Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zachary Proper (13) killed his grandparents after they called his mother a whore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Zachary Proper (13) killed his grandparents after they called his mother a whore

Possible FB? http://www.facebook.com/zachary.proper1?sk=wall

A 13-year-old Pennsylvania boy charged with fatally shooting his grandparents in their home was upset because they called his mother a "whore" and were "speaking poorly about her," according to state police and court documents.

Zachary James Proper, of Oil City, was arraigned Tuesday morning as an adult before District Judge Michael Snyder in Franklin, Pa., on two counts of criminal homicide. He was remanded to Venango County Jail without bond, Pennsylvania State Police said.

Troopers found the bodies of Dorothy Fross, 67, and George Fross, 69, on Monday night in their home in Sandycreek Township in Venango County. They went there after the Frosses' son - the boy's father - called police to ask them to check on the couple's welfare.

Proper's parents were concerned that their son had gotten drunk and high on Sunday night and had stolen a car belonging to his grandparents, police said in a criminal complaint, The Associated Press reported.

Proper lived about 10 miles away in Oil City with his parents but often spent time at his grandparents' home, investigators said.

Police believe the Frosses were shot in their home late Sunday afternoon.

According to the police affidavit, the boy admitted to the killings, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. The affidavit outlined this sequence of events, according to the Post-Gazette and the AP:

Proper used bolt cutters to break into a gun safe at his grandparents' home and took a handgun. He put on headphones, sneaked up behind his grandmother and fatally shot her. He then called his grandfather and told him that he would meet him at the front door to help him carry in groceries. When the grandfather came home, Zachary took a pizza from his hands and then shot him repeatedly until the gun jammed.

Asked to explain the shootings, the boy told police "that he was mad at his grandparents because they had called his mother a whore and were speaking poorly about her." Police did not elaborate on the remarks.

The boy told police he then drove his grandparents' car to Oil City, dumped the gun in a storm drain and spent the night partying at a cousin's house, the Gazette and the AP reported, citing the affidavit.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...r-a-whore?lite

His apparent facebook url ends in zach.proper, I don't think I can post links yet or else I'd post it.

If what he claims his Grandparents said is true, yes they were assholes, but wow. The way he tricked his Grandpa is just heartbreaking.

This is local to me and came on the news while the kids were doing their assigned reading last night. Suddenly I have three huge sets of eyes looking at me, and my oldest daughter says "but that was a KID!". So we talked about how sad it was, and how the boy must have been really sick in his brain to do something like that. Then my youngest daughter says, "you should never kill people you know".

I'm glad she got something from the discussion.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

It always amazes me how kids do things like this, then go to a party like nothing happened. He probably ate the pizza too.

He is actually a distant family member of mine. I was shocked when all of this happened. But that is not his facebook, I will just leave it at that

If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid_much View Post
    page not found?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    page not found?
    that was fast. It was there when I clicked it.

from his mom's fb:

Karen Beach Kapp: thanks for the good comments he is not a monster he is still my baby

beleted

It wasn't really interesting from what I recall.

His mom does have the fb Olivia posted as a friend on hers.

mom's fb
    http://www.facebook.com/karen.beachkapp?ref=ts&fref=ts

I'm not a mother and I'm not sure if a mother's love can ever really find an end butI'd definitely NOT call my son "my baby" if he had killed my parents! What a sicko!

Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    I'm not a mother and I'm not sure if a mother's love can ever really find an end butI'd definitely NOT call my son "my baby" if he had killed my parents! What a sicko!
    Well they did call her a whore.

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatality View Post

I keep hearing the phrase...

"SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!"

PEOPLE SHOULD THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY IN FRONT OF KIDS.

(caplock)

Oops, I meant to write that with a 'reply with quote' to StarrySky's post... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatality View Post
    maybe she was? lol parents and kids say things they dont mean all the time

Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    It was her in-laws, not her parents. Maybe that explains it...

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

When a woman becomes a mother, the emotions/love felt that moment you hold your child for the very first time is so very overwhelming... it is a love and devotion that cannot be compared to anything you've ever felt before. That is her baby, and referring to him as such doesn't necessarily mean she agrees with his actions or that she doesn't believe he deserves to pay the consequences for them. I guarantee you that woman will be at the jail visiting with him every chance she gets for the rest of her life, as would just about any mother... I can only imagine the torture going on inside her head and heart right now, being in her shoes would just about kill me for sure.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    More than likely it was her in-laws, and in-laws have a way of being complete asshats even to their OWN children. It doesn't surprise me at all that a MIL would say something like that, people are just mean like that. Some parents, no matter their age, think they can say whatever they want about whomever they want and it is of no consequence. The truth, as we see in this case, is that there are dire consequences. These people should have known better, period. If you ARE going to talk shit about someone, you definitely don't do it in front of their children. Teenagers are hella impressionable, and that makes them dangerous because they can think for themselves...and not always rationally. They don't know how to separate the emotions they are feeling from anything they might do. And this kid had access to drugs, guns AND alcohol? Seriously, this was a bomb just waiting to explode. It saddens me that he did something so incredibly, life alteringly stupid. It saddens me that he killed his father's own parents. What makes me angry is that they weren't respectful enough of their grandson to keep their opinions to themselves. Especially since mom and dad still live together (or at least that's what I got from the article.) This begs the question: what kind of parenting did this kid actually have? I don't know, but I'm sure we'll hear more about it. Ugh.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

My mom is a complete psycho beeotch. But no one else is allowed to call her that but me. Not condoning his actions in the least, But they probably shouldnt have said that in front of him.

"

Life Legacy

Dorothy E. Fross, 67, of 1190 Polk Cut-Off, Franklin died at her home Sunday October 7, 2012.

A daughter of Alfred and Josephine Lenhart McDonald she was born in Clarion on January 31, 1945.

Mrs. Fross was first and foremost a homemaker. She had worked for a time at the Voyager Inn and the Cranberry Mall. She also provided childcare as a nanny for many years.

She was the “Queen of her home”, she was meticulous with her home decorating, cleaning and baking. With children she was a teacher as well as a caregiver with a seemingly never ending supply of patience.

She enjoyed her flower gardens and watching the hummingbirds. In her early years she enjoyed camping with her family. She was outgoing and would talk to everyone. She and her husband treasured their time at Myrtle Beach and dancing.

She was a member of St. Patrick Church.

On October 24, 1964 she married William James Proper; he died February 17, 1976. She married George A. Fross on July 7, 1984 he died with her on October 7, 2012.

Surviving are a son William Proper , a daughter Sabrina Fross of Austin, TX and a grandson Zachary Proper of Oil City. Also surviving are 4 brothers Robert, Arnold, George and Alfred McDonald all of Oil City, 3 sisters Carolyn Richie of Reno, Helen Chapel of Rouseville and Joann Chapel of Orange County, CA and a half-sister Betty Beddard.

She was preceded in death by her parents, her first husband, a sister Mary Lou Sharp and two brothers John and Edward McDonald.

Friends will be received in the Huff Funeral Home and Cremation Services Inc., 312 W. Park St. from 2-4 & 6-8 p.m. Thursday. There will be a vigil service at 3:30 p.m.

A funeral mass will be celebrated at St. Patrick Church, 949 Liberty Street, Franklin at 11 a.m. Friday with Monsignor John J. Herbein presiding.

Interment will follow in St. Patrick Cemetery.

Memorial donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, 320 Bilmar Dr., Pittsburgh PA 15205-4620 or St. Patrick Church, 949 Liberty St., Franklin PA 16323. "

Life Legacy

George A. Fross, 69, of 1190 Polk Cut-Off, Franklin died at his home on Sunday October 7, 2012.

A son of George and Ethel Hazard Fross he was born in Glenshaw on October 29, 1942.

He was graduate of A-C Valley High School and received his associate degree from Edinboro University.

Mr. Fross had been employed as a board panelist at Joy.

A veteran of the U.S. Army he served from 1961 to 1964.

He was a member of St. Patrick Church. George had been a member of the Franklin Elks Lodge. He was a perfectionist with his home repairs and woodworking. He enjoyed golfing, fishing and in his earlier years hunting. He had taken up bike riding after his retirement and had cycled many miles. He and Dorothy treasured their time at Myrtle Beach and dancing. He was a family man and enjoyed the times spent with them.

On February 4, 1967 he married the former Deanna Pennington; she died November 17, 1982. He married Dorothy McDonald Proper on July 7, 1984 she died with him on October 7, 2012.

Surviving are a daughter Sabrina M. Fross of Austin, TX, a son William Proper and a grandson Zachary Proper. Also surviving are a sister Dolores Gallagher and her husband James of Grove City; two nephews James and Joseph Gallagher and a niece Kathleen Cline.

He was preceded in death by his parents, his first wife and a half-sister Opal M. Wethington.

Friends will be received in the Huff Funeral Home and Cremation Services Inc., 312 W. Park St. from 2-4 & 6-8 p.m. Thursday. There will be a vigil service at 3:30 p.m.

A funeral mass will be celebrated at St. Patrick Church, 949 Liberty Street, Franklin at 11 a.m. Friday with Monsignor John J. Herbein presiding.

Interment will follow in St. Patrick Cemetery.

http://www.hufffuneral.com/sitemaker...er=762118Fross

http://www.hufffuneral.com/sitemaker...er=762115Fross
    Last edited by snowfallsoon; 10-31-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Interesting comment from prison-mate on that article brumby posted
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Interesting comment from prison-mate on that article brumby posted
    Yes, I noticed that. Sounds like there was some abuse, which makes more sense than him lashing out about them calling his mother a whore.

Either way, it's a sad end to a sad story.

Thread Information