Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mom Caught Potty Training Kids at Restaurant Table

Mom Caught Potty Training Kids at Restaurant Table

LEHI, Utah (KTLA) -- A mother in Utah took potty training a step too far when she had her twin girls use training toilets as they ate at a crowded restaurant.

Kimberly Decker took a photo of the naked toddlers perched on their potties at the Thanksgiving Point Deli in Lehi. She posted the picture to her blog this week.

"While we sat down to have lunch, I noticed this young Mother was potty training her two twin daughters at the table," Decker wrote.

"It didn't quite register at first what was happening, but when I took a second glance I realized this is NOT OK!" she said on the blog.

Decker said she posted the picture to her Facebook account that afternoon as a joke, and "couldn't believe the response I got."

It set off a firestorm of criticism directed at the unidentified mom and was eventually taken down by Facebook.

Decker told local station KSL that she initially thought the kids were sitting n booster seats, and she was shocked when she realized what was really happening.

"She had to undo the jumpsuits, and take them all the way down so they were completely nude, with the jumpsuits down to their ankles just eating their chicken nuggets, sitting on little toddler potties," she told KSL.

The restaurant staff says they didn't know what was happening in the dining room until it was all over.

They say they would have asked the mother to take the potty training into the restroom.

Are people really this gross?

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    Are people really this gross?
    Sadly, yes.

Wouldn't it be easier (and cleaner) to walk the kid to the bathroom, rather than drag around a dirty potty?
    Toodle Loo

Yeah, ummm when i potty trained my boys I didnt do it by making them eat their food at the table while sitting on a little toilet.

I don't understand these kinds of parents. Im sorry but im not excited for you that your kid took a shit while I was sittin two booths away at McDonalds. Take the brat to the bathroom and make him shit like normal people.

Parenting fail.

Isnt teaching them to shit where ever they are at the moment actually counter productive to potty training?

potty training my child scares me, but i know i wont be this bad at it

Omfg, honestly. It's people like this that give parents a bad name. Having children isn't always the equivalent of being a fucking nutball.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

No but you will see the extremist mommy's come in and scream BUT THEY NEEED TO LEARN!

No. Looking at that picture makes me want to punch the mother in the face. Not only is it incredibly rude and inconsiderate to other people, it's gross and teaching that child it's ok because mommy taught them its ok.

Never once in all my potty training times with my boys would I have ever considered doing this. I mean, the boys went from diapers to training pants and then underwear. I rewarded with candy's or treats or whatever. And when my boys said 'mom, i need to go potty now' we bolted to the bathroom because we didnt want accidents.

I seriously cnanot stand that these women are getting to the point that just because they are mothers, they can do whatever they like no matter how the public feels about it and then scream BUT IM MOTHERING.
    If you saw a dad do this with his kids you would facepalm thinking daddy is a dummy and lazy or simply just that daddy is a dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    No but you will see the extremist mommy's come in and scream BUT THEY NEEED TO LEARN!

No. Looking at that picture makes me want to punch the mother in the face. Not only is it incredibly rude and inconsiderate to other people, it's gross and teaching that child it's ok because mommy taught them its ok.

Never once in all my potty training times with my boys would I have ever considered doing this. I mean, the boys went from diapers to training pants and then underwear. I rewarded with candy's or treats or whatever. And when my boys said 'mom, i need to go potty now' we bolted to the bathroom because we didnt want accidents.

I seriously cnanot stand that these women are getting to the point that just because they are mothers, they can do whatever they like no matter how the public feels about it and then scream BUT IM MOTHERING.
    If you saw a dad do this with his kids you would facepalm thinking daddy is a dummy and lazy or simply just that daddy is a dummy.
    But I'm already thinking like this about this mother.
    Toodle Loo

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I would have called the cops. No lol. Not 911 though, I'm not retarded.

Actually, it's Utah. I may have called 911.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I would have called the cops too. Not 911 either.

I'm with hockey girl, who wants to train their kids to shit at the dinner table

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    The fuck? This is gross...I cannot even imagine!
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    I saw this a few days ago. I can't get over it.

When I was potty training, I didn't leave the house for the entire time. It took me 2.5 days. After she got the hang of it, anytime she got the urge we ran. Simple as that. That's sheer laziness.

Even dogs don't shit where they eat.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    What. The. Fuck. SERIOUSLY? That mom must have lost her damn mind. What the hell makes you think this shit is okay? Let me tell you: this is in NO way okay. In no way is this appropriate. Doing it at home, hell, doing it outside, fine. But at a restaurant where others pay to eat? Get the fuck out of here. That shows a blatant disregard for others that tells me you're not a very smart person.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I had a lady with a little girl about 3 say she had to go to the bathroom and the mom yelled saying i gotta return this. So then the girl goes away comes back and says it again and the mom again tells her to go away. The little girl sat down on the floor and peed her pants. The little girl was so embarrassed and then the mom comforts her saying it's ok. Yea accidents happen but this mom made her kid pee her pants. She was with another adult so one could have taken her to the bathroom or simply said hold this and we'll be right back. People are so rude, gross, and stupid.

That mom's a lazy bitch.

Yeah, my wife brought up a point I hadn't even thought about...mom has to carry the pee/poop through the restaurant and into the bathroom to dump it. Just what you wanted someone to be carrying right beside you as you enjoy your steak. Mmmmmmm, can I have some baby shit on my mashed potatoes please?

The bathroom used to be on the other side of the floor yea I even hate walking all the way over there but I'd rather do that than have to buy my kid new pants cause I'm to lazy to let her pee.

That mom is just screaming for pedophiles to take interest. She might as well hand deliver them if she's just going to strip them naked in public.

I would have straight donkey punched that lady in a heartbeat. What the fuck does she think she's doing. That is a fucking health hazard. How did no one that worked at restaurant not say something and demand her to leave. If I was her waitress, I would have told her off so fast. Wow. I can't believe that happened.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I did the same thing seraphim. It literally takes 2-3 days for them to learn if you go at it and stay home for a few days.

Putting aside the fact that this mother is obviously stupid and lazy and disgusting, am I the only one who thinks that it was completely inappropriate for the other lady to take pictures of someone elses naked kids and post them on her facebook?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    Putting aside the fact that this mother is obviously stupid and lazy and disgusting, am I the only one who thinks that it was completely inappropriate for the other lady to take pictures of someone elses naked kids and post them on her facebook?
    Don't kill the messenger.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information