Thread: Russian Tourist killed while riding in inflatable 'Zorb'

Russian Tourist killed while riding in inflatable 'Zorb'

Toronto Sun - January 9th, 2013 - A ride down a ski slope in a plastic ball turned fatal for one Russian tourist.

Denis Burakov, 27, and Vladimir Shcherbov, 33, each paid less than $10 to get inside the three-metre balloon, called a zorb, and travel a short course at the Dombay ski resort in southern Russia, Russia Today reported.

A video, taken by a friend of Burakov, shows the zorb bounce off a plowed track and employees running to stop the zorb before it bounds down a steep cliff, over a rock face and plunges into a creek.

Both men were alive when rescue crews reached them, Russia Today reported. Burakov died en route to hospital, the English-language paper said, and Shcherbov suffered a concussion as well as other minor injuries and is expected to survive.

A criminal investigation has been launched.
    There's even a video of the accident.

Crazy! Can't say I'm in a hurry to give one of these a try.

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

Sorry - here's the link to the original story I quoted.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/09...-down-ski-hill

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

Where is the video??

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I would ride in one of those. As long as it wasn't near any cliffs. As a kid, all we had were tractor tires and 55 gallon drums.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Where is the video??
    Scroll down the page a tad.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

See video here.

Shmanks, kids.

Wow, that sucks.

I can't even imagine what those poor guys were thinking as the ball took off. I doubt they even knew it was on such a dangerous course. The video shows that ball bouncing pretty good near the end, so I'm guessing the poor guys had to know by then.

A day of fun gone terribly wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I would ride in one of those. As long as it wasn't near any cliffs. As a kid, all we had were tractor tires and 55 gallon drums.
    I agree - I'd have ridden one. It looks like a bad area from the beginning really, no berms (see how I did that???) to keep the ball 'in play'. And it almost looks like one guy at the bottom of the hill pushes the ball off course.

What I don't get - why everyone just stood there, watching. Except for one guy running after the ball and getting bounced into the snow. Near the end everyone seems to wake up and start running, but too late.

But then, would they have been able to help anyways??

Quote Originally Posted by Venus2B View Post
    See video here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I agree - I'd have ridden one. It looks like a bad area from the beginning really, no berms (see how I did that???) to keep the ball 'in play'. And it almost looks like one guy at the bottom of the hill pushes the ball off course.

What I don't get - why everyone just stood there, watching. Except for one guy running after the ball and getting bounced into the snow. Near the end everyone seems to wake up and start running, but too late.

But then, would they have been able to help anyways??
    Appropriate use of berm.

The area does look like a tragedy waiting to happen. I thought the one dude tried to bounce the ball back on course and it went horribly wrong. That dude is probably going through some serious shit right now. He at least tried, though.

The other people were probably in some sort of shock, or thought the ball would bounce back on course. I dunno. It would have been a good idea to have people along the path to bounce the ball back. Well, with berms on each side, too. The dude running towards the end was sad. He was hauling ass to get to the ball.

I think they could have helped, if they were in the right place at the right time. Unfortunately, they weren't.

^^ Agree. And like your use of berm too! Appropriate!!

I probably would have been in shock too. And running through snow is NOT easy. Ever. Ask me. We've gotten 4 feet in the last 2 days here. I'm beat from shovelling.

^^ Agree. And like your use of berm too! Appropriate!!

I probably would have been in shock too. And running through snow is NOT easy. Ever. Ask me. We've gotten 4 feet in the last 2 days here. I'm beat from shovelling.
    Agreed. Bleh! The "S" word! We have some left on the ground from the blizzard, but it's suppose to be 50 degrees by Saturday. Weird ass Ohio weather. But I will take it!

Thread Information