Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ivy Merck - missing since 23 August 2012

Ivy Merck - missing since 23 August 2012

http://www.facebook.com/imerck

The Camden County Sheriff's Office is investigating the case of a 24-year-old woman missing since Thursday, Aug. 23.

Ivy Dawn Merck, a Camden native and University of Georgia graduate, was listed as missing after her father, Steven Merck, told police in Athens that his daughter never arrived home in Kingsland last Thursday.

Ivy Merck's name and a description of her car, a dark green 2008 Honda CRV, were entered into law enforcement's statewide computer system this week. Her license place number is AYZ-5912.

According to the missing persons report filed with the Athens-Clarke County Police Department, Merck told her roommate and boss at the Good Hands Vet Clinic, where she worked as a vet tech, on Tuesday, Aug. 21, that she was leaving Athens to drive home to Kingsland.

On Aug. 23, the Good Hands clinic received a text from Merck and a request for copies of her dog's medical records from the clinic where Merck boarded the dog until Thursday, Aug. 30.

Capt. Clarence Holman, director of the ACPD criminal investigations division, said Merck's cell phone has since pinged off a tower in Boca Raton, Fla., though Camden County Sheriff's Office detectives are still investigating the case.

Merck is listed as 5 feet, 1 inch tall and 115 pounds with brown eyes and dark blonde to brown hair. Those with information about her whereabouts are asked to call the sheriff's office at (912) 510-5100.

http://www.tribune-georgian.com/arti...pstory8.29.txt

It looks bad news bears that her cell phone was pinged so far away from home

I am confused? She left the 21st- texted the 23rd for dogs records. I wonder if the dog is still at the clinic or it left on the 30th. This doesn't look good.

It looks like she boarded it from the 21st to the 30th because she would be driving home, but texted on the 23rd.
    They consider her missing on the 23rd because thats the last time anyone heard from her, but i would consider her missing since the 21st since thats the last time anyone saw her

It also seems like it took wayyyy too long for this to become a missing persons case. If she didnt show up last Thursday i would have contacted police and newspapers that very night

Absolutely! My family knows if I don't pick up my dog... Something is seriously wrong. I read somewhere the father didn't want the media involved. That could be hearsay. I'm going to search a little more and see if I find where I read that.

If the father didnt want the media involved then i would be giving him the side eye.

My dad would stand on street corners and shout if i went missing and the media wouldnt help him

Kelly Reynolds I question whether she is really "missing" or not. I've seen posts made by family members stating that the family wants "privacy" and that they aren't ready to go public with this in the media yet. Yet it is rapidly spreading throughout facebook that she's missing, and her dad reported it to the police. Makes no sense!!!

http://www.facebook.com/theredandbla...09876282496001

Maybe its a suicide and thats why she boarded her dog so he would be in good hands.

Or maybe she deicded, fuck it, im going to florida!

Definitely could be either one.

Unhappy

I live in Athens and have not seen one thing in our local paper about a missing girl. I find this strange since she was a UGA graduate. Also I do not understand why she would take her dog and board somewhere when she works at a Vet and could probably board for low cost. This should be on the front page of the Athens Banner Herald and it is NOT!!

meh, THERE IS A FOOTBALL GAME TOMORROW, WHO CARES ABOUT THIS AND OTHER STORIES.

literally have heard nothing about this case either.

the roads she should have used to get from Athens down to Kingsland would have been relatively safe also, no 2 lane roads through too scary of territory. mostly would have been a 4 lane highway all the way down to the coast.

Investigators and the family of a missing 24-year-old Kingsland woman are very concerned that she hasn't been seen or heard from in eight days.

Ivy Merck didn't show up for work in Athens on Aug. 23, and her family says it's unlike her to just disappear.

Camden County deputies said Merck was last seen in Kingsland at Laurel Oaks Animal Hospital near Interstate 95. Her car was found in South Florida two days ago, but there was no sign of her.

At least four different agencies in two states are trying to solve the mystery and bring Merck home safe.

"She always showed up when she said she would, and she was just a beautiful, conscientious young lady, and for her to just go missing is very strange," said Deputy William Terrel, of the Camden County Sheriff's Office.

That's why detectives are so concerned about Merck, a University of Georgia graduate who grew up in Kingsland.

"We have to assume that there may be something wrong," Terrel said. "It would be unsafe and unwise to assume otherwise."

Investigators said people started to notice something may be wrong when Merck didn't show up for work last week at a vet clinic in Athens. Her roommate didn't know where she went.

Investigators said Merck went to the animal hospital in Kingsland to board her dog. The owner of the clinic didn't want to comment Friday.

Deputies in Broward County, Fla., found Merck's SUV at a shopping center in Deerfield Beach on Wednesday.

"We don't want to talk about what was in the car," Terrel said. "Some of her belongings were in the car. It was clearly her vehicle. She had been in it."

Merck's father, who lives in Kingsland, told detectives he could not imagine who his daughter could be with. He said he's called her friends and nobody knows what happened to her. And he told investigators he doesn't know of anyone that his daughter may have ongoing problems with.

So for now, police from many different agencies continue to search for the young woman, hoping she'll turn up safe and sound.

"We're doing everything we can to find her, trying to understand what happened, the sequence of events, who spoke to her last, and try to work backwards," Terrel said.

Merck is described as being 5 feet 1 inch tall and about 115 pounds, with brown eyes and dark blonde to brown hair.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Woman-s...z/-/index.html

Oh shit, looks like someone dumped her car at the plaza. Never a good sign.

Some of the comments on articles are saying a note was found in the car but it hasn't been disclosed what was written on it.

I'm a little confused about the dog boarding thing, why was she boarding them? I mean, could it have been for a reason related to why she might be gone missing?

from a post on another forum (is that allowed to crosspost those here? didn't see anything in the forum rules section)

I don't have time to catch up on the thread, but I just spoke with a relative of Ivy's. None of this is verified, so just more rumors at this point, but rumors from a close relative.

This is what I was told:

Ivy lied to her boss and her roommate and told them her grandfather had died and she needed time off. She did not tell her parents (who are not divorced and seem to be together) that she was coming to Kingsland. She borrowed $750 from her very much alive grandfather, saying she needed tires for her car. Ivy did drop her dog off at the Laurel Island Animal Clinic. But neglected to drop off the paperwork showing the dog had its shots, the Animal Clinic contacted her parents about the paperwork when she couldnt be reached and thats when rumors started about her missing.. Her parents, not knowing she was even coming to Kingsland, contacted room mate and her work and discovered the lie about her gpa. After the police were contacted, Ivy must have heard of the uproar and abandoned her car and phone in a place where she knew it would be found. There was a note asking whoever found the car to tell her parents she is okay and just needed time.
    Her family does believe that this has snowballed on her and she is very embarrassed for being caught in her lies about the money and her gpa. Knowing we have all done embarrassing things (especially in our twenties), they have tried to keep the media attention to a minimum until LE decides if she is missing on her own or if she was abducted. They are checking camera's in the area her car was found, and checking cruise lines out of Ft Lauderdale. As of today, the source I spoke with does not know the results of the investigation.

Missing Athens woman left notes in car found in Florida

Authorities in Florida’s Broward County recently found the car of a 24-year-old Athens woman who has been missing for more than two weeks.

Ivy Dawn Merck had told people that she was leaving Athens to visit her parents in her hometown of Kingsland, Ga., in Camden County, but she never arrived, authorities said.

The University of Georgia graduate who lived on Inglewood Avenue left notes in the car for her parents and roommate that described personal problems she needed to work out, authorities said.

Merck did not appear to be suicidal in the notes, according to Deputy William Terrell, spokesman for the Camden County Sheriff’s Office.

“The notes she left in her car are a bit vague and open to interpretation, but there was no direct implication that she intended to hurt herself,” Terrell said.

Still, authorities are looking for the woman with great urgency because they cannot rule out the possibility of foul play, according to Terrell.

“On the one hand, there’s no indication thus far that any crime has been committed, but on the other hand, her car was abandoned at a place she had never been to before, somewhere she didn’t know anyone,” Terrell said.

On Aug. 21, Merck told her roommate and supervisor at Good Hands Veterinary Hospital she was leaving to visit her parents, said Terrell.

She boarded her dog in Kingsland on Aug. 23, but never arrived at her parents’ house. That’s when Steven Merck filed a missing persons report with Athens-Clarke police.

Authorities listed Merck as a missing person in state and national law enforcement databases, and on Aug. 30, a Broward County sheriff’s deputy found the woman’s car in a parking lot in Deerfield Beach, just south of Boca Raton and about 350 miles from Kingsland.

Some of her belongings were in the car, but authorities did not find Merck’s cellphone, Terrell said.

The missing woman’s father is mystified and worried about what happened.

“We last spoke with Ivy on (Aug. 22) and she did not say she was heading to Camden,” Steven Merck said. “She was just talking like she was staying in Athens and sounded very happy at the time.”

Authorities from Clarke, Camden and Broward counties are assisting in the missing persons case, along with the Kingsland Police Department.

“They tell me they are working on certain leads and they don’t want me to talk about that right now, but we still have hope, and if anyone has information please let us know. We just want to know that Ivy is safe,” Steven Merck said Thursday.

Authorities were working out arrangements with CNN for Merck’s parents to make a televised appeal Thursday night to their daughter, or anyone who knows of her whereabouts, to contact them, Terrell said.

“I hope we’re correct that no foul play has occurred, but we can’t rule that out and that’s why we’re doing full-court press to locate her,” Terrell said.

“Miss Merck is 24 years old and can go about her life as she wants, but her parents just need to know that she is alive and well.”

Merck is 5-foot-1, weighs 115 pounds, with brown eyes and dark blonde to brown hair.

Anyone who has seen or had recent contact with Merck should contact the Camden County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 729-1442, or call Athens-Clarke police Sgt. Brad Collinsworth at (706) 613-3337.

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2...-found-florida

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...harmed-herself

Camden County Sheriff's Detectives and Kingsland Police are now saying missing 24-year-old Ivy Merck may have intended to harm herself.

Investigators met with a group of criminal profilers from around the world Thursday morning to discuss Merck's disappearance. That's according to the Camden County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

"After exhausting every available lead, examining all the available evidence and consulting with profilers, investigators have determined that there is a high probability Ivy may have intended to harm herself," the post said.

"Everyone involved hopes Ivy can be brought home safely but the likelihood of that happening greatly diminishes every day."

Friday, September 14th, is Merck's 25th birthday. Investigators are asking friends and family to post a birthday message on her Facebook wall.

Grainy video was also discovered from a coffee and snack shop near where Merck's car was found in Deerfield Beach in Broward County. The video was taken on August 24th and it appears to be the missing woman.

Investigators are still waiting to confirm her identity when a clearer version of the video becomes available. If the sighting is confirmed, it will be the last known contact with Merck.

Two notes were found in her car in Broward County, one to her family and one to her roommate. Both notes were short and may have expressed Merck's desire to leave because of unnamed hardships in her life.

Merck left her job in Clarke County on August 23rd, drove to Camden County, and put her dog in a kennel.

She has not been seen since.

Police still consider the disappearance a very active case. They have set up a phone line, dedicated for people who have any information about Merck's whereabouts. The number is (912) 510-5115. There's also an email address at helpfindivy@gmail.com for the same purpose.

LOCATED ALIVE according to the Camden County Sheriff's Department who wrote on their Facebook page: "Ivy Dawn Merck was found alive today in Miami. Her parents are with her at this time. More details will be forthcoming but she is alive. Thank you all for you help support and prayers through this very trying time."

https://www.facebook.com/CamdenCountySheriff

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Whew! But what the hell was she doing in Miami? Running off with her Latin lover?
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Whew! But what the hell was she doing in Miami? Running off with her Latin lover?
    I heard she was with her black lover; they had to escape Detroit cuz someone sighted them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    dafuq?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    LOCATED ALIVE according to the Camden County Sheriff's Department who wrote on their Facebook page: "Ivy Dawn Merck was found alive today in Miami. Her parents are with her at this time. More details will be forthcoming but she is alive. Thank you all for you help support and prayers through this very trying time."

https://www.facebook.com/CamdenCountySheriff
    that thread is painful to read, I wonder how the people will react if something negative comes out about how she was found or where she was found.

I heard she ran from Detroit because she was seen with her latin/black lesbian lover.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I heard she ran from Detroit because she was seen with her latin/black lesbian lover.
    Yes, I heard she was trying to hide out in Altoona, PA.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t244580/
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Yes, I heard she was trying to hide out in Altoona, PA.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t244580/
    Altooooonah! I like saying it like that.

Thread Information