, i mean, but back then. the same with the treatment he did with whats-her-face. and he seemed to be genuinely upset to have put her through that.

really? lesbians get that upset over touching peen? i'd twist a nipple with a smile on my face if it got me out of that place... it's not like he asked her to gut a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Really? I thought the monsignor had creeper written all over him from the beginning. He's the only person successfully manipulating Sister Jude.
    Yeah I totally missed that. I really thought he was one of the only genuinely "good" ones.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i really want zach to turn out to be a good guy. nothing he's done seems exceptionally creepy to me. taking things from the house is just something a brain doctor would do, in order to help his patients, i think. not today, i mean, but back then. the same with the treatment he did with whats-her-face. and he seemed to be genuinely upset to have put her through that.

really? lesbians get that upset over touching peen? i'd twist a nipple with a smile on my face if it got me out of that place... it's not like he asked her to gut a baby.
    Uh I don't think that was what was upsetting her/the point of the scene. She was all doped up on nausea-inducing drugs that wrench your insides, and then if I was sitting in a chair, grimly enduring someone trying to eradicate my natural emotions, and some dude who looked equally as uncomfortable stuck is wang in my face, no, as a straight person, I wouldn't be particularly delighted. It wasn't rape because she had consented to the treatment but it was certainly a torturous, horribly uncomfortable situation. If heterosexuality was outlawed and I was forced into a chair and told to masturbate in front of two butch women and stick my fingers in someone's vag, I wouldn't be like oH THIS IS JUST LIKE TOUCHING A SEA ANEMONE COOL. I'd be upset.

She'd already requested a break. And even if she wasn't a lesbian, having two men exploit your sexuality like that under observation is deeply humiliating.

Uh I don't think that was what was upsetting her/the point of the scene. She was all doped up on nausea-inducing drugs that wrench your insides, and then if I was sitting in a chair, grimly enduring someone trying to eradicate my natural emotions, and some dude who looked equally as uncomfortable stuck is wang in my face, no, as a straight person, I wouldn't be particularly delighted. It wasn't rape because she had consented to the treatment but it was certainly a torturous, horribly uncomfortable situation. If heterosexuality was outlawed and I was forced into a chair and told to masturbate in front of two butch women and stick my fingers in someone's vag, I wouldn't be like oH THIS IS JUST LIKE TOUCHING A SEA ANEMONE COOL. I'd be upset.

She'd already requested a break. And even if she wasn't a lesbian, having two men exploit your sexuality like that under observation is deeply humiliating.
    i get your point, but i was just thinking that perhaps the magic of hollywood would have magically removed the drug from her system, since attempting conversion therapy while she's still on the vomit train would have the opposite of the intended effect.

plus, she consented and continued to say, yes - let's move forward - i can do this. i mean, i know there would be some level of anxiety, but did she not know what the treatment entailed? she is a smart woman, a lesbian and a journalist. she had to know something of these innovated treatment techniques being used on her people.

lot's of girls have done this throughout history... lay back and think of your country? i think i could muster up some go for it frame of mind to save my life and sanity.

Uh, the whole point is she's desperate to get out of there and willing to do anything. The 'magic of tv' goes both ways. The point of that scene was to demonstrate the ugliness and barbarity of the school of thought that conversion/aversion therapy does anything, not 'lesbians think peen is gross!'

yes, yes. i know. if that scene didn't play out that way, there would be no point in having it included at all. personally, i just thought it was over the top.

my take away message is: i just think, given her reaction (which in a real life situation, i would view to be extreme), the doctor handled it compassionately. i haven't seen him do anything overtly evil.

I don't think he's overly evil (unless he's bloody face!!!!)

But that scene was supposed to be like that because this whole season is about how appalling and repulsive and monstrous human beings can be without any kind of supernatural intervention....and we even have the devil there to point it all out to us.

gotcha.

I went back and forth with ZQ all episode, especially the part where he's trying to convince Kit he's insane, despite acknowledging that he doesn't think Kit is the murderer. But I do think whatever he is, he has a massive crush on Lena and did intend on trying to help her the way he knew how.

yeah, that kit thing confused the hell out of me. maybe he is trying to keep him in long enough that another suspect is found instead of allowing him to get the chair? he's trying to keep him safe and secure while at the bin and the best way to do it is by having him submit? i can understand the doctor choosing not to flat out say - yeah, i think you're innocent - because that would be unprofessional and could get him into trouble. but, he kinda did that with lena so...

no. i really don't get that part at all. eventually i will, i suspect.

I also love how complex they're making Sister Jude, and the obvious pain on her face when Kit was 'confessing' and she was realizing that she didn't believe he really had a sin to confess, whereas she's been bottling her actual sin up for years while beating up everyone around her to overcompensate. Greatttt scene, they need more together.
    All of this, I really liked that scene. I'm not sure about the alien twist, but Evan & Jessica are my favorite actors on the the show. Both seasons. Oh and I love ZQ.

Quote Originally Posted by k_bass View Post
    All of this, I really liked that scene. I'm not sure about the alien twist, but Evan & Jessica are my favorite actors on the the show. Both seasons. Oh and I love ZQ.
    i rewatched the episode this morning, and i realized that not only did the cops put it in sister jude's head that kit may not be the killer, but she had also seen an alien type creature while she was drunk and got a shiver when he said 'those creatures can be real'.

Oh Zachary. So wonderful, you are.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I'm guessing Lana gets tortured by him until she thinks she's in love and has his creepy murder baby.

aw fucking fuck. i sure am eating a big bag of dicks right now. this show is the greatest.

I'm guessing Lana gets tortured by him until she thinks she's in love and has his creepy murder baby.
    No way, but I do see the infatuation you were talking about earlier. Somehow, she gets away I bet.

And I am starting to think the alien stuff ends up turning out to be doctor/hospital/crazy medicine man in the end. I don't know. I just feel like it's so far removed from everything else if they really go the alien route completely.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    No way, but I do see the infatuation you were talking about earlier. Somehow, she gets away I bet.

And I am starting to think the alien stuff ends up turning out to be doctor/hospital/crazy medicine man in the end. I don't know. I just feel like it's so far removed from everything else if they really go the alien route completely.
    I'm just thinking he has a plan for her, and is enamored as best he can, and the future Bloody Face has blue eyes....ZQ's are brown. So I'm guessing offspring. And I'm guessing from the way that actress said 'way worse things are in store for her' and going along the whole torture thing they've got, that she will have stockholm syndrome.

Plus there is an obvious pregnancy theme (again) to the whole season. Aliens impregnating people, etc.

I think Grace made up the abduction. I've noticed that she takes on whatever story she thinks Kit wants to hear. First it's that she's framed for murder like him. When that's revealed to be a lie, she says she was a victim of rape, which appeals to the part of Kit that wants to take care of/rescue women from abusers. Then shortly after he says he and his wife were trying to have a baby or planned on it, she sees his pregnant wife....alive.

Also maybe Kit is an alien and doesn't know it.

she sure is a fruitcake. but a pretty one. i noticed her accent goes from totally french to totally american at times. it's confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    she sure is a fruitcake. but a pretty one. i noticed her accent goes from totally french to totally american at times. it's confusing.
    She's a French actress. I think they wrote in a line that she was French-born, American raised to explain that. Also, her character is based off Lizzie Borden (which I'm sure was specifically written for her, since her first name is Lizzie as well, and Lizzie Borden was either born in France or her parents were, not sure)

ah. i did figure it was some kind of a cover up for possibly not being able to retain an accent (which ever one she was putting on). i was just playing it off in my head like another part of her delusions, like she uses sexy french around the boys and one of the girls accent around the girls.

Well, I certainly dont think he plans to kill her. He DID say he wants her to "write his story" so Im wondering if he just plans to make her watch him skin her girlfriend and such.

Not so much that he wants to be caught or anything, but wants people to know. Like hes tired of living his double life, so he just wants it all out and then he can disappear and continue skinning chicks.

Cool lampshade and skull bowl. Where can I get one? .... oh yeah..

Ironically, she DID sneak into the hospital for an exclusive on Bloody Face.

Thread Information