Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1318

Thread: James Holmes (24) murdered 12 people at a midnight premiere of Batman - The Dark Knight Rises

Did we learn nothing from how many times Batman pardoned the Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    They're also asking that he go straight to the psych ward, with no trial.

I'm sorry, but this shit hit too close to home for me.

Crazy? Sure. But a hell of a lot of planning went into that crazy, which kinda dilutes that crazy in my eyes.
    I thought the same thing at first. The diseased brain wouldn't be able to do that amount of preplanning. I was wrong. This guy was young and smart. He had those two factors working in his favor.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I can't imagine what it would be like to know your own child did such a thing......so for that reason, I say they are entitled to their opinions on what they hope will happen to their son.

But...what is bothersome is that they have never said anything publicly until just now- publishing a letter in the Denver Post shortly after jury summons for this trial have been sent out. And that makes it look like an attempt to sway the people who may end up on the jury. I think that is different than just expressing their own opinions.

But again... I am not the parent of a mass murderer... so I really have no idea how I would feel or act if I was in their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I thought the same thing at first. The diseased brain wouldn't be able to do that amount of preplanning. I was wrong. This guy was young and smart. He had those two factors working in his favor.
    Yeah, as mentioned previously in this thread, being insane doesn't preclude the ability of foresight and planning. And it's often simultaneous with extreme intelligence. Too much information, wires crossing.

Still wonder what this kid has to say. What makes him different from the anger/hate-filled shooters is that he just wanted to create some chaos. That shit is scary. That is much scarier than people with motives. We're lucky that morality or whatever keeps most people in check from feeling this way.

Trial not being delayed (as per judge)

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/judge-...oting-trial-2/

Trial is being live streamed on WAT right now. In case anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Really? Might tune in. We had friends of family at the theater that night. They're all OK, but it did make for a horrifying morning until my daughter heard from them.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Yeah, the judge just went over the admonishments. Expect opening statements next.

I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

That 911 call with the gunshots going on was pretty powerful in the opening statement.

holy shit, i didn't know he disclosed basically everything he was planning to do to many people, many times but still managed to avoid being stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    holy shit, i didn't know he disclosed basically everything he was planning to do to many people, many times but still managed to avoid being stopped.
    Yeah, this is a very interesting opening argument. I didn't know that either.

he made a full scale mousetrap in his apartment? what?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    he made a full scale mousetrap in his apartment? what?
    He had thermite. That stuff is almost hotter than the sun. It melts steel into liquid quickly.

Magnesium to prevent water from extinguishing the fire

This guy knew what he was doing.

We already knew that, though. He plotted this for a while. And yet it took way longer to get this to trial than the Boston Bomber, even though he killed a lot more people.

ugh. I "enjoyed" if you can call it that, listening to the prosecution. But I may have to cut someone if the defense is going to read too much from the notebook.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

It has to be hard to find evidence that Holmes was insane. I'm sure you will hear more ramblings of his notebook sprinkled throughout this trial.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    It has to be hard to find evidence that Holmes was insane. I'm sure you will hear more ramblings of his notebook sprinkled throughout this trial.
    lol but those two statements contradict each other.

I think the problem is going to be the definition of insane. Was he insane, fuck yeah, duh, a normal person doesn't do this. Was he so insane that it clouded his judgement and directed his course of action, that he felt he was doing something to protect himself? NOpe. He's crazy, but not in a way he can't control.

lol but those two statements contradict each other.

I think the problem is going to be the definition of insane. Was he insane, fuck yeah, duh, a normal person doesn't do this. Was he so insane that it clouded his judgement and directed his course of action, that he felt he was doing something to protect himself? NOpe. He's crazy, but not in a way he can't control.
    I guess they kind of do contradict. Got my thoughts mixed up. I'm listening to this defense guy drone on and on. Here we go, mentioning his childhood.

I think he's mentally ill and I'd be pleased to see him hospitalized and treated for his illness. I think no purpose will be served to throw him in prison.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I think he's mentally ill and I'd be pleased to see him hospitalized and treated for his illness. I think no purpose will be served to throw him in prison.
    Really? I think he's mentally ill in that he is a psychopath.

I don't get why we execute the Boston Bomber and that trial is ten seconds long but this one we're drawing out and really weighing.

This guy terrorized the country and will be the inspiration for other lunatics. Fuck him.

I mean, I do know why. We can't blame Islam in this case.

I agree with this. Completely. His form of crazy is the scariest form of crazy out there because he's so highly functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Really? I think he's mentally ill in that he is a psychopath.

I don't get why we execute the Boston Bomber and that trial is ten seconds long but this one we're drawing out and really weighing.

This guy terrorized the country and will be the inspiration for other lunatics. Fuck him.

I mean, I do know why. We can't blame Islam in this case.
    Oh I'd lock BB up too. But he doesn't strike me as crazy. He had his reasons for doing what he did (wrong headed to be sure) but in as much as any terrorist is sane, BB is. He should go to jail for the crime he committed.

I'm not in favor of the death penalty for anyone, so what do you do with Holmes?

He's a raving lunatic and if we had a decent mental health system in this country (Thanks Ronnie) he might well have been hospitalized before he hurt anyone.

Well, he definitely believes he belongs in Arkham Asylum.

ETA honestly I don't think believing in killing people to appease allah is any more sane or rationally thought out than just HEY I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE.

Thread Information