LEHI, Utah (KTLA) -- A mother in Utah took potty training a step too far when she had her twin girls use training toilets as they ate at a crowded restaurant.

Kimberly Decker took a photo of the naked toddlers perched on their potties at the Thanksgiving Point Deli in Lehi. She posted the picture to her blog this week.

"While we sat down to have lunch, I noticed this young Mother was potty training her two twin daughters at the table," Decker wrote.

"It didn't quite register at first what was happening, but when I took a second glance I realized this is NOT OK!" she said on the blog.

Decker said she posted the picture to her Facebook account that afternoon as a joke, and "couldn't believe the response I got."

It set off a firestorm of criticism directed at the unidentified mom and was eventually taken down by Facebook.

Decker told local station KSL that she initially thought the kids were sitting n booster seats, and she was shocked when she realized what was really happening.

"She had to undo the jumpsuits, and take them all the way down so they were completely nude, with the jumpsuits down to their ankles just eating their chicken nuggets, sitting on little toddler potties," she told KSL.

The restaurant staff says they didn't know what was happening in the dining room until it was all over.

They say they would have asked the mother to take the potty training into the restroom.