Thread: John William Clements 46, Shot 2 People Then Committed Suicide Over A Cancelled Threesome

John William Clements 46, Shot 2 People Then Committed Suicide Over A Cancelled Threesome

This is pure insanity.

I really couldn't get all the detail into the title without writing another pain med induced essay so if someone can explain it better in a nice concise sentence please, please do.

The 2 he shot were not the other threesome participants, the man he shot was killed, the woman was critically injured but survived.

& it happened in Tasmania.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-2...lained/6413346

PHOTO: Coroner Michael Brett said John Clements deliberately shot his victims and intended to kill them. (Supplied)

MAP: Devonport 7310
    A coroner has found the actions of a man who killed another man and critically injured a woman before killing himself in Devonport, Tasmania, in 2011 cannot be explained rationally.

Coroner Michael Brett found 46-year-old John William Clements shot and killed Benjamin Mark Aherne when Mr Aherne went to the aid of Clements' former partner at a house in Devonport.

Clements then shot and critically injured Mr Aherne's partner, Christine Rowlands, before turning the rifle on himself.

Mr Brett found Clements was disappointed and angry because a sexual encounter he was anticipating did not eventuate and he indicated he intended to harm or kill his ex-partner, Kylie Hales.

Mr Brett praised Mr Aherne's courage saying his actions likely saved Ms Hale's life.

He also acknowledged Ms Rowlands' selflessness.

Mr Brett found Clements deliberately shot both Mr Aherne and Ms Rowlands and intended to kill both of them.

He said Clements' reaction "could not reasonably have been anticipated by any person concerned" and that it was "impossible to explain his conduct in any rational way".

Killer was planning group sex before shootings

Mr Brett established that the day before the shootings, Clements had been exchanging text messages with Ms Hales and another woman, Helen Scott, which suggested the three should have sex together.

The coroner concluded Clements formed the view that he would have group sex with the women the next day after he finished work.

That night the women had sex with Ms Scott's ex-husband, police officer Timothy Scott.

Mr Scott left Ms Hale's house before Clements arrived the next morning, but Mr Brett said the evidence indicated Mr Clements may have realised a sexual encounter with someone else had taken place.

Mr Scott was convicted in 2014 of making a false statement to police about when he had been at the house and was sacked from the police force.

Mr Brett said Clements was agitated when he arrived at the house and "brutally assaulted" Ms Hales while shouting abuse at her and saying he intended to harm or kill her.

Clements then returned to his own home and collected a .44 calibre rifle with a loaded magazine and extra ammunition, before he went back to Ms Hale's house.*

At Ms Hale's house he encountered Mr Aherne and Ms Rowlands, who had arrived to assist Ms Hales.

Clements shot Ms Rowlands twice while she sat in her car in the driveway of the property.

He then shot Mr Aherne three times before killing himself.

No history of mental illness or family violence

Mr Brett recommended a review of the existing system under which police remove firearms from persons accused of family violence.

"If Mr Clements had not had access to a firearm, then it is unlikely that his death or the death of Mr Aherne would have occurred," he said.

But he acknowledged that Clements had no history of mental illness or family violence, and said police would not have had time to confiscate his firearms.

Mr Brett said he endorsed the current system but thought it timely that a review be considered.

The rifle that Clements used on the day of the shootings was registered to him and he had an appropriate firearms licence.

Clements also had three other firearms at his residence in Ulverstone.

Mr Brett said one of those firearms was not registered and all were not correctly stored.

"Short of removing firearms completely from society, there seems little more that could have been done," he said.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    By the sounds of it, he thought the two people he was trying to kill were part of the threesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    By the sounds of it, he thought the two people he was trying to kill were part of the threesome
    I guess he might've thought the guy was the person she slept with before he came over, but the threesome was organised with his ex-wife & one of her female friends who he presumably knew through their marriage. I think he was just such a jerk that he lost it cos he didn't get a fuck when & where he wanted it. Nutter.

Sux when they're dead & you can't tell them what a total cunt they've been.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Tazzy for you is like Alabama for us, so I'm told.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Lol & Thankyou!! I was trying to come up with the U.S equivalent & I was like, if Queensland = Florida then wtf is weird, inbred, backwoods Tassie. I was swinging between Alabama & Kentucky but having been to neither I didn't want to risk a guess.

ETA just noticed our respective spellings for Tasmania - it gets confusing. We mostly say it "Tazzie" but spell it "Tassie" - just to be annoying I guess.
    Last edited by blighted star; 04-24-2015 at 06:45 AM.

Wow, I'm not sure how I would react in a situation like this.

Then again, none of my randy and adventurous threesomes have ever fallen through.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Dude TOTALLY looks like an American Redneck
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I was talking with my Aussie ex and her friend, and I asked them what Oz considered their "south."

They both looked and told me they didn't really have one. Ha, bullshit. So when her friend left I asked "so which one of you is from the south? cause you're full of shit. It's her, isn't it?"

She laughs and says "yea. I don't think Tasmanians wear shoes."
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

<<<ahem>>>
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Welp, that's awful. I get the feeling he would have killed someone --anyone, really-- even if the threesome thing had worked out. Just wanted a fuckaroo before he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Shit. John William Clements was the Tasmanian Devil.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thread Information