Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: James Holmes (24) murdered 12 people at a midnight premiere of Batman - The Dark Knight Rises

James Holmes (24) murdered 12 people at a midnight premiere of Batman - The Dark Knight Rises

Starting a thread here to gather names, FBs. I just heard on the news that the shooter is 24 yr old James Holmes. They are also reporting 12 not 14 dead at this time.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/col...ing/index.html

(CNN) -- A heavily armed gunman killed at least 14 people and wounded 50 more during an early Friday morning screening of the new Batman movie at an Aurora, Colorado, theater, police Chief Dan Oates told reporters.
    Police arrested a man believed to be the shooter in a rear parking lot of the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman, told CNN. The suspect was not immediately identified, though Fania said he was believed to be in his early 20s.
    "He did not resist. He did not put up a fight," Fania said. Police seized a rifle and a handgun from the suspect, and another gun was found in the theater, he said.

More at the link.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 07-20-2012 at 10:49 AM.

12 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater during Batman - The Dark Knight Rises midnight premiere

A heavily armed gunman killed at least 14 people and wounded 50 more during an early Friday morning screening of the new Batman movie at an Aurora, Colorado, theater, police Chief Dan Oates told reporters.

Police arrested a man believed to be the shooter in a rear parking lot of the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman, told CNN. The suspect was not immediately identified, though Fania said he was believed to be in his early 20s.

"He did not resist. He did not put up a fight," Fania said. Police seized a rifle and a handgun from the suspect, and another gun was found in the theater, he said.

Oates said there was no evidence of a second gunman, and FBI spokesman Jason Pack said it did not appear the incident was related to terrorism.

President Barack Obama issued a statement saying he and first lady Michelle Obama were "shocked and saddened" by the shooting and pledged the administration's support for victims of the shooting.

"As we do when confronted by moments of darkness and challenge, we must now come together as one American family," it said.

Chaos broke out during the showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" at the Century Aurora 16 theater when the shooting began, police and witnesses said.

Witnesses told KUSA that the gunman kicked in an emergency exit door and threw a smoke bomb into the darkened theater before opening fire.

One movie-goer, who was not identified, told KUSA the gunman was wearing a gas mask.

Some people in the audience thought the thick smoke and gunfire was a special effect accompanying the movie, police and witnesses said.

"We just heard a pop, pop, pop, pop," said Quentin Caldwell, who was attending the Batman showing in an adjacent theater.

Cell phone video taken by someone at the theater showed scores of people screaming and fleeing the building. Some had blood on their clothes.

One police officer carried a girl believed to be about 9 with gunshot wounds to her back out of the theater, a witness said. "She wasn't moving."

Authorities also have evacuated the suspect's Aurora apartment building after "he made a statement about explosives" in his unit, Oates said.

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents have searched the suspect's car and went to his home to search for explosives, agency spokesman Tom Mangan said. They also are conducting emergency traces on the weapons used to see how they were obtained, he said.

Of the wounded, at least 20 were being treated at the University of Colorado Hospital, said spokeswoman Jacque Montgomery. All of the wounded suffered from gunshot wounds, which ranged from minor to critical, she said.

"They're arriving by police, by ambulance. Some are walking in," she said.

Ten people were killed in the theater and another four died at area hospitals, Oates said.

Hundreds of police officers descended on the theater, and the FBI has joined the investigation.

"We were calling for help from every police and fire agency," Fania said.

Aurora, a Denver suburb, is about 13 miles from Littleton, Colorado -- site of the April 1999 Columbine High School massacre.

In that incident, two teenage students, Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris, armed themselves with guns and bombs and opened fire inside the high school. They killed 13 people and wounding 23 others before killing themselves.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/col...ing/index.html

EDIT: NEW: Police revise death toll estimate downward, to 12 @ 5:27 am PDT
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 07-20-2012 at 04:28 AM.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Suspect in Aurora Shooting - 1 suspect arrested in Denver area mass shooting involving gunman who wore gas mask
    POSTED: 05:29 AM MDT Jul 20, 2012 UPDATED: 06:14 AM MDT Jul 20, 2012

Police have said little about the gas mask-wearing suspect arrested in connection with a mass shooting in the Denver suburb of Aurora. He has been identified as James Holmes, 24, of North Aurora.

Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates says witnesses reported the person released some type of a canister, then they heard a hissing sound and saw a gas — and then the gunman started shooting.

Officers found the suspect near a car behind the theater and also located a gas mask, rifle, handgun and at least another weapon.

Police haven't indicated if there was a motive.

Oates says the suspect talked about the possibility of explosives at his apartment, so other residents of the building were evacuated. He says police also checked for explosives in the parking lot and at the theater.
    http://www.krdo.com/news/Suspect-in-...z/-/index.html
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Numbers of dead and injured are changing.

12 people were killed and at least 38 injured after a shooting at an Aurora movie theater during the midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises".

The shooting happened at the Century 16 Movie Theaters at the Aurora Town Center in theater 9.

Authorities said a man wearing a gas mask and bulletproof vest appeared in front of the theater. He was armed with a rifle and handgun.

According to police, he set off a smoke grenade and then started firing.

Bullets apparently went through a wall and injured people in theater 8.

Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said one suspect in custody. He is James Holmes, 24, of North Aurora.

FBI investigators have been searching the suspect's apartment complex. It was evacuated and authorities said they found explosives in his apartment.

A spokeswoman for Swedish Hospital said the hospital went on alert at 1:15 a.m. and began calling in extra staff.

Swedish Hospital received three patients, all of them with gunshot wounds. Two patients were in surgery as of 4 a.m.

Those victims are a 20-year-old woman and a 29-year-old man. Both were in critical condition and in surgery at 4 a.m., according to a hospital spokeswoman. The third victim was treated and released.

University Hospital said it has 20 victims with minor to severe injuries.

The victims taken to University Hospital are mostly adults, but some are teenagers. Children's Hospital told our sister station, KMGH, is treating six victims from the theaters. They range in age from three months old to 31.

A bulletin was issued to other police agencies throughout the metro area warning them of the possibility of similar incidences in theaters in their cities.

If you are concerned about a loved one who may have been at the movie theater, call 303-739-6000.

"Everybody thought it was fireworks," said Chris Jones, one of the people in theater 9.

Jones said he didn't see the gunman, he only saw a spark in the corner of the theater." The lights never came on," Jones said.

"When the shooting cleared, we just ran. When we got outside, it was chaos." Jones said he thought it was someone playing around.

After he realized it wasn't stopping and people were screaming, he got on the ground. Jones said he heard 20 to 30 rounds in a minute or two.

Another witness told KMGH, the shooting happened during a battle scene on screen so it took some time to realize that is wasn't part of the special effects.

That witness told KMGH the gunman walking in toward the front of the theater and fired into the back of the theater. The witness said as theatergoers left, there was gas in the lobby.

Outside they saw people dragging victims out of the theater. Laurie told KMGH she was in the theater next door, when the shooting started." There was a shooting scene in the movie, at the same time, there was a gun shot, a real one," Laurie told KMGH.

Laurie said when her friend turned towards her, part of a bullet had hit her friend in the mouth. Laurie and she and her friend ran out the exit doors and saw people running and screaming. She said her friend is okay.
    http://www.krdo.com/news/12-dead-38-...u/-/index.html

Two federal officials tell NBC News the suspect in the Colorado movie theater mass shooting is James Holmes, born December 13, 1987.
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...urora-colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Unfuckingbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Oops, I created a thread in Additional Info right around the same time you created this one.

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    Oops, I created a thread in Additional Info right around the same time you created this one.
    I merged them for us. I meant to put in Additional Info so it's all good.

Youngest 3 months. Sigh.

I really want to know the motive on this one. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Youngest 3 months. Sigh.

I really want to know the motive on this one. Ugh.
    (Why was a 3 month old at a midnight showing of a movie?)

I wonder where the blame will shift from. Will the media blame it on comic books, movies, or will they find a copy of Call of Duty in his apartment?

( I was wondering the same about the 3 month old)

horrible wonder why someone would even do that,

First identified victim is allegedly: Jessica Redfield, a sports blogger, she was tweeting from the theater.

Can anyone find a Facebook for her?

I can't do much from phone or work but
    http://fangsbites.com/2012/07/rip-jessica-redfield/

That link dates her actual last name is ghawi.

That is it Cap'n - it links to her Twitter account's e-mail.

Three month old baby is said to be injured - injuries are not considered to be life threatening.

3 month old baby was released from the hospital.
    More about Jessica Redfield- http://deadspin.com/5927673?utm_camp...ium=socialflow
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Jessica's last blog was about the June mall shootings in Toronto last month. She was there just minutes before the shooting happened.

"Late Night Thoughts on the Eaton Center Shooting" located here: http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com...nter-shooting/

I don't get why that random person called @jessespector an asshole? How the hell would he know she got shot...he probably sent that tweet right after hers, and the shooting wasn't for another 50 minutes.

Anyway, redditor says he was there, has pictures...
    http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/co...remier/c5gpz7b

His pictures: http://imgur.com/a/vtMhj

That's some Final Destination shit.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    As far as the three month old, when my daughter was that age she could sleep through anything so I could see maybe taking her to a late movie so she would be asleep anyway. Of course, if she woke up, I would have been prepared to leave. I have some friends with a super chill 5 month old and they take him to stuff all the time and he wears noise cancelling headphones and sleeps like a rock. My daughter saw Glee when she was like 6 months old at the theatre and slept through most of it and when she did wake up, she enjoyed just sitting there watching it.

This is a sick crime. I was so disgusted when I heard about it this morning. All those people wanted to do was see a movie, and someone has to just show up and kill them for no reason. (I'm sure he thinks he has some random ass reasoning, but it makes NO SENSE.)

Thread Information