Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cassia Rott died ten days after giving birth to triplets, and she leaves behind five children

Cassia Rott died ten days after giving birth to triplets, and she leaves behind five children

Casi and Joey Rott should be enjoying life at home as a busy family of seven following the birth of their triplets in January.

But instead Mr Rott, from the US town of Clay Center, Kansas, is facing life as a single father of five after his wife died less than two weeks after giving birth to her youngest children.

Mrs Rott had been on bedrest in the weeks leading up to the caesarean section delivery of triplets Asher, Levi and Piper, at 34 weeks gestation on January 29.

A week after the delivery Mrs Rott began suffering from severe chest pains and was taken back to hospital, where a CT scan revealed a large blood clot on her lungs.

After undergoing a barrage of tests, Mrs Rott was finally allowed to go home to spend time with her two eldest children, aged 6 and 2, and prepare for the triplets to come home.

But shortly after arriving home, Mrs Rott began to have more chest pains.

"She got to spend four hours here tiding up the nursery how she wanted it," Mr Rott told KWCH.

"I brought the two girls back here at 5 o'clock. She got to hug them, kiss them and love on them for about five minutes before the issues started.

"I thought we had her all checked out, she was on the medication she needed to be on. Basically the same thing happened again."

Mr Rott rushed his wife to hospital, but she died from what doctors believe was a second blood clot just hours after developing the pain on February 8.

The mum had only been able to hold her newborn triplets in hospital just once a few days earlier on February 5.

"The worst part of my life and the best part of my life happened the same week," a devastated Mr Rott, 33, said.

Mr Rott described his wife as the most loving person he had ever met and said she lived for her children.

"She'll just be missed so much," he said. "Never in my life have I met a soul as kind as she was."

Mr Rott is now focussing on his children and relying on the support of the local community as he struggles to come to terms with the sudden loss of his wife.

"The community has been incredible," Mr Rott told ABC news. "It's one big reason we moved back here."

Mrs Rott worked as a secretary at a local elementary school and friends there said she would be missed by staff and students alike.

"When we got the call we were all devastated," Mrs Rott's colleague Carissa Williams said.

"It's really tough for the kids because they thought of her as a friend. She was who they went to for everything."

Family friend Hilary Thompson set up a GoFundMe page to help the family, and it has already raised more than $84,000.

"I have 16-month-old triplets," Thompson told ABC. "She was very excited to tell us before they announced it to everybody else that they were having triplets.

"They're a very precious family and it's a very tough deal."

Read more: http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/life...#ixzz42NBdnN8T

https://www.facebook.com/cassia.rott?pnref=lhc

https://www.facebook.com/Casis-Tripl...8123152737780/

Cassia ?Casi? Rott, a mother, wife and resident of Clay Center, KS, died unexpectedly on February 8, 2016 at the age of 36.

Casi is survived by her husband, Joey Rott; her children, Chloe Wren, Tenley Rose, Asher Lea, Levi Charles and Piper Jean; her parents, Chadd and Cynthia Harris; and sister Charissa Harris. By marriage, she is survived by mother- and father-in-law Charles and Barbara Rott; siblings Jeremy and Micah Rott, Kimbrey and Jeff Hinton, and Brady and Kylie Rott. She was aunt to nine nieces and nephews: Silas, Jonas and Corinne Rott; Reece, Carly and Charlie Hinton; and Lilah, Graham and Owen Rott.

Casi was born in Liberal, Kansas on September 25, 1979. She was raised in Olathe, Kansas and attended school at Olathe South High School. After graduation, she worked at Garmin where she and Joey met. On May 13, 2006, they were married and moved to Joey?s hometown of Clay Center, Kansas within the year. Together, they purchased and renovated their dream farmhouse and created a home to grow their family. On September 22, 2008 and December 6, 2013 respectively, they welcomed two beautiful daughters, Chloe and Tenley, who were the most important part of Casi life. On January 29, 2016, they celebrated the joyful birth of beautiful, healthy triplets: Asher, Levi and Piper.

Casi was a devoted mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend and aunt. She worked as a secretary for the USD 379 School Board Office and then at Garfield School and was a member of S.S. Peter and Paul Catholic Church. She enjoyed many various hobbies including crocheting, sewing, gardening and art. She was a talented homemaker and cook, loved to travel and also had a great love for the outdoors, including hunting with Joey. She was known for her loving heart, her laugh, her creative soul and her zest for life. She will be deeply missed by her friends, family, and all who knew her.

Funeral Services will be held on Friday, February 12, 2016 at 3:00 PM at the SS Peter and Paul Catholic Church in Clay Center, Kansas.

Officiating the service will be The Rev. Randall Weber.

Burial will be in Greenwood Cemetery, Clay Center, Kansas.

Visitation will be held on Thursday, February 11, 2016 from 3-8 PM at SS. Peter and Paul Catholic Church.

Memorials: Casi Rott memorial fund c/o the funeral home.

http://www.nsrfh.com/home/index.cfm/...047/id/3595882

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016..._five_children
    Last edited by Olivia; 03-15-2016 at 05:12 PM.

So very sad.

I wonder if they had a gofundme for the fertility treatments.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Olivia ~ you have to stop it with all these sad stories.

OMG. How tragic for her husband and family. I wonder why she was allowed to go home like that after one blood clot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Olivia ~ you have to stop it with all these sad stories.

OMG. How tragic for her husband and family. I wonder why she was allowed to go home like that after one blood clot.
    I wonder if she had insurance?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I wonder if she had insurance?
    Well, since they are asking for donations, I'd guess not. She was a secretary at an elementary school for what that's worth.

One of my friends, Carrie, died during childbirth a couple years ago because a clot went to her brain. We were told that it was so sudden that she didn't feel pain, but the suddenness of her death hit like a brick to all my friends heads. She never got to hold the kid she was so excited to be having and her husband is picking up the pieces and raising their daughter on his own (and doing well at it).

It's so emotionally brutal to see a new mom die like that when only one kid was involved, but triplets and two older girls...damn.

Reading the article made me flash back to the night I was told my friend died. It still tears at my heart thinking about Carrie.

I'm glad that there seems to be a gigantic support group for this family. It's sorely needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    There's nothing that indicates that they did fertility treatments? It might not be very common, but you can conceive triplets naturally. I have an uncle who can't keep his pants on, and he's managed to produce 2 sets of twins, and a set of triplets without any fertility treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by statro View Post
    There's nothing that indicates that they did fertility treatments? It might not be very common, but you can conceive triplets naturally. I have an uncle who can't keep his pants on, and he's managed to produce 2 sets of twins, and a set of triplets without any fertility treatments.
    We might be related, as that sounds like one of my family members!

My mom had my twin and I, then after she had my younger sister she got pregnant with twins again. No fertility. (One miscarried in the womb, she had to give birth to the other who died not long after birth)

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I guess 1 in 8100 ain't that bad odds, all things considered.

According to facebook, it looks like the husband has a very decent job. At least enough to take vacations. One to Punta Mita, Nayarit, St. Louis, St. Kitt, Mexico, then Canada. They had their honeymoon in Aruba. They had enough money to buy a farm, tractor, add an extension of a 2-car garage,and some gemthermol heating. Looks like they've been renovating their house, room by room. It looks nice. They invested in about 300 trees for their orchards, chickens, ducks, vegatable gardens, etc...

dad's facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/joey.rott

I can't swear to it, but I bet they have insurance. Even with insurance they still might have high medical costs.
    Why are they asking for money? IDK, but I would guess dad will have a long road ahead of him. If he doesn't have a family member that will help, he most likely will have to hire somebody to help him with all the kids. (But my guess....it seems like he has an amazing family, so I think he will have help)

Looking at the GoFundMe this morning, it is definitely bringing in some change: https://www.gofundme.com/k4nwkawc

This story made my heart hurt.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Insurance or not, giving birth ain't cheap. Multiply it by 3 plus all the high risk appointments followed by a couple visits to the ER, tests and funeral costs before even attempting to raise 5 children, 3 of which are newborns and that's pretty overwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Insurance or not, giving birth ain't cheap. Multiply it by 3 plus all the high risk appointments followed by a couple visits to the ER, tests and funeral costs before even attempting to raise 5 children, 3 of which are newborns and that's pretty overwhelming.
    The reason I mentioned insurance is that without Insurance you get bounced out of the hospital pretty quickly, and she might well have survived if she'd gotten better medical supervision.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Although it is possible to do it naturally, I am also side eyeing it. She was 35 when she conceived. I know Women that have trouble conceiving even one at that age. It doesn't make it any less tragic, but I'm just letting you know that I don't think this observation is unfounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    The reason I mentioned insurance is that without Insurance you get bounced out of the hospital pretty quickly, and she might well have survived if she'd gotten better medical supervision.
    That isn't true at all. While it does sound odd to me that she left the hospital so quickly, lack of insurance would not get her booted from the hospital if she had a blood clot.

True, Jeneris. Even those with insurance sometimes will be discharged a bit too early than they should be. I know because I used to work as a Nurse Case Manager. The hospital wanted discharge planning to start from the time a patient was admitted and it was difficult to get insurance companies to agree to extended lengths of stay ~ even for conditions such as the one Cassia had, as technically once they are stabilized they can be followed through Home Health upon discharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Although it is possible to do it naturally, I am also side eyeing it. She was 35 when she conceived. I know Women that have trouble conceiving even one at that age. It doesn't make it any less tragic, but I'm just letting you know that I don't think this observation is unfounded.
    While Advanced maternal age can make it harder to conceive it also puts you at higher risk for spontaneous fraternal multiples. As does having other kids. There are a lot of misconceptions about multiple pregnancies.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    While Advanced maternal age can make it harder to conceive it also puts you at higher risk for spontaneous fraternal multiples. As does having other kids. There are a lot of misconceptions about multiple pregnancies.
    I gotcha and I'm not saying that it wasn't natural, I just thought people kind of piled on to her when it wasn't exactly a far fetched assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneris View Post
    That isn't true at all. While it does sound odd to me that she left the hospital so quickly, lack of insurance would not get her booted from the hospital if she had a blood clot.
    Not if they knew she had a blood clot, no. But people with insurance certainly have more control over the length of their hospital stays and sometimes get better quality of care. For all we know she had great insurance and/or chose to leave the hospital asap to get home to her other kids or to get out of an unrestfull environment. But. My niece just recently had her second child. Niece and her hubby have great insurance. Nieces sister in law also had her second child at the same hospital a few weeks later. They have no insurance and don't qualify for medicaid. Niece got to stay about 36 hours after the birth. Her SIL was bounced out in 6 hours. She was told that if she'd had insurance they'd have wanted her to stay a little while longer, but...

I gotcha and I'm not saying that it wasn't natural, I just thought people kind of piled on to her when it wasn't exactly a far fetched assumption.
    I totally understand. But don't mind me. I'm pregnant with twins and I get some weird questions and comments so I guess I try to Give people more info when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    I totally understand. But don't mind me. I'm pregnant with twins and I get some weird questions and comments so I guess I try to Give people more info when I can.
    Congrats on the Twins! I guess it must get annoying when people assume IVF when you tell them. So many use IVF these days that people forget that multiple births are also a natural occurrence lol.

Congrats on the Twins! I guess it must get annoying when people assume IVF when you tell them. So many use IVF these days that people forget that multiple births are also a natural occurrence lol.
    Thanks! People always ask, "do they run in your family?" And I tell them they didn't and then hey think that opens it up for them to ask if I used fertility treatments hahaha! And even though I say no they say something that insinuates I wanted twins or did something to conceive twins on purpose. Other people like yourself are polite and normal hahahaha!

Thread Information