Thread: TV personality hospitalized after being bullied on Twitter

TV personality hospitalized after being bullied on Twitter

I am not sure how I feel about this. This person is a host on Australia's Next Top Model and is always in the paper/news etc. Anyway she started getting bullied on Twitter and her tactic was to retweet all the nasty tweets. It all came to a head earlier this week after a barrage of tweets where she posted that they had won and she was hospitalised. Hash tags included #diecharlotte and #gohangyourself

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/char...-1226463091491

CHARLOTTE Dawson has revealed it was the ferocity of last week's barrage of death threats that sent her into a spiral of depression and put her in hospital.

Speaking for the first time about the torrent of abuse she received on Twitter last Wednesday night, the 46-year-old TV presenter said: "I've never had death threats of this ferocity. I've never had a campaign of this ferocity.''

Hours before being admitted to hospital, Dawson had attended a Waterford Crystal party with friends in Darlinghurst where she happily mingled with guests.

But her mood slumped after she returned to her nearby apartment to discover a stream of abusive death threats on Twitter, including taunts to "stick your head in a toaster'' and "kill yourself''.

After spending hours fending off the insults, Dawson signed off with the disturbing message "you win x'' along with a picture of a hand holding pills at 2.07am.

Just after three, an ambulance arrived at her home and took her to St Vincent's Hospital.

Dawson said it was the relentless and vicious messages that finally broke her.

"It just triggered that feeling of helplessness when the trolls got to me,'' Dawson said in an interview to air on Channel 9's 60 Minutes tonight. "They got the better of me and they won.''

The social media war began after Dawson tracked down Monash University employee Tanya Heti after she posted a series of offensive tweets, including to "go hang yourself''.

Heti was suspended from her mentoring job when Dawson complained to the university, after which the stream of hate messages and threats began.

After spending two days under observation at St Vincent's Psychiatric Emergency Care Centre, where she was banned from engaging in social media, Dawson was yesterday released and is now staying with friends.

During her stay, it is understood doctors advised the "fragile'' Dawson not to take part in the paid 60 Minutes interview but that she insisted because she wanted to send a message to the trolls.

"If you're going to express those points of view, you should do it with a face and a name so you can be accountable,'' a defiant Dawson said.

Here is her twitter - http://twitter.com/MsCharlotteD

She is 46, she should've figured out by now that there is an off switch on her computer. I'm not saying she deserves death treaths or anything but if you're happy with yourself and your life, why go all suicidal over some internet trolls? Turn off your computer and go do something else. Let one of your minions handle it.
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

who was she being insulted by? 5 year olds? put your head in a toaster? wtf kind of insult is that? Who the hell can fit their head in a toaster?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    the 46-year-old
    You gotta be kidding me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    Isnt this the same shit that's happening to LeAnne Rimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Isnt this the same shit that's happening to LeAnne Rimes?
    she's getting harassed? this is the first i've heard of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    she's getting harassed? this is the first i've heard of that.
    This is supposedly why she put herself into rehab for stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    This is supposedly why she put herself into rehab for stress.
    like recent? nevermind, i'll go google
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    who was she being insulted by? 5 year olds? put your head in a toaster? wtf kind of insult is that? Who the hell can fit their head in a toaster?
    hahahah thats what i thought.

and really? she cannot be worse than tyra banks, how can this woman get more death threats than tyra banks, or janelle from teen mom2. just thinking about annoying twitters.

LeAnn Rimes is a crazy with eating disorders galore. She depresses me.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    LeAnn Rimes is a crazy with eating disorders galore. She depresses me.
    Word.

And if I was getting death threats and shit I would delete my account. Pretty simple.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I'm not wearing any pants
    I could never figure out why people let what someone says online to them bother them. I mean, you don't even know them.
    I used to get pissed when i first came online over shit like 15 years ago but now i could give a flying fuck. LOL.

Thread Information