Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grandmother sued by HOA over the pink color of her granddaughter's playhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Ew. Yea, I couldn't handle living near someone with that many cars. Gross.
    It is annoying. Right now at noon they have 11 cars and one apparently dead refrigerator in their front yard. When everyone gets home from work there will be at least 25 vehicles in the front yard and an unknown number in back. But if you need hubcaps I can probably get them for you.

But not to hand stuff on the balcony? I dunno man. That'd be though to give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    It is annoying. Right now at noon they have 11 cars and one apparently dead refrigerator in their front yard. When everyone gets home from work there will be at least 25 vehicles in the front yard and an unknown number in back. But if you need hubcaps I can probably get them for you.

But not to hand stuff on the balcony? I dunno man. That'd be though to give up.
    Haha. It is tempting after the beach, so it's definitely a good rule. The building would look so trashy.

How many freaking people live in that building? Is it a mansion? Holy smokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Haha. It is tempting after the beach, so it's definitely a good rule. The building would look so trashy.

How many freaking people live in that building? Is it a mansion? Holy smokes.
    Hardly a mansion. When we moved in, it was a good sized single family house. I'd guess 3-4 bedrooms upstairs and maybe some sleeping rooms in the basement. It was a couple with 1/2 dozen or so boys. The little one wasn't in school yet and they stair stepped on up to high school aged. In the 8 years or so we've been here the kids have grown and left and many are back with offspring and so's of their own. They've added on to the house. And, when I say added on, I mean they bought a church building that was being sold to make way for a new bigger church. Hauled it in and attached it to the back of the house. (I keep waiting for them to attach the steeple.) I'd say they have at least 9 drivers who are in and out on a real regular basis, and grandma and grandpa seem to do a lot of babysitting. I have no idea how many full time residents there are now. Nice enough people, but I have to wonder when they are getting their own "Duggers" style TV show.

I should take pictures.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

You should take pics. That's unbelievable. Where do you live? My dad and stepmom tried doing some crazy shit like that (wayyy after I was long gone) and Phoenix wouldn't let them.
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna Nguyen View Post
    That house is way too pink. Not a big issue, but it does stand out like a sore thumb.
    I do think it's subtle, however, I can understand it being an HOA issue. They had to know they were rule breaking. At least it's in the backyard, though.

HOAs are really strange. i have never lived where i had to conform in that way and it hasn't been too bad. where i live now, no one seems to trash the place up. i would feel trapped inside my home if i had people watching my every move, taking a tape measure to my lawn and checking that my car has nothing in the back seat every evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

My Mom's next door neighbors painted their house pink and she acted like it was the worst thing that ever happened to her. She talked about it at least twice a week and made special bamboo window shades to block it out. I had never seen her so furious in my life. It was the exact shade of pepto-bismol.

Every time this thread pops up... I hear this for the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    HOA are there specifically to make sure that everything looks the same. Any deviation to anything, aesthetically or internally has to be approved by the HOA. If you don't, they fine you monthly until corrected. Mind you, you are already paying large fees to even have these people around.

Not worth the money, or the hassle.
    There are HOA's in my area that have restrictions on what kind of car you can own/have in your driveway. People pay hundreds of dollars (per month, in many cases) to be told how they can live. It's baffling. ...but hey, these are usually gated communities and it looks good on the social ladder. Totally worth it.

I guess it's just because I've always lived in small towns with no HOA's, but how can they force you to do things? Like, if I buy a house, it's my house. Why do they get to tell me what to do with it? What if I move into a neighborhood but I don't want to join the HOA? Do I go to jail or something?

The HOA is automatic. If you don't want to "join" the HOA, you don't get to move into the neighborhood. That's my understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Thread Information