Thread: Michelle Reiter (38) was found dead in a remote area

Michelle Reiter (38) was found dead in a remote area

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012..._a_remote_area

Friends of a Brownwood woman are asking the public for help in locating her after she was reported missing on Tuesday.

Michele Reiter, 38, was reported missing Tuesday morning after her roommate noted she had not returned home the night before, according to a Brownwood Police report. Reiter is an employee of Home Depot and also did not show up for work the following day.

Brownwood Police confirmed the discovery of the missing Brownwood woman?s vehicle Wednesday evening at the Bert Massey Sports Complex.

An anonymous acquaintance was at the baseball fields Wednesday evening when they recognized the car and reported it to police.

Police state that no evidence of foul play was found and that the car seemed abandoned as if it were just left or parked at the baseball fields. The vehicle was taken and processed for further investigation.

Anyone with information about Reiter can call the Brownwood Police Department at 325-646-2525.

http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.p...news&Itemid=58
    Last edited by Olivia; 09-26-2012 at 02:31 PM.

I'll leave this here for now in case it's not her -

Human remains discovered Monday in a remote area of Coleman County could be that of Michele Reiter, a 38-year-old missing Brownwood woman, authorities said.

Brownwood Police Chief Mike Corley said the remains that of an adult woman were discovered around 10:30 a.m. Corley declined to say whether a search group or law enforcement made the discovery.

Corley said the body has been sent to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office for positive identification.

"At this time, we believe this to be Michele, but official confirmation will have to be made at autopsy," he said. "We do not have a cause or manner of death. It would be premature and inappropriate for us to speculate on either one at this point."

Corley told the Reporter-News the body was "badly decomposed" and did not have obvious injuries.

Reiter was reported missing Sept. 11 after her roommate said she did not return home the night before, according to a handout released by friends looking for the Brownwood woman.

http://www.brownwoodtx.com/news/loca...9bb2963f4.html

Man arrested in Tom Green County had ties to Reiter, missing woman's friends say

Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 5:32 pm

By STEVE NASH steve.nash@brownwoodbulletin.com

Brownwood police had no comment Friday on Facebook posts and comments from Michele Reiter's friends that Lanny Bush ? the Brownwood man arrested Thursday in Tom Green County ? is the missing woman's ex-boyfriend or ex-fiance.

The Texas Rangers arrested Bush, 53, on a charge of online impersonation, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported. Bush remained in the Tom Green County Jail Friday on that charge and on a parole violation charge, jail records state.

There was no comment from local authorities on whether Bush's arrest is related to Reiter's disappearance, or on the circumstances leading to his arrest.

Reiter's friends haven't lost hope that the 38-year-old Home Depot employee will come home safe ? but they also fear that might not happen, one of those friends, Yolanda Nino, said.

Nino said she fears Reiter might not be alive. "That's what me and my friends talk about all the time," Nino said.

Nino said she believes Reiter and Bush had been together for about three years and had lived at Lake Brownwood. She said they broke up about a month ago.

"They had their ups and down," Nino said.

Nino described Reiter as outgoing and "a very good person" who will "do anything for anyone.

"She's my close friend. ? It's really hard," Nino said. "I'm actually pretty crushed about it. I'm hoping she will come home safe."

Reiter was last seen at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 10, according to friends and Facebook posts. She told her roommate she was going out for a while, and when she didn't come home that night, the roommate contacted Home Depot the next morning to see if she had come to work. Reiter hadn't, and her car was found two days later.

According to a flyer handed out at a candlelight vigil on Friday, Reiter was wearing a black-and-white top and jeans when she was last seen. She is 5-foot-5 and has a slim or slender build with brown shoulder-length hair.

A Facebook page called Help Find Michele Reiter has attracted numerous posts, and many of those postings have indicated they are passing out flyers about Reiter's disappearance.

Brownwood police "are working diligently and doing the best we can" in their investigation into Reiter's disappearance, Assistant Police Chief James Fuller said Friday.

"We're working hard."

Sheriff Bobby Grubbs said earlier the sheriff's office is assisting in the investigation but has declined further comment.

A Department of Public Safety helicopter from Lubbock conducted an aerial search of the local area Wednesday.

Brownwood police had no comment Friday on Facebook posts and comments from Michele Reiter's friends that Lanny Bush ? the Brownwood man arrested Thursday in Tom Green County ? is the missing woman's ex-boyfriend or ex-fiance.

The Texas Rangers arrested Bush, 53, on a charge of online impersonation, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported. Bush remained in the Tom Green County Jail Friday on that charge and on a parole violation charge, jail records state.

There was no comment from local authorities on whether Bush's arrest is related to Reiter's disappearance, or on the circumstances leading to his arrest.

Reiter's friends haven't lost hope that the 38-year-old Home Depot employee will come home safe ? but they also fear that might not happen, one of those friends, Yolanda Nino, said.

Nino said she fears Reiter might not be alive. "That's what me and my friends talk about all the time," Nino said.

Nino said she believes Reiter and Bush had been together for about three years and had lived at Lake Brownwood. She said they broke up about a month ago.

"They had their ups and down," Nino said.

Nino described Reiter as outgoing and "a very good person" who will "do anything for anyone.

"She's my close friend. ? It's really hard," Nino said. "I'm actually pretty crushed about it. I'm hoping she will come home safe."

Reiter was last seen at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 10, according to friends and Facebook posts. She told her roommate she was going out for a while, and when she didn't come home that night, the roommate contacted Home Depot the next morning to see if she had come to work. Reiter hadn't, and her car was found two days later.

According to a flyer handed out at a candlelight vigil on Friday, Reiter was wearing a black-and-white top and jeans when she was last seen. She is 5-foot-5 and has a slim or slender build with brown shoulder-length hair.

A Facebook page called Help Find Michele Reiter has attracted numerous posts, and many of those postings have indicated they are passing out flyers about Reiter's disappearance.

Brownwood police "are working diligently and doing the best we can" in their investigation into Reiter's disappearance, Assistant Police Chief James Fuller said Friday.

"We're working hard."

Sheriff Bobby Grubbs said earlier the sheriff's office is assisting in the investigation but has declined further comment.

A Department of Public Safety helicopter from Lubbock conducted an aerial search of the local area Wednesday.

"It's very difficult to remain positive and hopeful, even though that's what we want," Heather Myers of Brownwood, one of Reiter's friends, said.

From FB

Lore Prosser
    about an hour ago
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. RIP Michele we love you.

Erika Arthur-Balzano likes this.
    Carrie Anne M. Powell Has new news surfaced about Michele, Lore?
    about an hour ago
    Erika Arthur-Balzano I didn't mean to "like" that remark. What did you find out????;
    about an hour ago via mobile
    Lore Prosser www.ktxs.com
    Home
    www.ktxs.com
    KTXS.com is your comprehensive source of breaking news, weather and sports for Abilene and the Big Country.
    about an hour ago
    Joy Barker =[ hopefully everything surfaces and justice can be served.
    about an hour ago
    Erika Arthur-Balzano That really sucks. I'm so sorry...
    about an hour ago via mobile
    Lore Prosser I just don't get it!
    about an hour ago

Here is the article linked in the FB post:

Body found in Coleman County, could be missing Brownwood woman
    By Shenna Stout, sstout@ktxs.com
    POSTED: Sep 24 2012 06:13:55 PM CDT UPDATED: 8:33 PM Sep 24 2012

Coleman County body may be missing Brownwood woman
    BROWNWOOD, Texas -

The Brownwood Police Department and the Brown County Sheriff's Office held a press conference Monday afternoon confirming human remains were found in Coleman County Monday morning.

Brownwood Police Chief Mike Corley said the body found was a female fitting the description of Michele Reiter.

There has not been an autopsy done on the body to confirm the identity of the woman, but law enforcement officials said they have reason to believe the body is Michele Reiter.

Officials are not giving the exact location in Coleman County where the body was found; they only said it is a remote location.

They also do not have a cause or manner of death at this point in the investigation.

Corley said they do have suspects, however they will not say how many.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office will conduct the autopsy.

Chief Corley said the investigation is still ongoing which is why little information is being released.

"We're not at the end of the investigation where we can all pat each other on the back and say, 'Good job it's all done,' because we have a long way to go. I can't emphasize that enough. This is a major hurdle that we've made today by getting some closure and knowing a little bit more about what's happened to Michele."

KTXS will keep you updated and informed as soon as new information is released.

Tarrant County has the ME website - so her identity will show up there once confirmed... so sad.

Yeah. I've been reading through some of her FB friends/family. She seemed like a really nice person. A giving person. Sounds like she might have been in a poopy relationship and ended it. Why does this happen? Why do people who give everything, have an enormous heart and a ton of people who love you, go missing and are found dead? Why can't the asshole in the relationship find this type of fate? He doesn't deserve to die, but neither does she. Catch 22. (I'm just venting. Rhetorical questions)

Brownwood Police Chief Mike Corley said through a news release issued this morning said a preliminary autopsy confirmed the identity of a body found in a remote area of Coleman County this week as Michele Reiter, a 38-year-old missing Brownwood woman.

Corley said today the cause and manner of death still have not been determined.

"I do not have a timeline for this information," he said. "This is all the information I have for release at this time. Our thoughts and prayers remain with Michele’s family. "

http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...ody-in-county/

Thread Information