Thread: Jessica Naomi Jones, 20, missing since October 28, last seen drunk at a party, car found wrecked

Jessica Naomi Jones, 20, missing since October 28, last seen drunk at a party, car found wrecked

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...176485241.html

The family of a young woman is frantic after she went missing on the weekend.

Jessica Naomi Jones, 20, was reported missing Monday afternoon by Winnipeg police, who said she was last seen Saturday night.
    Jennifer Jackson-Jones said her daughter suffers from depression and alcohol addiction and they are worried about her.

"She used to be a gymnast and a diver but now she needs help, she?s at risk," Jones said. "If someone finds her, please get the police involved."

Jones said the last time a family member had contact with her daughter was late Saturday night. Jones said Jessica had gone to her father?s home in Riverbend to check on a family pet and her father, who was working, spoke to her by phone.

Jones said Jessica?s trail is sketchy after that.
    "What happened after that, we don?t know."

The RCMP found her wrecked car at about 5 a.m. on the median near the westbound ramp of the Perimeter Highway at McPhillips Street.

Late Monday afternoon ? about two hours after Winnipeg Police issued its missing persons report on her ? a young woman knocked on Jones? door in River Heights. She had with her Jessica?s purse, containing her ID, car keys, credit cards and some cash.
    The woman told Jones that one of her friends picked up Jessica early Sunday morning in St. James, near Cavalier Drive and Portage Avenue, and drove her to a party at a home in the 200 block of Furby Street. But the owners of the home ? who didn?t know her, and no one else at the party knew her -- kicked her out because she was too drunk.

Jones said that was the last she knows that anyone has seen or heard of Jessica.

"Her vehicle is smashed up. She could have been killed. Now she?s missing, she has no money."

Jones said her daughter was often drunk and would go out, get picked up by police and spend the night at the Main Street Project. After the last episode, she took Jessica for assessment at the HSC. She was hoping Jessica would be admitted to the hospital?s psychiatric unit but after four days she was discharged without a plan.

For the past month, Jones said Jessica has been mostly house-bound, sober and severely depressed.

Jones said she?s grateful for the help from Winnipeg police, who have been in contact with area hospitals and the Main Street Project.
    "She?s intoxicated? she?s vulnerable. I?m just beside myself."

Jones said her daughter needs to get into rehab but the waiting list for community facilities is too long and the family can?t afford a private facility.
    "She?s not crazy. She?s just a girl who needs help."

Winnipeg Police described Jessica as aboriginal, about 5?-6" tall, 130 lbs, with medium length brown hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing a short black leather jacket, blue jeans, and carrying a purple wallet.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Ugh, I can't imagine having that much of a craving for alcohol, or for that drunk feeling. These kind of stories don't end well, so I hope she turns up soon. And I am confused about the woman who showed up with homegirl's ID...her "friend" picked up Jessica and took her to a party and they kicked her out...where was this "friend" at the party? Did she not feel the inclination to take homegirl somewhere else or did they just kick her out the door and say "see you later, bitch?" Some friend of a friend. Cute girl, hope someone finds her before something happens to her.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Ugh, I can't imagine having that much of a craving for alcohol, or for that drunk feeling. These kind of stories don't end well, so I hope she turns up soon. And I am confused about the woman who showed up with homegirl's ID...her "friend" picked up Jessica and took her to a party and they kicked her out...where was this "friend" at the party? Did she not feel the inclination to take homegirl somewhere else or did they just kick her out the door and say "see you later, bitch?" Some friend of a friend. Cute girl, hope someone finds her before something happens to her.
    I'm guessing she dropped her off.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Yeah something's fishy with this one. I really don't think this will end well.

Last edited by snowfallsoon; 11-03-2012 at 05:25 PM.

I thought Jessica reminded me of someone. I finally figured it out. She reminds me of Gina Gershon.

http://www.cjob.com/news/winnipeg/story.aspx?ID=1809464

Woman found safe a week after her crashed car found near Perimeter
    CJOB News Team reporting
    11/4/2012

A 20 year old Winnipeg woman who went missing last weekend after her car crashed has arrived home safe and sound...

Last Monday, Winnipeg police reported Jessica Naomi Jones as missing. She was last seen Saturday night when she'd been driven to a party at a home in the 200 block of Furby Street.

A message tweeted this evening by her sister indicates Jones is home safe...

RCMP found her wrecked car at about 5 a.m. Sunday on the median near the westbound ramp of the Perimeter Highway at McPhillips Street.

Glad there is a happy ending to this one.

So she crashed her car drunk and did a runner.

Wow, I really didn't expect a "happy" ending. Glad she's safe. Now let's get homegirl in some rehab.

So she crashed her car drunk and did a runner.
    That's my guess too. She's aware enough to know how to avoid a DUI charge.

Quote Originally Posted by blu View Post
    That's my guess too. She's aware enough to know how to avoid a DUI charge.
    My thought is if she was so drunk, how was she able to find somewhere to hide out that night? And who hid her for five days?

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    My thought is if she was so drunk, how was she able to find somewhere to hide out that night? And who hid her for five days?
    Well, I had a friend (whose dad died drunk driving) who would get super shit faced and drive. One night, she flipped her car and got out and ran for it. Called a friend to come pick her up. Friend gets there, here is this girl, super hammered and covered in blood and glass, and calm as can be.

I'm sure she showed up at a friend's house and said she needed to lay low, so she did.

Well, I had a friend (whose dad died drunk driving) who would get super shit faced and drive. One night, she flipped her car and got out and ran for it. Called a friend to come pick her up. Friend gets there, here is this girl, super hammered and covered in blood and glass, and calm as can be.

I'm sure she showed up at a friend's house and said she needed to lay low, so she did.

That's so crazy. When I get completely wasted, I'm in total blackout mode. Maybe I could do it. I dunno.

I've been so drunk I count drive but I've never blacked out. Hell, I won't drive after even 1 drink. But that's not the point. Yeah. I think she was camped out somewhere probably afraid of going home.

*couldn't. Hate. Phone. Posting.

A lot of drunk drivers try to take off after an accident.

A lot of drunk drivers try to take off after an accident.
    Well yeah, but most of them don't find refuge for five days. Most of the time they are found walking down the road, past out in a ditch down the road, or past out on someone's porch/lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Well yeah, but most of them don't find refuge for five days. Most of the time they are found walking down the road, past out in a ditch down the road, or past out on someone's porch/lawn.
    Well, she already was in trouble, and then she was in double trouble because she was 'missing', so I can see how she'd just lay low for a while.

I have plenty of friends who would come get me and hide me out for as long as I needed. When the kids were little, I was often tempted.

I just don't see her hiding out for that long to be so absurd.

It's not shocking that she found somewhere to hide for multiple days, it's more shocking that she was able to leave the scene of the crash and make it somewhere before falling on her face.

Thread Information