Thread: Chantal Kanezacek - Missing since July 14

Chantal Kanezacek - Missing since July 14

Barrie mom fears for missing daughter

BARRIE - Barrie's Rhoda Nasekapow has had many sleepless nights since her daughter Chantal Kanezacek left home July 1.
    Now that it's been more than a week since Nasekapow has heard from her teenaged daughter, she is anxious to know if her daughter is safe.
    On Canada Day weekend, a man who went by the name Dion had apparently hitchhiked from Vancouver to meet Chantal.
    "The day before Canada Day, they were here. I didn't let him stay here overnight, because I don't know him and I have three other little girls," said Nasekapow. "This was my first time seeing him and he wanted to stay here with us. (Chantal) had never mentioned him to me before."
    So 18-year-old Chantal and her male friend spent the night somewhere else, said Nasekapow
    The next day, Chantal came, packed her black and pink backpack and left.
    "She said 'I guess since you won't let us stay here, we've got to go someplace else'. I asked her why she was going with him ? she didn't even know this guy."
    Barrie police reported Chantal and the man were seen on the Duckworth Street on-ramp to Highway 400 July 1.
    Since then, Nasekapow has had various texts from her daughter, including one July 6 or 7 that said ?Mom help me, if you don't get me out of here, I'll get killed.?
    Nasekapow showed the text to police. She said that was the one that scared her the most.
    "Her friends have been trying to text her, and they leave messages online daily. But there's nothing. Even her ex-boyfriend has texted her and she still wouldn't text him back."
    The last contact was July 14, said Nasekapow.
    "She asked me if I called (her ex), and that was all."
    Nasekapow said her daughter is the type of person who would ask for help if it was needed. "She's never run away before, she's always phoned me from wherever she is.?
    Then all of a sudden it just stopped.
    "I want her to call or come to the police station to say that she's OK. But she won't go to the police station."
    With a phone that uses prepaid cards, Nasekapow is contemplating putting more time on her daughter's phone herself, because the teen didn't have a lot of money.
    Barrie police said the last information they received about her whereabouts was July 17, where she was believed to be in the Sturgeon Falls area around 1:40 p.m.
    Nasekapow said Chantal has three little sisters and a younger brother that are missing her.
    She's asking the public to look at her daughter's picture and report if they've seen her. "I want her picture to be seen. This is getting to really bother me."
    Chantal Kanezacek was an alternative model before she left home, and on the Model Mayhem website and on Facebook, she uses the name Chantal Lynn Sky.
    But there hasn't been any activity on those profiles since at least July 14.
    Nasekapow said her daughter has never been in trouble before.
    Chantal had dropped out of Eastview Secondary School this year, but was supposed to start again in September.
    She was wearing black and white shoes, black pants and a black jean jacket. She has long brown hair and a pierced lip, and a Hello Kitty tattoo on the right side of her stomach.
    Anyone with information about her disappearance can call 705-726-0573.

Chantal is a good friend of mine, and this is completely unlike her

Her mom says she called her ex boyfriend yesterday to tell him she's alive and ok, but didn't tell him where she is.

How scary & weird. Why would she call her ex but not her mom?

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by jnicole View Post
    Because she's a (adjective deleted) teenager. WTF is she thinking? Famous, I'm so sorry about your friend and I hope she is found safe...and very soon.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Because she's a (adjective deleted) teenager. WTF is she thinking? Famous, I'm so sorry about your friend and I hope she is found safe...and very soon.
    This is completely out of character for her :/. She ran off with a guy she just met, she won't tell anyone where she is, and she texted her mom on july 6 "Mom help me, if you don't get me out of here, I'll get killed" was still texting her mom up until the 14, then yesterday calls her ex and says I'm alive and ok and hung up....it's all very weird to say the least.

Anymore news?

Quote Originally Posted by jnicole View Post
    I'm guessing her home life was less than ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Amusedtdth View Post
    Anymore news?
    Nope, the last news about her is that she called her ex-boyfriend and told him she was alive and ok but didn't say where she was. That was July 27th, no one has heard from her since :/.

Is this even real? I tried to find an update and the ONLY mention of this girl on the entire world wide web, is this site. And the article isn't linked to a source either.
    Lurker checking in.

Ugh, never mind. I ggogled the mom and realized the girls name is wrong on here.
    Lurker checking in.

Since I already bumped up an old thread, might as well share this. Here is her mom:
    https://www.facebook.com/rhoda.nasekapow

And here is her mom's "fianc?"

https://www.facebook.com/davey.loverhoda.1

Does this just not scream fake profile?? I don't get it, this whole thing is weird.
    Lurker checking in.

Quote Originally Posted by YayMe View Post
    Ugh, never mind. I ggogled the mom and realized the girls name is wrong on here.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by FamousLastWords View Post
    Barrie mom fears for missing daughter

Chantal is a good friend of mine, and this is completely unlike her
    Was your friend ever actually located or seen again? I mean, I know she apparently sent a text message to her ex bf to say she was okay, but did she ever return, or did her family ever hear from her again? I grew up in Barrie, and was looking for information about an old case from years ago when I came across this thread. The fact that she sent that message about how she was going to be killed, and then suddenly was apparently okay and it appears the issue of her being missing was all dropped just doesn't sit well with me. I tried googling for more information, but she doesn't appear to exist at all after she disappeared. There does not seem to be any more information about her since that time, or activity on social media or any sort of trail you would expect an 18-year-old to leave on the internet.

Her Mum made a post saying Chantal called her on August 10 2012. She doesn't say anything else about her after that.

Rhoda Nasekapow
    August 10, 2012 at 10:21am ?
    Today is a nice day my daughter called she is doing ok .. i thank god for her safe .. thats the first i heard her voice for a long time .. my god am so relief my friends am just so very happy .. to heard her..

Soooooo weird. I messaged FamousLastWords on FB to see if Chantal was found.

https://www.facebook.com/chantal.fox.56 Pretty sure this is her...

That is great! She's a little traveller. Happy for her and her Mum. Thanks Lisa Casey.

You got it!

Thanks Olivia and Lisa! That definitely does seem to be her. I'm glad that whatever that one text was about, she was actually okay. :)

Thread Information