Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Jeffrey Giuliano killed a masked prowler who turned out to be his teenage son

I don't see why the Aunt didn't just call 911 instead of possibly putting her brother in danger. Maybe because he was right next door? But still, she should have called 911.

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    I don't see why the Aunt didn't just call 911 instead of possibly putting her brother in danger. Maybe because he was right next door? But still, she should have called 911.
    Probably because she knew he would respond faster. I bet she called both.

could be she thought it wasn't going be as serious as it was... i can't remember having called the cops for a possibly life threatening incident ever. my m.o. is to investigate - or have the closest man investigate first and then call the cops, usually to report the incident after the fact.

she probably called him and he went to check, hoping to scare the person away. i'll bet he was caught off guard when the guy didn't run and instead advanced at him and he unloaded the clip. the wife and the sister called immediately after hearing the shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Jeffrey Giuliano to give Conn. police teen's phone in mistaken-identity shooting

The lawyer representing a New Fairfield teacher who fatally shot his 15-year-old son says he will give State Police the boy's cellphone and iPod.

New Haven lawyer Eugene Zingaro also said investigators will visit the family's home to examine a computer as they continue to investigate why Tyler Giuliano was outside his aunt's home last month when he was shot, the Connecticut Post reported.

Jeffrey Giuliano went outside with a gun at about 1 a.m. on Sept. 27 after his sister called to say someone was trying to break into her house next door, police said. Authorities say Giuliano saw a person wearing a ski mask holding a shiny object approach him in a threatening manner and shot him.

http://newyork.newsday.com/news/regi...ting-1.4091868

Whoa, that article makes it sound like there wasn't a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    It seems like they are trying to give you the fathers perception of the incident, since it was dark and he was being charged with 'either a gun or knife'. Seems pointless when the kid was found with a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Authorities say Giuliano saw a person wearing a ski mask holding a shiny object approach him in a threatening manner and shot him.

I think he was found with a knife, but, did Giuliano SEE a knife? Or a shiny object??

Better article.

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...od-3930455.php

Zingaro also said Jeffrey Giuliano, who is on leave from his teaching post, will not likely remain out of work for an extended period.

wait a minute there... i thought the body was found still clutching a butcher knife.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I don't know if they said butcher knife but it was said in the initial reports that he was found dead with the knife in his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

911 tapes released in fatal shooting of son

NEW FAIRFIELD -- The wife of the man who fatally shot his adopted son last week was the first to dial police in the frantic moments after the shooting, according to a recording of the call provided by*officials.
    Her voice fraught with concern, Carolyn Giuliano told the dispatcher that her husband had gone next door to check on a disturbance at his sister's house. Moments later, she heard gunshots, she*said.
    The call to 911 came shortly after 1 a.m. on Sept.*27.
    "I don't know. My husband ran next door to his sister's house to help her," she said to the dispatcher. "Send someone*NOW."
    Little new information on the incident emerged from the recording of the calls to 911, but the sense of urgency and emotion in the unfolding tragedy was*palpable.
    "Someone's been shot. They were trying to break into my house and I called my brother next door," Alexis Scocozza said on another 911 call. "I don't know if someone shot my brother or not. I don't know what's going*on."
    Her call came shortly after Carolyn Giuliano's, but the exact time was*unclear.
    The recordings show that "probably five or six" calls came into the dispatch center from people who heard "multiple" shots fired, and that the police arrived in a matter of*minutes.
    Much of the conversation on the recordings is between emergency personnel, one of whom noted that one person on the scene was "DOA" with a gunshot wound to the*head.
    The discovery that it was 15-year-old Tyler Giuliano who was unknowingly shot and killed by his father, Jeffrey Giuliano, was not included in the emergency call*recordings.
    Town officials released the 16 separate brief recordings Friday in response to a Freedom of Information Act request from The News-Times.
    On that night last week, Scocozza had called her brother, who lived next door on Meeting House Hill Circle, because she said she feared someone was trying to break into her*house.
    Scocozza told the dispatcher that she had cracked open the door to see what was happening outside, but that her brother had "screamed for me to stay inside." The dispatcher later described Scocozza as "hysterical" on the*phone.
    "I've got to go outside," she told the dispatcher,*crying.
    "I want you to stay inside and keep the door locked," the dispatcher*ordered.
    "Please hurry, please hurry," she*sobbed.
    The dispatcher tried to assure her that police were on the*scene.
    Initially, emergency personnel were unsure whether it was the brother or the "intruder" who was*shot.
    Questions remain in the incident, including why Tyler Giuliano was wearing a ski mask and dark clothing, carrying a knife and other items, outside his aunt's house after*midnight?
    As the close-knit community comes together to grieve, detectives continue to try to piece together events leading up to the*tragedy.
    State police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said Friday that he would not comment on the tape until authorities complete their*investigation.
    "There's a lot of work behind the scenes that people, attorneys included, don't know is going on," he*said.
    Jeffrey Giuliano told detectives that he shot the masked intruder after the intruder lunged at him with a knife, investigators said. Only later, when paramedics arrived to take the body away, did he learn the victim was his*son.
    Police found Tyler Giuliano sprawled in the driveway with a gunshot wound to the head, according to one of the 911*recordings.
    Gene Zingaro, Giuliano's lawyer, said Friday that after the shooting the father had gone back to his house, "at which point his wife came out to check on his*condition."
    "The fact that he retreated to his own property is relevant, in that Mr. Giuliano had a fear after the shooting that No. 1, it is possible that the intruder could get up and harm him in some way and 2, he wasn't really safe until he got back to his property," Zingaro said. "The intruder was wearing a ski mask, so the head injury would not have been as easy to detect, especially at*night."
    He said that Jeffrey and Carolyn Giuliano had tried to return their family to some semblance of normalcy. Several of their children had gone back to school, though Jeffrey Giuliano remains on paid leave from his teaching job at a local elementary school, Zingaro*said.
    "They obviously understand what's going on. They support their father in any way that they can," Zingaro said. "Since there are six of them, the healing process is going at different*rates."
    He has said that investigators had asked permission to pore through computer and phone records for any material that might shed light on Tyler Giuliano's state of mind on that*night.
    Giuliano and his wife have cooperated with detectives since the beginning, the attorney said. No criminal charges have been*filed.

Read more: http://www.newstimes.com/policerepor...#ixzz2AN7lONNk

Thread Information