Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chase Allan (25) shot and killed by Farmington, Utah police on 3/1/23

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Chase Allan (25) shot and killed by Farmington, Utah police on 3/1/23

https://www.ksl.com/article/50591878...newalling-them

The family of Chase Allan ? a 25-year-old man who was shot and killed by Farmington police officers Wednesday ? expressed frustration as they say police will not give them information.

"We have learned more from media coverage about what occurred than anywhere else right now," the Allan family said in a statement late Thursday. "Police are stonewalling us."

"Officers claim it was a routine traffic stop, yet the officer requested multiple other officers to the scene a couple blocks prior to the stop," family members said. "This resulted in the brutal murder of Chase at the hands of five Farmington police officers, with them shooting him while he was still in his automobile and likely terrified for his safety."

Farmington police said an officer stopped a car without a license plate at 3:22 p.m. Wednesday near the Farmington post office. Police said the driver became "noncompliant," causing the officer to request backup.

A "confrontation" ensued, police said, but they have not provided additional details, including whether the man had a weapon or what specifically prompted officers to fire their weapons. The police department has said it will release additional details after the investigation is complete.

"During an attempt to remove the driver from the vehicle, shots were fired and the driver was injured," Farmington police said in a statement late Wednesday. "The driver was removed from the vehicle and medical aid was rendered by officers on scene."

Allan was then taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead later Wednesday.

The family said the officers shot 12-plus rounds at Allan while he was in the car with the engine still running and the lights on.

Photos from the area of the post office on Wednesday showed a vehicle with multiple bullet holes through the windows.

Family members described Allan as "a gracious, loving soul who was known by everyone in his community to be caring, thoughtful, and kind and would do anything for someone in need. ... He was always selflessly helping and protecting others in need."

Allan played soccer at UC Davis and Utah State University ? where he received his degree ? and he was studying law the past few years, the family said. He lived at home with his parents in Farmington.

"Our family has not been permitted to see Chase and has not been contacted by authorities or justice departments with information surrounding this investigation," the family's statement says. "Our family was not properly notified of Chase's death as next of kin. We found out about Chase's death along with the entirety of our community via news reporters and articles written online."

Farmington Police Chief Eric Johnsen said there are some inaccuracies, or misperceptions in the family's statement.

"We have been working diligently to collect the facts," Johnsen said. He said the police department will release body camera footage and more details on the investigation soon. "I appreciate your patience, we want to do this right and accurately."
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/chase.allan.71

Here is the full statement from his family posted on FB:

Chase Linde Allan was a gracious, loving soul who was known by everyone in his community to be caring, thoughtful, and kind and would do anything for someone in need. He attended school in Davis County at Eagle Bay Elementary, Farmington Junior High and Davis High School. Although he had a shy and quiet demeanor, he was able to make quick friends who cared about Chase deeply and will remember him fondly. Chase graduated from Davis High School in 2016 where he played soccer earning varsity letters and at the Real Salt Lake Academy. Chase would then pursue higher education and went on to play soccer at UC Davis and Utah State University.

He was 25 years old and had graduated from Utah State University. He was always selflessly helping and protecting others in need. He has been studying law the last few years and was a patriot doing what he could to defend the people’s freedom and liberty in his community.

The devastating and tragic death of Chase Linde Allan quite literally hits home as his young life was taken from him on Wednesday March 1st, 2023, in the parking lot of our local Farmington City Post Office. Chase was a son, brother, grandson, nephew, peer, teammate, student, and neighbor amongst many other important roles he played within our community.

We have learned more from media coverage about what occurred than anywhere else right now. Officers claim it was a routine traffic stop, yet the officer requested multiple other officers to the scene a couple blocks prior to the stop. This resulted in the brutal murder of Chase at the hands of 5 Farmington Police officers, with them shooting him while he was still in his automobile and likely terrified for his safety. They shot 12 plus rounds at him while he was still inside the car with the engine running and lights on when reporters arrived.

Police are stonewalling us. Our family has not been permitted to see Chase and has not been contacted by authorities or justice departments with information surrounding this investigation. Chase lived at home with his parents in Farmington. Our family was not properly notified of Chase’s death as next of kin. We found out about Chase’s death along with the entirety of our community via News Reporters and Articles written online.
    Sister: https://www.facebook.com/courtney.al...OTY3ODczNTk%3D
    Mother: https://www.facebook.com/diane.allan...OTAwNTYzODM%3D

He was a good looking kid. Law student, soccer player.

I wonder what happened. The article said the victim "was shot while attempting to get him out of the car" I dont get it. I guess they ordered him to get out, and he didnt. They will argue he was reaching for something, and because he had tinted windows, they couldnt make out what it was.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Okay I got some more info from reading some places...he didnt have a license plate and was "non compliant". He obviously didnt have a weapon because we would have heard about it by now.

It cant be legal to shoot someone through the window when they dont get out of the car. It was 5 armed cops, 1 young man in the car. Im seeing comments from people saying "he should have complied" really bitch? He deserved to die for that?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Okay I got some more info from reading some places...he didnt have a license plate and was "non compliant". He obviously didnt have a weapon because we would have heard about it by now.

It cant be legal to shoot someone through the window when they dont get out of the car. It was 5 armed cops, 1 young man in the car. Im seeing comments from people saying "he should have complied" really bitch? He deserved to die for that?
    Yeah, it is really scary to think that his noncompliance led to being murdered by five policemen/women.

This is interesting; it could be that he was scared to exit the car due to his mom's history with the department.

Mother of man killed by Farmington police has history with department

The mother of a man shot and killed by police in Farmington this week had sued the Farmington Police Department over a traffic stop of her own.

Chase Allan, 25, was killed Wednesday near the Farmington post office. According to police, Allan was pulled over for not having a license plate.

They have not said whether he was armed.

Allan’s mother, Diane Allan, sued the Farmington Police Department over a traffic stop in April.

The mother of a man shot and killed in Farmington filed a lawsuit against police in the fall of 2022. (Becky Bruce/KSL NewsRadio)

According to court records, Diane Allan said the police had no right to conduct that traffic stop. Documents filed in federal court show Diane Allan believes Farmington’s rules don’t apply to her as an independent resident of the state of Utah.

Allan represented herself in filing the lawsuit.

As “one of the sovereign people of Utah,” driving her own vehicle in Farmington, Allan argued she had an “inherent right” to “access the public roads without her Liberty restrained,” she wrote in the suit.

Allan claims those rights were violated on April 7, 2022, when police pulled her over. KSL found the citation filed in Utah’s justice courts alleging Allan did not have a license with her as she drove on an expired registration.

While the police officers who stopped her cited the expired registration as the reason for the traffic stop, Allan disputed that reasoning.

“Defendants wrongfully claim to have the right to enforce traffic codes in the face of Plaintiff’s Constitutional Rights,” Allan wrote.

Allan’s lawsuit describes her refusal to provide her license, registration, or insurance information to the police. She describes one of the officers as throwing “the paper citation through Plaintiff’s window” before walking away.

Later, she described going to the Farmington Police Department along with her son to hand-deliver what she called “the Rescissioned citation.”

“A few hours later Plaintiff went to the FARMINGTON CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT with a witness, (Chase Allan) and hand delivered the Rescissioned citation,” Allan wrote. “DEFENDANT LT ERIC JOHNSEN came out to the lobby and asked how he could help plaintiff.”

Police identified Chase Allan as the man shot and killed Wednesday outside the Farmington post office.

Diane Allan went on to describe a verbal confrontation with Johnsen. She alleged he crumped her citation up and threw it in the trash as she watched.

Johnsen, now the Farmington police chief, was a lieutenant at the time of Diane Allan’s traffic stop. She also named him along with several other individuals in the police department. She also named the city, the court system, and the Davis County Attorney.

“DEFENDANT JOHNSEN then stated that if Plaintiff didn’t register her vehicle it would be impounded. The witness then stated ‘that’s a threat’ to which DEFENDANT JOHNSON [sic] replied ‘no, it’s a promise, it’s a promise’.”

Allan claimed that Johnsen’s statement, warning her car could be impounded, amounted to “a declaration of war against Plaintiff,” according to the lawsuit. “Plaintiff notified DEFENDANT JOHNSEN that she had come into the department to resolve this matter peaceably.”

Once the citations went to Utah’s justice court system, Allan alleges the prosecutor never responded to her motion to dismiss the case. She also claims the official court record contains perjury. Namely, by indicating she “refused to sign” the citations, arguing no one asked her to sign anything. Additionally, she claims the court does not have jurisdiction in her case.

The federal government has filed multiple motions to dismiss the case, which Allan has appealed in motions of her own. As of March 3, 2023, it remained open.
    https://kslnewsradio.com/1991125/mot...h-same-police/

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Because police think that they don't need to be threatened anymore to just kill people. Just not listening to them is enough of a reason these days.

White kid. Watch all of the white people all of a sudden care about police brutality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

As “one of the sovereign people of Utah,”
    I am eye-rolling hard at this.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I am eye-rolling hard at this.
    Yeah the mom sounds annoying.

So basically, the family is cuckoo.
    Chase must also think he's a sovereign citizen since he didn't have a license plate.
    It was wrong to kill him.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the cops say they were scared that he was going to run them over and that's why they shot at him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    So basically, the family is cuckoo.
    Chase must also think he's a sovereign citizen since he didn't have a license plate.
    It was wrong to kill him.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the cops say they were scared that he was going to run them over and that's why they shot at him.
    That's exactly what they'll say. If only there were a way to just let him drive off and track him by helicopter or engage him later on when he's not in his car.......

That's exactly what they'll say. If only there were a way to just let him drive off and track him by helicopter or engage him later on when he's not in his car.......
    Yep his car was still running, so thats what they will say. I just dont get how they shot him while trying to get him out of the car.

They have released bodycam of the shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    They have released bodycam of the shooting.

I was right, they think he had a gun. Im guessing thats why they yelled "gun"

That video is straight up disturbing. Watching him murdered and them cuffing a dead person.

How could he reach for a gun with a cell phone in his hand?
    Last edited by Angiebla; 03-09-2023 at 06:27 AM.

I was right, they think he had a gun. Im guessing thats why they yelled "gun"

That video is straight up disturbing. Watching him murdered and them cuffing a dead person.

How could he reach for a gun with a cell phone in his hand?
    Those are my thoughts exactly. Seeing them yell, "Show us your hands" after they shot him 12 times. He was dead before they drug him from the car, put him face down and handcuffed him.

Those are my thoughts exactly. Seeing them yell, "Show us your hands" after they shot him 12 times. He was dead before they drug him from the car, put him face down and handcuffed him.
    I really wish I could tell what Chase was saying in the video. Why would he say the passport was fake? I dont think he was completely innocent, as he was being annoying when the cop asked for ID, but he did not reach for a gun and they overreacted.

Also a lot of cops were shooting at one time, im surprised it was only 12 shots.

I really wish I could tell what Chase was saying in the video. Why would he say the passport was fake? I dont think he was completely innocent, as he was being annoying when the cop asked for ID, but he did not reach for a gun and they overreacted.
    Right...definitely not completely innocent. I suspect if he had just complied, like we all have to do, none of this wouldn't have happened. It seems his mother/family influence about being part of a sovereign state in Utah, coupled with his mother's past experiences with the police department, didn't help matters.

Ugh wtf i just watched a video where there was a holster in chase and a gun on the floor????

Ugh wtf i just watched a video where there was a holster in chase and a gun on the floor????
    Did he have a holster on or was the gun/holster on the floor? I think I saw a gun, but I can't be sure.

Did he have a holster on or was the gun/holster on the floor? I think I saw a gun, but I can't be sure.
    The holster was on his hip and gun on the floor.

Wow!!!

The fucking cop complaining that his gun jammed.

I'm SO FUCKING HAPPY that I'm gone from the country. I'm sick and tired of cops thinking they can murder anyone they want.

The fucking cop complaining that his gun jammed.

I'm SO FUCKING HAPPY that I'm gone from the country. I'm sick and tired of cops thinking they can murder anyone they want.
    He did have a gun though....

Thread Information