Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassidy Goodison (14) strangled her newborn baby

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Ummm, she pried a rather large baby out of her tiny frame with a pair of scissors, smothered it, pommeled it about the head a bit, hid the corpse in her dirty laundry and left it there for 3 days? This is not the behavior of a mentally sound person. Her maturity is a factor, without a doubt, but does being 14 make these decisions any less... crazy? stupid? illogical?
    no. not at all. but in that article this stuck out to me: pregnancy crisis centers

According to the National Abortion Federation, such centers exist all over the country, presenting themselves as medical clinics when in fact they exist to discourage women from having abortions. If she did contact a crisis center, like for instance, Options for Women, she might have been confronted with the anti-choice rhetoric evident in the section of the clinic’s website that describes Post Abortion Syndrome.

This fact sheet cites these statistics for women who have undergone an abortion: 61% report feeling guilty, 28% attempt suicide, 53% experience depression, and 45% feel anger and remorse. There’s also a quiz on the same page with a series of 14 questions, followed by the statement, “If you answered ‘Yes’ to two or more of the above questions you are at HIGH RISK for experiencing Post-Abortion Syndrome. (Their caps) “Are you 18 or younger?” and “Is having an abortion a difficult decision for you?” are among those 14. Given the reaction Cassidy had to the birth of her baby, she was likely under extreme duress, and is, of course, younger than 18. If those aren’t scare tactics what are?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

It's irresponsible to NOT have women think about the choice before they go through with it.
    It doesn't make an organization anti-choice to present or encourage alternative solutions. Either a woman will have made her mind-- at which point no amount of dialogue will change her mind-- or if she isn't fully decided, she should be offered information, and encouraged to explore all options, in order to feel confident she is making the best decision.

If this was kind of gal that would PRY HER CHILD OUT WITH SCISSORS, SMOTHER IT, BEAT IT ABOUT THE HEAD, AND HIDE IT IN HER DIRTY LAUNDRY FOR THREE DAYS, I doubt she would be prone to being guilted into steering away from an abortion with a questionnaire.

Ummm, she pried a rather large baby out of her tiny frame with a pair of scissors, smothered it, pommeled it about the head a bit, hid the corpse in her dirty laundry and left it there for 3 days? This is not the behavior of a mentally sound person. Her maturity is a factor, without a doubt, but does being 14 make these decisions any less... crazy? stupid? illogical?
    Yeah, I once hid a bag of cheetos in my dresser and got ants when I was about 12. LESSON LEARNED.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Yeah, I once hid a bag of cheetos in my dresser and got ants when I was about 12. LESSON LEARNED.
    the comparison of dead babies to cheetos did horrible things to my mind!

but yeah, how could she think that her mom finding a dead baby in her room would affect their relationship less than telling her she was pregnant??? way to think that one through.

people who stash dead babies in or around their homes really confuse me.

Not same cat.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    the comparison of dead babies to cheetos did horrible things to my mind!

but yeah, how could she think that her mom finding a dead baby in her room would affect their relationship less than telling her she was pregnant??? way to think that one through.

people who stash dead babies in or around their homes really confuse me.
    People who find dead full term babies in the laundry, put them in the sink, and call a relative confuse me.

It's irresponsible to NOT have women think about the choice before they go through with it.
    It doesn't make an organization anti-choice to present or encourage alternative solutions. Either a woman will have made her mind-- at which point no amount of dialogue will change her mind-- or if she isn't fully decided, she should be offered information, and encouraged to explore all options, in order to feel confident she is making the best decision.

If this was kind of gal that would PRY HER CHILD OUT WITH SCISSORS, SMOTHER IT, BEAT IT ABOUT THE HEAD, AND HIDE IT IN HER DIRTY LAUNDRY FOR THREE DAYS, I doubt she would be prone to being guilted into steering away from an abortion with a questionnaire.
    To be fair, she didn't beat it about the head. She stabbed him in the head with the scissors while trying to get him out.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    To be fair, she didn't beat it about the head. She stabbed him in the head with the scissors while trying to get him out.

Jesus Christ. Fuck her being scared, fuck her being a kid. This is fucking horrible.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I don't know if she meant to stab the baby, she slashed her own vaginal wall 4 or 5 times as well. The baby wasn't coming out and she was trying to pry him out.
    But ya it's pretty horrible.

And induced blunt force trauma.

I don't know if she meant to stab the baby, she slashed her own vaginal wall 4 or 5 times as well. The baby wasn't coming out and she was trying to pry him out.
    But ya it's pretty horrible.

how does someone do this AND THEN go about their fucking day. what kind of fucking adrenaline rush can be going on in order to get someone through the pain. Was she on PCP or something?

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I'd say yes.
    Me too

It's called shock. Imagine being a 14 year old 100 lb child who hasn't come to terms with being pregnant and having a nine pound baby stuck in your birth canal. Holy shit! It doesn't seem as if she had any amount of trust in her parents. I still say she's not completely culpable. Not first degree murder culpable AT ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by irishkat View Post
    It's called shock. Imagine being a 14 year old 100 lb child who hasn't come to terms with being pregnant and having a nine pound baby stuck in your birth canal. Holy shit! It doesn't seem as if she had any amount of trust in her parents. I still say she's not completely culpable. Not first degree murder culpable AT ALL!
    This is so insane. I'm just over 6' tall and my daughter was 8 lbs and I was pretty sure I was gonna die giving birth w. An epidural. Hell. No.

But yeah why did she stash it? And oh lands I cannot imagine pregnancy / postpartum hormones ON TOP OF puberty hormones.
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Member Keann Scissorhands Powley's Avatar
    How did she mask her screams? If her mom was in the house how did she not hear her? I gave birth to my daughter at 6 months and she was tiny! I couldn't imagine giving birth to a 9 pound baby in my bathroom, having it get stuck and not screaming, all the while I am doing an Edward scissor hands to my vagina walls. I don't understand unless their house was huge.

I just think it's incredibly sad that this child apparently didn't have one adult in her life that was looking out for her. No one to notice that "somethings going on with Cassidy" No one to realize she had a boyfriend (or was being molested, whichever) no one to realize she was preggers. We don't think she's old enough to drive, to drink, to vote, to go on a freking field trip without parental consent, but she's old enough to be held liable (at the same level as an adult would be) for doing a stupid, panicked boneheaded move that anyone who was thinking clearly had to know wouldn't work.

I think she should go away to some place where she can learn how to deal with her body and to make rational decisions about her future. I don't say she should walk away free and clear, but I doubt that's going to be possible no matter what the law does to her. I also think that her parents ought to go to jail for neglect.

If a 14 year old is responsible for making good decisions for her baby, her 30+ year old parents ought to be held to the same standard. Take care of your kid!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Keann, they lived in a trailor.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I just think it's incredibly sad that this child apparently didn't have one adult in her life that was looking out for her. No one to notice that "somethings going on with Cassidy" No one to realize she had a boyfriend (or was being molested, whichever) no one to realize she was preggers. We don't think she's old enough to drive, to drink, to vote, to go on a freking field trip without parental consent, but she's old enough to be held liable (at the same level as an adult would be) for doing a stupid, panicked boneheaded move that anyone who was thinking clearly had to know wouldn't work.

I think she should go away to some place where she can learn how to deal with her body and to make rational decisions about her future. I don't say she should walk away free and clear, but I doubt that's going to be possible no matter what the law does to her. I also think that her parents ought to go to jail for neglect.

If a 14 year old is responsible for making good decisions for her baby, her 30+ year old parents ought to be held to the same standard. Take care of your kid!
    it's a little more a than a stupid panicked boneheaded move. also, she had 9 months to figure out a plan that didn't involved murder. how can anyone try to use the excuse of panicking when they had almost a year to prepare?

it's a little more a than a stupid panicked boneheaded move. also, she had 9 months to figure out a plan that didn't involved murder. how can anyone try to use the excuse of panicking when they had almost a year to prepare?
    I bet this girl had no idea she was pregnant until probably her third trimester. Plenty of girls don't get their periods until they are 13 or 14, and they're ALWAYS irregular when they first start. Usually your period doesn't really get on a track until you start birth control, which she certainly wasn't. And she clearly knew nothing about sex ed.

she wore bulky clothing and blankets around the house and then gave birth to a 9 pound baby... she knew she was pregnant.

She knew she was getting fat maybe...

And it's the same people that didn't notice she was pregnant that are now saying she hid under a blanket. They didn't pay a damn bit of attention to the kid so I'll take their self serving statements with a grain of salt. I'm not making excuses for her, but I believe she's almost as much a victim as her poor baby was.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

She bit down on a towel or something to muffle her screams but I still don't know how they didn't know something was up.

You don't start showing until you're 4 or 5 months, usually. So I doubt she was completely aware until then. Not that I don't think what she did was heinous and horrible, but I think it's very plausible that she wasn't aware she was pregnant until it would have been too late anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatality View Post
    She bit down on a towel or something to muffle her screams but I still don't know how they didn't know something was up.
    Yes she did this for two hours, in the bathroom, with the water running, with her mother in the same trailer.

Thread Information