Thread: Pregnant Danielle Watson (25) stabbed to death by co-worker Mark Cox (22) during robbery

Pregnant Danielle Watson (25) stabbed to death by co-worker Mark Cox (22) during robbery

Victim Danielle Watson

Murderer Marx Cox

The Flying Biscuit

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Police in Charlotte say the man accused of killing his pregnant co-worker during a robbery at a south Charlotte restaurant was brought back to Charlotte Monday after he was arrested by police in Fayetteville.

Mark Anthony Cox, 22, of Charlotte, was arrested by Fayetteville police and the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's Violent Criminal Apprehension Team around 1 p.m. Monday off of Rosehill Road in Fayetteville.

Cox is now in the Mecklenburg County Jail where he is being held on charges of murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon of a business and robbery with a dangerous weapon of a person, according to the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office.

Cox has a hearing on the charges at 1 p.m.

Police say the recently released felon fatally stabbed his co-worker during a robbery at the Flying Biscuit Cafe late Friday night.

Mark Cox was taken into custody by the Fayetteville Police Department around 12:30 p.m. on Monday afternoon.

Renee Davis says she worked with the victim, Danielle Watson, and her alleged killer Mark Cox at the Flying Biscuit Cafe.

Davis says Cox, who had just been hired in December after serving prison time for robbery, worked in the kitchen. Watson, hired just a week or two after Cox, was a manager there and had access to the safe.

"It's just so hard. She was such a good girl," Davis said about Watson.

Cox started working at the restaurant shortly after he was released from prison for robbery with a dangerous weapon.

"He had told me he had been falsely accused of robbery. I didn't know he served time for it," Davis said.

"That day the only thing he mentioned to me was his baby's mama had texted him the day before (the robbery) and wanted him to send her some money so he could move. And he says 'I'm not sending her any money, I don't have any money.'"

The body of 25-year-old Danielle Marie Watson, who was two-months pregnant, was found with stab wounds.

Police say her body was discovered by a man trying to empty the dumpster behind a Chick-Fil-A restaurant on Rea Road early Saturday morning.

He immediately contacted police, who connected Watson to a robbery at the Flying Biscuit Cafe at the Stonecrest Shopping Center. However, some communication trouble among police lead them to a different named restaurant.

Police said the robbery at the cafe was reported around 6:30 Saturday morning. Watson's parents told WBTV that, as a manager of Flying Biscuit, Watson had the combination to the restaurant's safe.

Watson's body was discovered about an hour after the robbery was reported, police said.

Investigators now believe Mark Anthony Cox, 22, is responsible for Watson's death. They believe he stole her vehicle after the robbery and murder. That vehicle is a baby blue, two-door, 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier with North Carolina license ZYX-1952.

On Monday afternoon, police say Cox was arrested in Fayetteville. He was reportedly found at the home of an "associate" police told WBTV, Watson's car was found several blocks away.

Police say Cox was taken into custody, without incident. Charlotte detectives are on their way to Fayetteville to interview Cox.

Danielle's parents talked with us over the phone, and shared some disturbing details about what they'd learned.

"After [Cox] left my daughter," David Watson said, "he took her car and I guess he maybe got $2600 at the most at the safe...he went home.

That's where he lives with his parents across the street, and his sister, and from what I hear he told his sister what happened."

"He just said he did something really bad," added Denise, Danielle's mother.

CMPD said Watson's fiance received a phone call late Friday night that led him to believe Watson was in trouble. He tried to get back in touch with her, but when he couldn't, he called police.

There was a mix-up though with the address and it took several hours for police to figure out all the details.

If you can help with this investigation, call Crimestoppers at 704-334-1600.

Watson's case could be the first one prosecuted under the "Unborn Victim's Act." The new law took effect December 1. It allows prosecutors to charge an offender with murder of a fetus even if the offender or victim did not know about the pregnancy.
    http://southcharlotte.wbtv.com/news/...t-cafe-manager

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Cox started working at the restaurant shortly after he was released from prison for robbery with a dangerous weapon.
    Uh oh.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

He makes people begging for a second chance at life look really bad

not to mention the cookie monster pj's

This guy is a perfect example of why it is so difficult for ex-cons to find a job, let alone a meaningful one. Because the moment you give someone a second chance, they turn around and start murdering and robbing their coworkers. That's why most employers don't give ex-cons second chances.

Oh, and stupid killer guy....NICE JAMMIES!
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

omg twin posts!!

...all though i dont agree that if you give someone a second chance they will automaticaly murder people.

I had to see what this Flying Biscuit place was all about, the menu looks good..

http://www.flyingbiscuit.com/Menus.aspx

RIP Danielle.

I wonder, do they do background checks in NC? I know if you are a convicted felon in CA that kind of thing has to be said up front.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I had to see what this Flying Biscuit place was all about, the menu looks good..

http://www.flyingbiscuit.com/Menus.aspx

RIP Danielle.

I wonder, do they do background checks in NC? I know if you are a convicted felon in CA that kind of thing has to be said up front.
    It's not like that everywhere?

True Green.

This whole thing sounds like no one handled it right.

The cops went to the wrong fast food place, the kid ended up across the street but the car blocks away, she called her fiance and made it seem like something was wrong but once again there was an address mix up?

The cops over there dont sound like they have their shit together

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    True Green.

This whole thing sounds like no one handled it right.

The cops went to the wrong fast food place, the kid ended up across the street but the car blocks away, she called her fiance and made it seem like something was wrong but once again there was an address mix up?

The cops over there dont sound like they have their shit together
    Busy harassing people for smoking weed and shit.
    They don't have time and/or resources to devote to robbery/homicides.

Get your head out of your ass.

If you make an offer of employment to a person in NYS, it is illegal to rescind the offer once you find out about prior felonies. Here is a pretty interesting link with different states and their approaches to prior arrest and conviction: http://www.lac.org/toolkits/standard...State_Laws.pdf

At my school, they make students with priors go before a board to determine if they are safe to be in the classroom. This doesn't make me feel any safer because it's only the people that were caught that have to go through the process. Many of my students have been involved in violent and/or illegal activity and haven't been arrested. I have to admit, though, I was much more afraid of the rich, white kid going postal in CT than I ever am of some urban ex-felon. Those privileged white kids would FREAK if they didn't get an "A". My students now are like, "Hmm, maybe I shoulda bought the book".

Also, common sense says that they shouldn't be working at a place where they might be tempted to re-offend. Would you let a sex offender work at a daycare? Then why let a robber work at a place that has a safe full of money?

I've said it once, I'll say it again. EX CONS....construction calls your name....

No kids, no cash, no women, no problems.

Sex offenders and pedophiles are NOT the same thing.

And construction pretty much doesn't exist anymore. That industry took the biggest hit in the economic crash.

Sex offenders OR pedophiles, doesn't matter. Let em' all work construction for all I care.

They also say that semi drivers took a big hit in with the economy too, yet all I see on the freeways all day long is one truck after the other. Buildings are still going up, and money still flows. The opportunities may not be as good as they were at thier prime, but for those who actually care to find work, it's there...somewhere out there. Go find it, or stop molesting, raping, robbing, and killing. Your choice.

I fucking love you Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by wmdeeznuts View Post
    I fucking love you Ron.
    Where's Nutz?

I was thinking of him yesterday. I kind of miss his assholery.

He is probably just under a new username people, relax.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    He is probably just under a new username people, relax.
    But no one is being a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    But no one is being a douche.
    This is true.

Now, don't get all mad at me for saying this.. but maybe something happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post
    Sex offenders and pedophiles are NOT the same thing.

And construction pretty much doesn't exist anymore. That industry took the biggest hit in the economic crash.
    Eight thousand years later, I see this and I have to say: I don't really want a rapist looking after my kids, regardless of what their age preference is.

Thread Information