Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Gilchrist (27) committed suicide by gunshot

Kyle Gilchrist (27) committed suicide by gunshot

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012...ide_by_gunshot

1209729 Denton Gilchrist Kyle 4/21/1985 27 8/6/2012 F White M
    Police Department: Police Svc #:
    Deceased Address: 3440 Rosemeade Pkwy. Apt. 4304, Dallas, Texas 75287 Time Of Death 9:07 PM
    Occurred Location: 3440 Rosemeade Pkwy. Apt. 4304, Dallas, Texas 75287
    Place Of Death: Private Residence Prosector: Richard Fries
    Place Of Death Address: 3440 Rosemeade Pkwy. Apt. 4304, Dallas, Texas Manner Of Death: SUICIDE
    Cause Of Death: GUNSHOT WOUND OF HEAD (INTRAORAL)
    Last edited by Olivia; 08-18-2012 at 02:10 AM.

That is the right FB. There's a memorial group for him here- http://www.facebook.com/groups/244561025665377/ and one of the admins has the FB you listed as a friend.

I haven't been able to find an obit. I did find some weird blog (read the comments) where they say it was a "gun accident"-
    http://armstrongismlibrary.blogspot....ayne-pyle.html

Kyle Gilchrist

? We received the shocking news tonight that Kyle died in a gun accident. He was so careful with guns that we find it inexplicable, but it doesn't change the reality. We are struggling with the loss of our son so please excuse using an email to share the news.

? The Gilchrist family thanks all of you for your prayers, love & concern. As my husband has often said, this changes nothing insofar as the Truth, our Purpose, our Calling, & our hope in God’s soon coming Kingdom. Our dearly loved son, Kyle, is asleep in Christ, awaiting the resurrection, & we look forward to being the first ones there to welcome him back.

Please understand that we’re struggling with the shock & reality of losing our son, so we may not be able to take every phone call, or answer every email. We’re deeply touched & comforted by your love & prayers. Thank you from all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    That is the right FB. There's a memorial group for him here- http://www.facebook.com/groups/244561025665377/ and one of the admins has the FB you listed as a friend.

I haven't been able to find an obit. I did find some weird blog (read the comments) where they say it was a "gun accident"-
    http://armstrongismlibrary.blogspot....ayne-pyle.html

Kyle Gilchrist

? We received the shocking news tonight that Kyle died in a gun accident. He was so careful with guns that we find it inexplicable, but it doesn't change the reality. We are struggling with the loss of our son so please excuse using an email to share the news.

? The Gilchrist family thanks all of you for your prayers, love & concern. As my husband has often said, this changes nothing insofar as the Truth, our Purpose, our Calling, & our hope in God’s soon coming Kingdom. Our dearly loved son, Kyle, is asleep in Christ, awaiting the resurrection, & we look forward to being the first ones there to welcome him back.

Please understand that we’re struggling with the shock & reality of losing our son, so we may not be able to take every phone call, or answer every email. We’re deeply touched & comforted by your love & prayers. Thank you from all of us.
    I find it hard to believe that putting a gun in your mouth and having it go off could ever be accidental! Poor people.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    The fuck is that blog/religion?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

I never understood how obvious suicides could ever reference God and Heaven. From what I remember, Kyle cannot enter Heaven since he killed himself. This obvious contradiction will have to resolve itself somehow for this family and it appears they have chosen to deny the suicide aspect.

Family might not want people to know it was suicide and chose to explain it as an accident. *shrugs*

It's odd that they are calling it an accident but I was gonna just put in something that happened here that was sooo off the charts.

A friend was cleaning his gun and was talking with friends and family at his house and while telling a story he put the gun to his head and it fired. The clip wasnt even in the gun but he failed to see that there was a bullet in the chamber.

I have loaded my rifle and to hold just one extra shot, I would chamber one bullet and then load the clip. This guy that we knew, it completly threw everyone for a loop because it was so incredibly senseless and stupid. So now I wonder about some of the suicides and thats why i like to know the details of if the person was alone, etc.

The gun play argument would hold water if the wound wasnt through the mouth. I mean, if the wound was say through the eye or under the chin, I could see senseless accident angle, but Kyle had apparently put the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAndy View Post
    I never understood how obvious suicides could ever reference God and Heaven. From what I remember, Kyle cannot enter Heaven since he killed himself. This obvious contradiction will have to resolve itself somehow for this family and it appears they have chosen to deny the suicide aspect.
    Or they don't believe that suicide means damnation.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    Or they don't believe that suicide means damnation.

This. For a Believer, you believe that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior. Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins. Although everyone is born a sinner, forgiveness is already provided because of the blood JC shed while on the cross. Since we are sinners, we need to find salvation and repentance. As long as Kyle was a Christian and asked God into his life, he is forgiven and he goes to Heaven. Not all Christians or Believers believe this way, but well, that's a whole other thread.
    (when I say you/we/us, it's in general as a believer would speak)

It looks like he doesn't necessarily go to heaven anyway, though. He's sleeping with Christ or something and then he's going to come back and be resurrected. That's what I got from it, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    It looks like he doesn't necessarily go to heaven anyway, though. He's sleeping with Christ or something and then he's going to come back and be resurrected. That's what I got from it, anyway.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. That brings up another thing about "Christians." The Bible teaches the second coming of Christ. This is suppose to be the end of the world as we know it. It also serves as Judgement Day. Sooooo, how can anyone be in Heaven (because they haven't been judged yet)if the second coming of Christ hasn't happened yet? (Rhetorical question) When people die, they die. On Judgement Day/second coming of Christ, that is when Believers will be resurrected and reunited with Christ.

And yet another reason why I don't go to church
    But whatever. If it brings them comfort, more power to them.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    This. For a Believer, you believe that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior. Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins. Although everyone is born a sinner, forgiveness is already provided because of the blood JC shed while on the cross. Since we are sinners, we need to find salvation and repentance. As long as Kyle was a Christian and asked God into his life, he is forgiven and he goes to Heaven. Not all Christians or Believers believe this way, but well, that's a whole other thread.
    (when I say you/we/us, it's in general as a believer would speak)
    This is actually what I believe. I have a hard time believing that because someone commits suicide it means they are going to hell. I know a lot of Christians who believe that tho and it's their opinion and I respect it. I think the Christians who believe that are also the ones who will say that the persn who suicided may not go to heaven because we are supposed to trust that God will lead us from the darkness in our lives. It's kind of like a big eff you to god for not trusting him like we are supposed to.

The gun play argument would hold water if the wound wasnt through the mouth. I mean, if the wound was say through the eye or under the chin, I could see senseless accident angle, but Kyle had apparently put the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger.
    Oh i agree, I just wanted to put it out there that there are incidents where it would look like a suicide and could have been totally an accident.

I guess I have a hard time respecting the opinion that someone's stamping their ticket to hell because they couldn't stand he pain of living anymore.

I guess I have a hard time respecting the opinion that someone's stamping their ticket to hell because they couldn't stand he pain of living anymore.
    I think most people feel the same exact way as you do. My grandpa committed suicide but I do not believe for one second that he is destined for the firey pits of hell because he chose to end it.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    This is actually what I believe. I have a hard time believing that because someone commits suicide it means they are going to hell. I know a lot of Christians who believe that tho and it's their opinion and I respect it. I think the Christians who believe that are also the ones who will say that the persn who suicided may not go to heaven because we are supposed to trust that God will lead us from the darkness in our lives. It's kind of like a big eff you to god for not trusting him like we are supposed to.
    I can see the "eff you," but if everyone thought, "WWJD," then no one would sin, have a weak moment, doubt, and so on. That's why JC died on the cross. So mankind could have a ticket to Heaven. No matter the sin. All they have to do is except JC into their lives. My point is if suicide is an "eff you," so is gambling, adultery, murder, rape, molestation, etc. Supposed Christians commit those sins all the time too. Maybe some Christians believe the suicide thing is a ticket to Hell because there is no way to find repentance because the person is now dead? I dunno.

No negativity, slur, etc meant but are you Catholic?
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Must be... but even the Catholic priests I know don't believe this anymore. They (the one that buried my friends brother who suicided anyway) felt that Bill was not in his right mind and wouldn't be held accountable for actions committed while in that state, so of course he could have a church funeral, and we trusted that God would be merciful.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Ditto. I always question what I believe and I go back and forth. I know I believe that there is a higher being and it doesn't follow the traditional belief of a cruel, punishing god.

Nah, I would be agnostic I suppose, I havent been inside a religious building for a service in 15 years. I did goto a Christian Science "service" in college, but that was for a class.

I dont know where Kyle is today, but I cant imagine following a god who would make him suffer pain for eternity all because he apparently wanted to end his pain here on Earth.

Ditto. I always question what I believe and I go back and forth. I know I believe that there is a higher being and it doesn't follow the traditional belief of a cruel, punishing god.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I can see the "eff you," but if everyone thought, "WWJD," then no one would sin, have a weak moment, doubt, and so on. That's why JC died on the cross. So mankind could have a ticket to Heaven. No matter the sin. All they have to do is except JC into their lives. My point is if suicide is an "eff you," so is gambling, adultery, murder, rape, molestation, etc. Supposed Christians commit those sins all the time too. Maybe some Christians believe the suicide thing is a ticket to Hell because there is no way to find repentance because the person is now dead? I dunno.
    I dont know, I feel that when a person is in a dark place with depression or some kind of terminal disease and it's a matter of ending the pain, I don't think god sends themt o hell over it. I think he gives that person mercy. I do believe that if youa re saved then you are not going to hell but you have to be a 'trying' person that even tho you sin knowingly/unknowingly, god knows your true heart and only you and him are sure of where you will be.
    I don't personally believe that a person can just say the saviors prayer and be cool. It has to be genuine. I think im wording this wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Must be... but even the Catholic priests I know don't believe this anymore. They (the one that buried my friends brother who suicided anyway) felt that Bill was not in his right mind and wouldn't be held accountable for actions committed while in that state, so of course he could have a church funeral, and we trusted that God would be merciful.
    How do the priests decide this kind of stuff? Im super curious because it would seem very judgemental of anyone in a church to speak for god on whether that person that suicided or not should be given a funeral in their church. Im curious because i thought i heard somewhere else that some religions wont allow funerals of certain people because of the manner they died in or their life in general.

My husband feels basically the same way. He believes in a higher power, just not for sure what to think about it. We talk about it and it's always nice because it always turns into a cool conversation. We don't fight over religion or views.

Thread Information