Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Christian Jullia Lovemore (41) suffocated her 6-week old baby with pages from the bible

Crazy Christian Jullia Lovemore (41) suffocated her 6-week old baby with pages from the bible

A UK woman, Jullia Lovemore, 41, admitted to the manslaughter of her 6 week old daughter in court stemming from an incident in 2009. Lovemore has been in the custody of the state for three years prior to her latest courtroom appearance. She now awaits the punishment for smothering her child to death.

When the child was discovered dead, it was found to have pages of the bible in its mouth and throat. The mother admits to blocking the airways of the less than two month old child's mouth. She said, "I sat in my bedroom and I was ripping pages out of my Bible. I put some small bits of paper in Faith's mouth and she spat them out."

Many sources have reported the mother describing sitting on the child, and then bouncing up and down. She says she does not know why she did this and that she "got bipolar." Quite an excuse for someone who admitted to taking the life of a child.

She is married to David Lovemore, and both have a history of psychosis and mental illness. They are both also known religious fanatics.

It is now believed that when social workers arrived at the house the child was already dead. They say David Lovemore was in a full blown psychotic state, praying loudly and screaming for someone to "take the devil out of Julia."

Julia Lovemore has had a history of psychotic episodes going back as far as 1995. She will continue to be held in custody until she is sentenced. As of this writing a date has not been set for sentencing.

Yep, that would make her crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

RIP baby that never stood a chance, sick fucks
    RIP Faggot Charles
    "That is it, no murder/suicide for me if it mean's that they will use my DMV photo in the news." - poppy213

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Birds of a feather. Ugh.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

A lot of schizophrenics get really involved in religion because it feeds their delusions. It sounds like these people were both suffering from severe mental illness. Good thing the state doesn't want to pay for there to be any kind of checks and balances system/provide assistance to these people!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    A lot of schizophrenics get really involved in religion because it feeds their delusions. It sounds like these people were both suffering from severe mental illness. Good thing the state doesn't want to pay for there to be any kind of checks and balances system/provide assistance to these people!
    Isn't prison "assistance?"
    Wait until they do something wrong, then we hang em.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Why do we let crazy people reproduce? If you are clearly an unfit mother/father, you need to be fixed. Why let someone have a baby knowing damn well that the baby is going to be raised by crazy nuts and then grow up to become luka magnotta one day.

Quote Originally Posted by itai View Post
    Why do we let crazy people reproduce? If you are clearly an unfit mother/father, you need to be fixed. Why let someone have a baby knowing damn well that the baby is going to be raised by crazy nuts and then grow up to become luka magnotta one day.
    Society doesnt have the right to step in and keep anyone, let alone crazy people or anyone else from reproducing. It would be nice, but then again I wouldnt have my kids.

I don't think that it can always be predicted how a person is going to be as a parent. We just have to hope and pray that people take care of their children but if you look around on mds or any other news outlet, you will see this stuff happening more and more.

If crazy people stopped reproducing, there wouldn't be any more people.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    If crazy people stopped reproducing, there wouldn't be any more people.

Yeah, but there's crazy and then there's "CRAZY". This chick is batshit insane. Poor baby. I understand that they can't enact a law to "prevent" the mentally ill from reproducing, it sure sucks for this little girl though. You don't get to choose your parents. RIP Little One. You deserved better.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Look at it this way, those disorders are usually genetically passed along. She would have just grown up to be a crazy person too!

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mortis88 View Post
    Yeah, but there's crazy and then there's "CRAZY". This chick is batshit insane. Poor baby. I understand that they can't enact a law to "prevent" the mentally ill from reproducing, it sure sucks for this little girl though. You don't get to choose your parents. RIP Little One. You deserved better.
    Yeah, but sometimes crazy is temporary. People can be crazy and then go back to normal, and vice versa, which is what I'm assuming is the case here because somehow this chick managed to live 41 years without smothering a baby with Bible pages. The way this country deals with mental illness is also pretty horrifying, but that's another topic for another thread, I s'pose.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

This story is really old. She was detained indefinitely under the Mental Health Act last year

ETA: I just checked. It was 2010 she was sentenced

16 June 2010

Milton mother who killed baby detained indefinitely

A mentally ill woman who killed her six-week-old daughter by sitting on her has been detained indefinitely.

Julia Lovemore, of The Rowans, Milton, near Cambridge, earlier admitted the manslaughter of baby Faith on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

Her daughter was declared dead on arrival at hospital on 17 June 2009.

The judge at Cambridge Crown Court said the 41-year-old was "profoundly mentally disordered and suffering from religious delusions at the time".

She was detained indefinitely under the Mental Health Act.

The court heard the mother-of-two had suffered mental health problems since the age of 26 and had recovered, but had a relapse after the birth of her first child in July 2006.

She and her husband were described a "religious fanatics" in court.

Julia Lovemore was visited by a community psychiatric nurse and a health visitor on the day of the killing.

When they arrived, they found her husband David Lovemore, 39, downstairs praying for his wife, and their older child was sitting on the stairs.

The 41-year-old and Faith were not seen by the visitors, who left to call for more help because they were disturbed by Mr Lovemore's behaviour, the court heard.

Prosecutor John Farmer said: "Unfortunately, neither of them sought to see the defendant and the best interpretation of events is that by then Faith was dead or dying because there would be no other reason why the husband of the defendant was so intensely engaged in prayer."
    Continue reading the main story
    ?Start Quote

I felt very unsettled, I would almost go as far as to say I was scared?

Rebecca Hughes, the community psychiatric nurse, told police Mr Lovemore was stamping his feet and saying: "Take the devil out of Julia."

She said: "I have never ever seen him like that before. It was as if he was in a trance.

"I felt the situation was unstable. I was very worried about David, I feared he may be becoming psychotic.

"I felt very unsettled, I would almost go as far as to say I was scared."

Mr Farmer told the court Mr Lovemore walked into a doctor's surgery shortly afterwards with his elder child who had been doused in white spirit, and Faith who was dead.

Gordon Jeyes, of Cambridgeshire Safeguading Children's Board, said the family was visited regularly

Authorities were called after Lovemore hit the child over the head with a hairbrush in November that year, the court heard.

She was reported to police by her husband who himself suffered from "profound mental health problems", Mr Farmer said.

He said the child was put on the "at risk" register and in February 2009, when Lovemore was found to be pregnant with Faith, she was seen by a consultant psychiatrist who said she was at high risk of relapse.

The court heard the couple, both "religious fanatics", insisted on having the birth at home without any medical attention at all.

Several meetings were held after Faith was born on 3 May last year, and Mr Farmer said there were no concerns "apart from the administration of extreme religious views".

A meeting was held early in June 2009 which determined both children should remain on the "at risk" register, the court heard.

Lovemore's husband was originally charged with allowing Faith's death, but the prosecution was abandoned in April.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10327455

Oops. I totally didn't read closely enough to determine she was not from this country. But I stick by what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Oops. I totally didn't read closely enough to determine she was not from this country. But I stick by what I said.
    If I was mean I'd point out that the first three words of the first article are "A UK woman" but I'm not so I won't

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    If I was mean I'd point out that the first three words of the first article are "A UK woman" but I'm not so I won't

I agree BUT! There have been cases where parents have hurt their kids and had them taken from them only to go off and have more kids. I think it was on MDS that I read an article about a couple who kept having their babies taken from them so they just kept reproducing. They were at baby 6-8 or so. It is ridiculous
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Society doesnt have the right to step in and keep anyone, let alone crazy people or anyone else from reproducing. It would be nice, but then again I wouldnt have my kids.

I don't think that it can always be predicted how a person is going to be as a parent. We just have to hope and pray that people take care of their children but if you look around on mds or any other news outlet, you will see this stuff happening more and more.

Platos Republic baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by itai View Post

I couldn't agree more. If you don't have an adverage or above adverage IQ, Or you are bat-shit crazy...you probably shouldn't reproduce and instead of worrying about who is getting married to whom, or womens health issues...they should probably work on that. Poop little baby :(

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    How many kids do you have, Rachel?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I haven't posted in forever...but oh my gosh, I am cracking up at Rachel's post (and Ron's response). Hahaha

Poop little baby

Quote Originally Posted by nerysinci View Post
    Poop little baby
    I missed that part and thought people were being a little rash, saw it, and carry on, folks.

Thread Information