Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassidy Goodison (14) strangled her newborn baby

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatality View Post
    No way, she doesnt look mean. She doesnt necessarily look like a little angel but she does look like a baby.
    And this is why we have juries.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    And this is why we have juries.
    lol I could see us all arguing while deliberating. I'd definitley pout and stick my tongue out at you, Ron.

lol I could see us all arguing while deliberating. I'd definitley pout and stick my tongue out at you, Ron.
    And I think the way people can argue on looks alone is fascinating. How are you with voir dire, my dear?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    And I think the way people can argue on looks alone is fascinating. How are you with voir dire, my dear?
    Do you know our voir dire here is almost nonexistant? Well, if it is a murder charge, you get to do a little more of it, but basically it's just the judges asking the form questions and then any questions that the lawyer submits to the judge. It is very disappointing.

Do you know our voir dire here is almost nonexistant? Well, if it is a murder charge, you get to do a little more of it, but basically it's just the judges asking the form questions and then any questions that the lawyer submits to the judge. It is very disappointing.
    Oops. I thought that was French for hand job.

have to say, this is pretty disappointing for me too.

Actually she doesn't look scared. She looks ... blank to me.

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    Agreed. And surely they prescribed some kind of painkiller for the whole . . . lacerated insides thing.

It's weird/sad that her parents weren't there in court. I wonder what kind of relationship they had before all this, like did they have a shit relationship that was bad enough to make her scared about what they would do if they found out. Or was it the opposite -- they had a great relationship and she couldn't handle disappointing them?

Neither would justify her behavior, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

This is what I was thinking. No emotion whatsoever.

It's going to be a combo of nature and nurture. I'm sure her home life is fucked up. But if I had a secret baby at 14, I wouldn't strangle it.

This is what I was thinking. No emotion whatsoever.

It's going to be a combo of nature and nurture. I'm sure her home life is fucked up. But if I had a secret baby at 14, I wouldn't strangle it.
    this sums up so many of these situations perfectly. child murderers often gain sympathy because of their age. everyone puts extra effort into trying to find a way to get them the help they need or allow their little brains to mature and then give them another chance. but the plain and simple fact is that most people go their whole entire lives without even killing one single person! if i can live my life from start to finish like everybody else without murdering anything, i think we all have the right to expect that from the youngsters out there.

you have to have something drastically wrong with you to even consider killing as an option when there at least 1 other that doesn't involve murder. i wouldn't have killed a baby at age 14 under any circumstance, just as i wouldn't have done it at age 2, 6 or 11 and probably won't 10 years from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I didn't even like to kill spiders when I was little.

I didn't even like to kill spiders when I was little.
    me neither. i still won't, but i have no problem now if someone else does (as long as it's quick...). killing an animal with my car would really mess up my world for a while and i probably wouldn't be able to live with myself if i accidentally killed anyone.

i'd be curious to know if anyone on MDS has ever killed anyone. 'cause my guess is no.

I can't quote but as far as discussing reproductive issues with minors, it varies from state to state and whether the parent is with the child.
    I prepped a 16yr old for tonsil surgery. She peed in a cup for a pregnancy test, in order to be cleared for X-ray. She was apprehensive about peeing in the cup, but for some reason I though she was trying to hide weed use or something.
    Anyway, her fucking result came back positive. Since her mom was with her, as her legal guardian, we had to tell the mother directly. OMG, all fucking hell broke loose and she was basically dragged out of there by her hair.
    She was back in a week for an abortion.

I have sympathy for her, somewhat, but she's going to have to face what she did and learn the hard way, that there was about 300 different routes she could've taken. I would have never even imagined doing anything like that. And as hard it would have been I'm positive I would've told my mom.

In fact, when I was about 8. I thought you got pregnant from loving someone and kissing. Anyways I swore I loved a classmate named George and he kissed me (on the cheek) a few times in the courtyard @school. Omg I thought I was pregnant. I would look in the mirror and stick out my belly and think "how will I tell my parents". Lol. I decided that I should make sure about it before I told my parents. I schools friend @ school about pregnancy and they told me the birds and bees.... Needless to say, I knew I was NOT pregnant at that point.

I asked a friend at school...

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    I can't quote but as far as discussing reproductive issues with minors, it varies from state to state and whether the parent is with the child.
    I prepped a 16yr old for tonsil surgery. She peed in a cup for a pregnancy test, in order to be cleared for X-ray. She was apprehensive about peeing in the cup, but for some reason I though she was trying to hide weed use or something.
    Anyway, her fucking result came back positive. Since her mom was with her, as her legal guardian, we had to tell the mother directly. OMG, all fucking hell broke loose and she was basically dragged out of there by her hair.
    She was back in a week for an abortion.

I have sympathy for her, somewhat, but she's going to have to face what she did and learn the hard way, that there was about 300 different routes she could've taken. I would have never even imagined doing anything like that. And as hard it would have been I'm positive I would've told my mom.

In fact, when I was about 8. I thought you got pregnant from loving someone and kissing. Anyways I swore I loved a classmate named George and he kissed me (on the cheek) a few times in the courtyard @school. Omg I thought I was pregnant. I would look in the mirror and stick out my belly and think "how will I tell my parents". Lol. I decided that I should make sure about it before I told my parents. I schools friend @ school about pregnancy and they told me the birds and bees.... Needless to say, I knew I was NOT pregnant at that point.
    now i'm understanding maybe why there's so much hatred out there for school programs about sexual health. if you teach kids about their options, they just may take care of business on their own and the parents may be none the wiser!

i had an abortion when i was 15. and to this day, i swear it's the smartest decision i ever made... i got knocked up literally, the first time i ever had sex. it was by a 'cool kid' at school, who was an abusive ass-hole in a relationship. luckily, i had friends who urged me to go get birth control pills, found out i was pregnant right away at the free clinic and had people around who walked me through the process. all of this without my mother knowing anything about it.

since then i have always been very careful and conscious about getting preggers. 15 years later and still no babies... if i had gone through with a pregnancy at that age, i don't know where i'd be, but i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a good place!

at the high school i teach at, they have sex ed in 12th grade. fucking ridiculous and stupid.

at the high school i teach at, they have sex ed in 12th grade. fucking ridiculous and stupid.
    case in point. wouldn't have helped me. not one bit. by 12th grade, life had already taught me that lesson.

case in point. wouldn't have helped me. not one bit. by 12th grade, life had already taught me that lesson.
    exactly, the other day i told the seniors that by the 12th grade they could have like 2 or 3 kids. they almost died laughing. 5 years teaching at this school and there hasnt been one visibly pregnant student. i had a boy transfer schools and then later i heard he had a child, other than that, im pretty sure most sexually active kids in my school are using condoms, BC, morning after pill or have an abortion.

my friend in high school had two abortions. she later went on to have 3 children as an adult.

exactly, the other day i told the seniors that by the 12th grade they could have like 2 or 3 kids. they almost died laughing. 5 years teaching at this school and there hasnt been one visibly pregnant student. i had a boy transfer schools and then later i heard he had a child, other than that, im pretty sure most sexually active kids in my school are using condoms, BC, morning after pill or have an abortion.

my friend in high school had two abortions. she later went on to have 3 children as an adult.
    some people never learn... most of the girls i knew had multiple abortions and then multiple children, so yeah. there's that.

"Is Cassidy Goodson a Victim of Florida's Backward Sex-Ed Curriculum?"

http://m.xojane.com/issues/cassidy-g...-ed-curriculum

"Is Cassidy Goodson a Victim of Florida's Backward Sex-Ed Curriculum?"

http://m.xojane.com/issues/cassidy-g...-ed-curriculum
    I'd say yes.

wtf is up with this picture? the caption on it reads: one of these things is not like the other...

clever as it may be, it rubs me wrong.

wtf is up with this picture? the caption on it reads: one of these things is not like the other...

clever as it may be, it rubs me wrong.
    Yikes!

i was looking at that photo and i thought, 'is she wearing a promise ring?'

it's hard for me to articulate this, but how sweet would it be if both sides could just work together? you know, like, a group of virgins, went to work/volunteer at planned parenthood and counseled all the people on the benefits of abstinence and birth control? if they provided counseling for people considering having sex, but also provided condoms on the way out...

i know it's dumb, that's what PP SHOULD be doing anyway, but hasn't, in my experience. it just seems like if they set up a 'virgin task force' of sorts, to really insure that both sides are being addressed, it would be a more effective system over-all and there would be less animosity across the board.

Ummm, she pried a rather large baby out of her tiny frame with a pair of scissors, smothered it, pommeled it about the head a bit, hid the corpse in her dirty laundry and left it there for 3 days? This is not the behavior of a mentally sound person. Her maturity is a factor, without a doubt, but does being 14 make these decisions any less... crazy? stupid? illogical?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Ummm, she pried a rather large baby out of her tiny frame with a pair of scissors, smothered it, pommeled it about the head a bit, hid the corpse in her dirty laundry and left it there for 3 days? This is not the behavior of a mentally sound person. Her maturity is a factor, without a doubt, but does being 14 make these decisions any less... crazy? stupid? illogical?
    But she looks so scared!

Thread Information