Thread: What determines when 'new' deaths are posted on MDS?

What determines when 'new' deaths are posted on MDS?

OK, this info is probably on here somewhere, but nothing came up in search. How does the info about a death get to MDS? Some deaths get posted within a day or two and others are a year or more after they happen.

Re: What determines when 'new' deaths are posted on MDS?

[quote author=CaliforniaPlaya link=topic=792.msg28859#msg28859 date=1155544538]
    OK, this info is probably on here somewhere, but nothing came up in search. How does the info about a death get to MDS? Some deaths get posted within a day or two and others are a year or more after they happen.
    [/quote]

I think it's on an "as submitted" basis, which is why some are instant and others lag (and some appear more than once, and yet others are 'faked').Â* Either that or there's someÂ* sort of mysterious formula you'd have to attain a master's degree to understand.

-or- maybe people are just finding out about mydeathspace, and post their friend that died a "year ago" or something 
    Breathe Me

[quote author=skank*da*fied link=topic=792.msg28863#msg28863 date=1155547009]
    -or- maybe people are just finding out about mydeathspace, and post their friend that died a "year ago" or somethingÂ*
    [/quote]

Oh yeah... that too.  Thanks for the assist.

;)
    Breathe Me

So they're all submitted then? MDS doesn't post a death without a refereal?

[quote author=skank*da*fied link=topic=792.msg28863#msg28863 date=1155547009]
    -or- maybe people are just finding out about mydeathspace, and post their friend that died a "year ago" or somethingÂ*
    [/quote]

I think that could be it :lol:

[quote author=Scorpiomoon link=topic=792.msg28861#msg28861 date=1155546444]
    [/quote]

I think it's on an "as submitted" basis, which is why some are instant and others lag (and some appear more than once, and yet others are 'faked').Â* Either that or there's someÂ* sort of mysterious formula you'd have to attain a master's degree to understand.
    [/quote]

There are no doubles on here. Find one, I dare you.

[/quote]

I determine what deaths get posted. There is no formula. I don't have the time to post them all so I randomly pick a submission email and update the site. Recent deaths are usually posted more often than the older deaths and more "interesting" deaths win out over more "boring" deaths.

what is considered a boring death, i thought all would be posted since they had a myspace

[quote author=Smallville78 link=topic=792.msg29489#msg29489 date=1155607326]
    what is considered a boring death, i thought all would be posted since they had a myspace
    [/quote]

All deaths WILL be posted. However, when I posted 15 or 20 automobile accidents in a row, people start emailing and tell me to stop posting "boring deaths".

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=792.msg29361#msg29361 date=1155589188]
    [quote author=Scorpiomoon link=topic=792.msg28861#msg28861 date=1155546444]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

There are no doubles on here. Find one, I dare you.
    [/quote]

...OOPS!Â* I think the notion errantly entered my mind due to some comments on one particular profile (cannot rememeber the name and number, but it was the woman who died while having sex in her car in her garage).Â* Someone had stated that they had seen it on the site before.Â* I foolishly took it as a gospel truth.Â* Mea culpa, mea culpa! :-)

Personally, I think it's all rigged and a total clique. MDS is the "Cool Table" that only few get to sit at, albeit dead; Tribute Pages are all of those annoying drama kids who know the entire score and libretto of "Les Miz", etc. and are always hyper; no mention at all - with your friends (MySpace's Tom) still posting and sending you email once you've gone on to that desk/chair/computer in the sky, well, those are the losers/loners/stoners, etc.

Damn! Death IS like high school!

-S. ;-)
    Go and make me proud! Or at least less ashamed ...

[quote author=Simone link=topic=792.msg32061#msg32061 date=1155950638]
    Personally, I think it's all rigged and a total clique. MDS is the "Cool Table" that only few get to sit at, albeit dead; Tribute Pages are all of those annoying drama kids who know the entire score and libretto of "Les Miz", etc. and are always hyper; no mention at all - with your friends (MySpace's Tom) still posting and sending you email once you've gone on to that desk/chair/computer in the sky, well, those are the losers/loners/stoners, etc.

Damn! Death IS like high school!

-S. ;-)
    [/quote]

this is so true.
    meep

Thread Information