Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Herbert Hightower (46) committed suicide by hanging

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen Ross View Post
    My best guess is that things had gotten as much "better" as they were ever going to get for Wayne, and it still wasn't enough. He knew that his friends and family loved him, and he did try to rebuild his life. He just couldn't get past "that day."
    Thank you for sharing. I think this is an explanation that most people who hang around here can understand.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I feel for this guy so much. What a conflict he must have felt in his heart. Thank you to the people who have visited us to talk about him...I hope he has peace now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

From a member of Wayne's family

Wayne's cousin read this discussion, and she would like to add the family's voice:

I have stumbled across this site, and I feel some things need to be said.

I am Wayne's family. There are only a handful of us left. Us and our kids.

This will probably be pretty scattered - just letting you know.

The first thing I feel needs to be corrected is this: Wayne WAS still in contact with David, although very sporadically. Wayne had been out to see him, for the last time, in June 2011. Yes, Wayne did send him a "fuck you letter" ... it was sent Aug 1, 2012 (we have a copy of said letter).

Needless to say, Wayne's relationship with David was very strained, to say the least - but HE LOVED HIS SON. He LOVED the son he had. As for the son that exists today, in prison ... no one "knows" him. Wayne's biggest struggle was reconciling his feelings/love for David. The HARDEST thing for Wayne was hearing ANYONE talk shit about David - albeit ... who couldn't help themselves if they loved Wayne and Toy. Knowing exactly what his friends thought of David hurt Wayne so much more than any of his friends ever could possibly realize, which, by the way, hurts us - his family. David is OUR BLOOD TOO. You have to realize - we, Wayne's family - have been there 24/7 and have heard it all - all of his anger and rage and hurt and - anger at his friends for talking shit. Our family has been torn apart since the murder on Feb 26, 2003. Everyone has their opinion, and those opinions have caused ALL OF US to lose marriages, relationships, friends - you name it. NOW we have lost Wayne as well, although we lost him Feb 26, 2003 ... as well as Toy and David. THREE murders were committed that day.

No one can realize the pain and anguish that we (Wayne's family) have - dealing with the fact that our own blood committed such an act. Not even WE can realize the pain, anguish and struggle Wayne's been dealing with. And now Wayne has called it quits.

As Wayne stated to David, "What you have done to this family truly tests the bounds of forgiveness and unconditional love."

As for David posting on Wayne's memorial page - no one has to understand our reasoning for allowing it, or even like it. Hell - I don't think WE understand either. Would you understand if this was your family? Does anyone know for a fact what they would do / how they would react/act if this was your family? I have heard a gazillion times "if that was my son blah blah blah blah bullshit" ... I really doubt it. I really really doubt it. No one knows what they would do, or how they would feel, or how they would react until "IT" actually happens to you. I pray none of you ever have to face what our family has to face every single day since Feb 26, 2003, and I mean that sincerely.

Oh - and one more thing ... David never tried to pin the murder on Wayne.

I understand Wayne's friends are hurting, too, and I'm sorry ... but please remember - some of Wayne's, Toy's and David's family still exist.

However, after the way we were treated regarding Wayne's memorial - you'd never know it. We did not DECLINE ... we were SHOVED OUT of anything regarding his memorial. A little angry am I? You bet.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Aw, good thoughts to his cousin. She's right...I can't even begin to imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Very sad. I hope I never have to endure a fraction of the pain this family has been through.

I am glad he had people that cared about him.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    I'm still sad about this one.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Wow, I drive by there a lot as a back-way to get to college in downtown Fort Worth. This story is new to me, and I feel awful about what he had to go through.
    But I am relieved to see that so many people cared about him, and he knew it.
    There is so much emotion going through my head, trying to understand everything he had to endure and I can't even begin to explain how I feel.
    I hope he finally found peace with his soul mate.

This is such a sad story. Wayne sounded like he was an amazing man. I hope he's now at peace and with his beloved wife.

Majorly sad story, I used to live out there in that area as well.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Wow. This is a really sad one. That Man had to deal with daily torture.

I can respect what his family said above, however as they stated, people will have their opinions. Given the fact that it sounds like David never took responsibility or showed even an ounce of remorse I think he's a shit stain on society that should never see the light of day. Just because someone is your family doesn't mean that you owe them anything, including your love and acceptance. I've cut family members out of my life for MUCH MUCH less so I, for one, DO know what I'd do in a situation like this. Fuck that dude. I hope he rots in hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    What a horribly tragic story. RIP Herbert.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    What a horribly tragic story. RIP Herbert.
    Yeah. I feel horrible for him. He and Toy didn't deserve what that asshole did to them. And on top of that he's a skinhead. I hope he dies in a fire.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information