Thread: 2012 Sturgis rally tally

2012 Sturgis rally tally

A Wisconsin woman died and her husband received life-threatening injuries in a motorcycle crash Wednesday on Vanocker Canyon Road about two miles north of Nemo.

Marcia Lynn Rowin, 61, was a passenger on a 2005 Harley Davidson Road King motorcycle driven by Steven R. Rowin, 61. Both were from Madison, Wis. They were traveling south when two deer crossed the roadway. Steven Rowin lost control, and the motorcycle skidded into the west ditch. Neither rider was wearing a helmet.

They were taken to a Sturgis hospital and then transferred to a Rapid City hospital, where Marcia Rowin died of her injuries.

The South Dakota Highway Patrol is investigating. Lawrence County Sheriff?s Office, Nemo First Responders and Deadwood-Lead and Sturgis Ambulance assisted.
    http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/loc...e0bee3c61.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Fuck, that's sad and Is there no law there about helmets? not that helmets ensure you would live but they do help.
    A road king Is a big dang bike, that's sad they didn't get to do their run.
    Rip

If You are under 18 you are required to have a helmet. Many if not most Sturgis goers don't wear one.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Speed and alcohol were factors in the first two fatal motorcycle crashes of this year's Sturgis motorcycle rally.

On Sunday, a motorcycle driven by James Mills, 48, of Palestine, Ind. was traveling west on U.S. Highway 14 near Pioneer Drive in Spearfish, according to a news release from the South Dakota Department of Public Safety.

Mills applied his brakes, lost control and the bike slid on the road. He suffered fatal injuries in the crash.

On S.D. Highway 44, a motorcycle driven by a Minnesota man was traveling east on the highway and failed to negotiate a curve in the road, according to the news release. He lost control of the bike, went off the north side of the road and struck a delineator post. He received fatal injuries in the crash and was not wearing a helmet.

His name is being withheld pending the notification of family.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/sturgisr...61e938a2f.html

I hate this. My dad has been riding for 35 years. He rides and rides and rides with my mom on back and neither of them wear helmets. Extremely frustrating.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Speed and alcohol were factors in the first two fatal motorcycle crashes of this year's Sturgis motorcycle rally.

On Sunday, a motorcycle driven by James Mills, 48, of Palestine, Ind. was traveling west on U.S. Highway 14 near Pioneer Drive in Spearfish, according to a news release from the South Dakota Department of Public Safety.
    Say what?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

A motorcyclist was injured Friday after crashing into a wild turkey.

Around 6:20 p.m., Dennis Bauch, 56, of Cassville, Wis. was traveling east on S.D. Highway 44 near Dark Canyon Road when his motorcycle struck a turkey in the middle of the road, according to Tarah Heupel, spokeswoman for the Rapid City Police Department.

Bauch fell off the motorcycle, which skidded about 450 feet, Heupel said. The drive was taken to Rapid City Regional Hospital for treatment, she said.

The crash caused about $8,000 in damage to the bike, she said.
    http://rapidcityjournal.com/sturgisr...205d31091.html

The number of fatalities related to the rally are up to seven.

The Department of Public Safety reports, six fatal accidents and a total of seven fatalities.

164 DUI arrests are being reported so far. There have been nearly 3-thousand warnings issued and 19 felony drug arrests have taken place.

These are the details of the latest fatal crash: A Honda UTV, driven by John Teigen, from Belle Fourche traveling East on S.D. Highway 34 West of Belle Fourche, collided with a motorcycle, driven by Timothy Mueller, from Bloomfield NE.
    Advertise | AdChoices

Mueller was transported to Spearfish Regional Hospital where he died from his injuries.

The passenger on the motorcycle, Lori Miller, was transported to Rapid City Regional Hospital with serious, non-life threatening injuries.

The passenger in the UTV, Delane Nixon, from Belle Fourche, also died from his injuries. Teigen received serious injuries and was transported by life flight to the Rapid City Regional Hospital.

This crash is still under investigation and charges are pending against Teigen.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/48604088/n.../#.UCV5dKP1mIA

Thread Information