Thread: Meghan Beck (3) died when her dresser tipped over on her

Meghan Beck (3) died when her dresser tipped over on her

Meghan Agnes Beck, 3, the loving daughter of Ralph L. and Kimberly J. (Packard) Beck, died Saturday, December 18 in UMass Medical Center, Worcester.
    Besides her parents she leaves a twin brother, Ryan K. Beck and her older brother, Kyle A. Beck, both of Sterling; maternal grandparents, Ronald and Carol (McGillicuddy) Packard of The Villages, FL, paternal grandparents, Ralph K. and Linda F. (Harvey) Beck of West Townshend, VT; a maternal great grandmother, Virginia (Klink) McGillicuddy of Northboro; paternal great grandparents, Harlan and Lucille Harvey of Albion, NY; and Margaretta Beck of Vancouver, WA, aunts, uncles, great aunts and uncles including, Maureen McGillicuddy of Northboro.
    On the morning of December 18, the worst of all possible things happened to the Beck Family of Sterling, the youngest member, Meghan Agnes Beck, was killed in their home. The culprit was a bureau that had not been secured to the wall.
    Mrs. Beck developed a web site, www.meghanshope.org to alert other parents of this danger, so that other children would be spared the same fate.

Burial:
    Hillside Cemetery
    Sterling
    Worcester County
    Massachusetts, USA

Created by: Barbara Harackiewicz
    Record added: Sep 01, 2011
    Find A Grave Memorial# 75820844
    this blog...

http://lovelightlaughterandchocolate....html?spref=fb
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Ugh! Heart breaking.

On the morning of December 18, the worst of all possible things happened to the Beck Family of Sterling, the youngest member, Meghan Agnes Beck, was killed in their home. The culprit was a bureau that had not been secured to the wall.
    Was this in the obituary????The last part makes it sound like a wacky joke.

Was this in the obituary????The last part makes it sound like a wacky joke.
    It's from findagrave so I don't know if it was from the obit, or if it was something the "find a graver" wrote. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...820844&df=all&
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I read this the other day. It's a strange blog, but this isn't the first story I've read like this. I was a member on a mom forum a few years ago, and there was another active member there who posted as her son lay dead underneath his dresser. She was in a very bad shock, and was actually posting as he was still lying there cold and blue. She was 8.5 months pregnant and couldn't lift the heavy dresser so she had to wait for paramedics to arrive before he could be removed. She had showered and when she didn't hear him running around she walked into his bedroom to find him there, crushed. She posted the entire story, complete with "OMG, what do I do?"s while he was being worked on. It seemed far-fetched but several sleuthing members were able to verify that this had actually played out as she said it did, when she said it did. After that happened, I became slightly depressed for 2-3 days then sent my husband to the store to buy furniture braces to secure everything in sight to wall studs.

^That's ridiculously long, I know. It's been on my mind since I read this blog two days ago.

This is so sad. I was reading her blog with tears in my eyes. I guess I never realized how often accidents like this happened. I am going to make sure everything in all of my family members houses are secured.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Wow, I gotta admit I would never think to have the furniture secured to the wall when my kids were smaller. This is terribly sad.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

This happened to my friend's brother when they were younger and he also passed away. So so sad.

Honestly, you never know. My cousin somehow pulled the giant tv on herself when she was 5. She didn't die or anything but she has facial scars from it. I had a friend whose little sister tripped with a pacifier in her mouth and it managed to rip open the side of her face.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I pulled a bar down on myself cause I was trying to get to the tonic for some odd reason. No scars, but there was broken shit all around me and I remember my folks freaking out.

They only had one kid. My parents were irresponsible fucks.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I read this and then checked everything around the house for tip hazards. Poor baby.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Thread Information