Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Carlisle Brigham (29) died when she fell down stairs in high heels after a night of drinking

Carlisle Brigham (29) died when she fell down stairs in high heels after a night of drinking

She was just hours from turning her life around.

The tragic, troubled daughter of the city's former budget chief, who fell to her death down a flight of stairs after a night of boozing with pals, was about to enter rehab, sources told The Post yesterday.

Carlisle Brigham, 29, was found at the bottom of a stairwell on the Lower East Side Monday morning following a booze-fueled get-together with college friends with whom she had attended a wedding in Virginia.

Her drinking had become so problematic recently that her desperate dad, James Brigham ? who served under Mayor Ed Koch ? was flying in to try to put a stop to it, sources said.

James, the chairman of a St. Louis investment bank, was scheduled to take his daughter to a rehab facility for alcohol and possible drug addiction, the sources said.

The beautiful blonde appeared to have stumbled in her high-heel shoes and tumbled down the steep stairwell.

The medical examiner yesterday ruled her death an accident. Initial autopsy results were unclear about whether alcohol played a role.
    There was so much blood around her neck when her body was found at 10:33 a.m. that investigators initially theorized that she'd been slashed.

But they later said it appeared she shattered her chin when she fell at 191 Orchard St., where she had stayed overnight with a male friend.

Sources said that Carlisle Brigham had been depressed over the breakup of her year-old marriage to Anthony Champalimaud, a Manhattan executive for an Asian hotel conglomerate, who was in the United Kingdom when she died.

"We shall forever remember her gentle and graceful demeanor, captivating spirit and intensely giving nature," the family said in a statement.

"She was known to enchant all those whom she met."

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012...ht_of_drinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Tragic! Just tragic,.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I'm so glad I have an elevator

Quote Originally Posted by nerysinci View Post

Still be careful!

"But they later said it appeared she shattered her chin when she fell at 191 Orchard St., where she had stayed overnight with a male friend."

Still be careful!

"But they later said it appeared she shattered her chin when she fell at 191 Orchard St., where she had stayed overnight with a male friend."
    I usually keep a pair of those rolled up ballet slipper flats in my purse, too. I'm not totally stupid.

I usually keep a pair of those rolled up ballet slipper flats in my purse, too. I'm not totally stupid.

i seem to trip more with flats and sandals than with heels. especially on carpet.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    i seem to trip more with flats and sandals than with heels. especially on carpet.
    You're doing it right.

I remember when Sauce said "they should assassinate whoever invented flats" and Grace lost her shit (cause she can't walk in heels) saying "NO! Shoes were fine until some asshole had to try and make them higher!"

Man, 2 members that don't post anymore. I been here too long.

i remember i bought these sandals that were kinda like flip flops but prettier when i was preggers with my oldest. my boss at the time said i could not wear them while pregnant or at work bc i would trip on the carpet. i swear he jinxed me bc like 5 minutes later i tripped and i still trip if i wear shoes like that.

i think the prettiest flats are ballet shoes. they can be worn with anything...jeans, capris, skirts, dresses, and still look pretty. regular, chunky flats are fucking gross.

also, I wonder if Carlisle was alone when she fell. it said she was staying over with a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    also, I wonder if Carlisle was alone when she fell. it said she was staying over with a friend.
    I would think so. They found her, right? They didn't get a frantic phone call from someone that just witnessed it. And there was so much blood they thought her throat was cut? Ugh. That's fucking terrible. Must have been quick.

I wonder what the last thing to go through her head was. And no one needs to say the staircase, wise asses.

But imagine you're drunk as you're going up/down stairs, and you lose it, start to fall, and star thinking "this is it" while gravity has its way with you. Ugh ugh ugh.

I never understand how people fall like this. Unless you're handcuffed, or holding a baby, you have hands that are there to stop you (said by someone who never falls down).

Why would someone name their girl Carlisle. I wonder if she got made fun of because of Twilight.

i wonder if she passed out and that's how she fell.

Why would someone name their girl Carlisle. I wonder if she got made fun of because of Twilight.
    i didn't think of twilight. i thought of belinda carlisle. it sounds too strong of a name for a girl.

She could always point out that the person knows character names from Twilight.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    I've always liked the name Carlisle.

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.champalimaud
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

sad story...but if there's one thing i find myself repeating when i'm out and about being a social alcoholic, it's
    "if you can't walk correctly in heels...don't frikkin' wear them!" yes, you might look trashy stumbling around, drunk,
    heels in hand...but at least you'll make it up the stairs and be among the living the following day.

so sad; she was pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    She shoulda gone barefoot, dammit. Hell, I'd have carried her if she was that drunk, damn the distance! What a shame.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

The highest I can do without tripping no matter the terrain is 3 inches. Anything more and it would not be necessary for me to be drunk and fall all over the place.

RIP chick.

I fall up and down the stairs in my house all the time. Sober. It's more like surf down the stairs. When you literally slide down the steps on your feet. I've fallen walking up the stairs and fucked up my arms and legs. No heels required.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I fall up and down the stairs in my house all the time. Sober. It's more like surf down the stairs. When you literally slide down the steps on your feet. I've fallen walking up the stairs and fucked up my arms and legs. No heels required.
    Haha. I usually fall when I'm on the trails in running shoes. I'm surprisingly coordinated when I'm drunk or in heels. An old friend of mine fell (or jumped) off of his balcony when he was drunk, but he only needed stitches. It would be scary to do stupid, dangerous stuff when you're drunk. I'm glad I don't do that. I may say stupid things. A couple times I couldn't remember how I made it home and that really scared me.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Haha. I usually fall when I'm on the trails in running shoes. I'm surprisingly coordinated when I'm drunk or in heels. An old friend of mine fell (or jumped) off of his balcony when he was drunk, but he only needed stitches. It would be scary to do stupid, dangerous stuff when you're drunk. I'm glad I don't do that. I may say stupid things. A couple times I couldn't remember how I made it home and that really scared me.

Bahaha! There was something on TV the other night about people walking home drunk. I think it was 20/20 or something. I don't think I've done anything dangerous while drunk, but I may also say stupid things. I peed on the sidewalk in downtown Cincinnati with a cop across the street. I don't remember doing it, but there's pics

Thread Information