Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Blake Fomby aka Mr. Formaldehyde (27) passed away in his sleep

God, I hope they find out what happened to him soon.. his poor family. Hopefully he was never in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_XO View Post
    Fuckfuckfuck. Yes, Mr. F.

Brie found this, http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...llypwned/page3
    He was a Cowboys fan (if I read correctly, he moderated on that Cowboys forum posted up there) but also hung out on that Redskins forum and was very well liked and respected.

joshskeety
    The Cheerleader

Default Re: R.I.P. Royallypwned

Just to let everyone know. I attended Blake's funeral this morning. It was a very somber funeral. The stories they told about him were amazing. He was very active in community service. His senior year of high school he volunteered 750 hours helping fit shoes for the needy in Dallas County.. There were so many stories, too many to share..

Btw.. The attention about how one guy's life brought 2 rival forum's together has not gone unnoticed. From my understanding there will be an article of some sort in the Cowboys weekly magazine about how he touched so many lives on both sides of the fence. I was highly surprised to find that this is being talked about in higher circles than just in the blogesphere..

In other words, Blake was able to do something on our forum's did when Sean Taylor died, yet RP was no football player, he was just a fan of a game and a fan of people..

In 4 weeks training camps will start, the feud between you guys and us will commence like it does every year.. We will debate RGIII vs. Romo, whose defense is the best, curse the refs when (Enter team here) doesn't win, and blame our coaching staffs when stuff doesn't go the way we expect it to.

But I think we leave with a better knowledge of ourselves.. Hate is a strong word and although we will hate each other's teams for eternity, it doesn't mean I will hate the other teams fans (exception a few misguided Eagle fans.. shhh!).. In all Blake taught me that if not for the Redskins, the Cowboy's just could not exist the way they do and vice versa. This rivalry is the most watched in sports minus maybe the Yanks and Red Sox and if you look at the numbers that is another debate for another time.. Blake knew that, understood that one can't live without the other.. Ying and Yang.. He found great respect for the Redskins and its fan base and I have found respect for it as well.. Its awesome to look at all of you and instead of seeing blood thirsty zombies, ya'll are just like us.. Humanity in its simplest form.

I am hoping to put closer, yet never forgetting what all of us has learned through this tragedy.. At CF we have never turned away a fan of another team (Minus the trolls of course like you guys do here as well) and I know each of you have a home here, but what Im trying to say as rivals we may be, but each of you are ALWAYS welcome over at the CF and I would be PROUD to call you guys my friends.. That is the way Blake would have wanted it..

See ya'll in battle in a few weeks.. Have a GREAT season.. Beat the Giants twice and the Eagles twice for us (Unless of course there are playoff implications.. hahahahaha) and if not, just make sure and get a few good shots to Michael Vick for us..

Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.. I will never forget the week that we all came together for him..

OH!!! And Ill be back when the articles comes out in the Cowboys weekly so other fans can see a man who brought us all together for a little while..

GOD BLESS..
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_XO View Post
    Life is so short and unfair.
    It's so bizarre to feel so much sadness over someone you never really "met". Ugh. :(
    I don't think it's as bizarre as one would imagine. We're like a large dysfunctional family here, lol, and Blake was a part of it.

What's really neat is that the link you put that Brie found was from a Redskins forum (arch rivals of the Cowboys) and there is nothing but pages and pages of posts about how much respect people had for him cause he was a classy rival fan and not a douchebag shit talker. He really was a class act.
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

It's also kind of scary. he always struck me as a really healthy guy.

I think this was from the Cowboys forum, reposted in the Redskins forum; it's from Blake's dad. So, so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by blakef_dad View Post
    I thought your write up was very good. His mother and I of course read every word of it and every word of everything others have written. The thoughts and prayers conveyed in the various posts are very comforting to us. I find it extraordinary that the Redskins posters were so kind and appreciative of Blake and his spirit of fair competition and respect. This makes us, as parents, very proud of him and gives us peace in knowing that he was a loving and caring soul. I am soon going to be printing out the various posts and copying them to a pdf file so that his little niece or nephew (we don't yet know the gender of Elizabeth and Brian's unborn child) so they might know what a terrific uncle he would have been.

From now on, everyone, everytime you get the chance tell your parents how much you appreciate them and love them. It means the world to them. I am sure you will be pleased with the love you receive in return.
    The most recent update was that he died in his sleep and they're still waiting on the m.e. Someone said it could be anything - a heart deformity he didn't know about or sleep apnea.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Oh my God Blake. He was such a great person. We used to talk quite often, he was so nice. Jeez how awful

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    Tom fucking Landry. He would so love that pic. That's how much of a fan he was.
    Congratulations. You've found the secret MDS signature. Please send your answers to "Old Blue", care of the funny farm, Chalford...

Another post on that forum said it will take 8-10 weeks to find out what happened, but it was definitely accidental.

Only 5 days after turning 28. Jesus.

I found another post where they were told that the m.e. said it could take 8-10 weeks to have a final analysis but that it was definitely accidental.

Not sure what the hell that means.

Oh jeez. Hi Ang!!!

I'm thinking we should do a memorial page for him instead of a standard death thread. But it might be weird for his family to get something from, you know, MDS.

I am so weirded out right now.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    I think by accidental they just mean not suicide.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

I think that's a great idea. But like you, I'm not sure what would be appropriate.
    I want to, but they seem to be really proud of the posts on the football forums, we're a little...different.

I'm thinking we should do a memorial page for him instead of a standard death thread. But it might be weird for his family to get something from, you know, MDS.
    I was thinking it would be awkward too, but I think we should definitely find a way to reach out to his family and send our condolences. Just leave the name of the forum out.

Maybe just do a thread in Preemie? We may be different but he was still one of us. I think he'd be pissed if we didn't.

A memorial page here? Like on the front. I think that would be sweet and appropriate but yeah, they might get weirded out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I think by accidental they just mean not suicide.
    That's how I took it too.

Wow, so sad. I remember his huge hate for dbd and always laughed at his smites.
    Rip mr. f.

Blake just turned 27, not 28. Jesus this is really fucking with me right now. I haven't talked to him in forever, but back in the day he was one of the funniest people here.

I was thinking more along the lines of reaching his parents directly, by mail or something, and having us just be known as "Friends of Blake".

Yeah, and I would agree that maybe his memorial page should be premium only. Just comprise stuff he contributed and stuff like that.

Yeah, and I would agree that maybe his memorial page should be premium only. Just comprise stuff he contributed and stuff like that.
    Perfect.

I was looking back at the Sports Thread and he totally ripped into me last summer. God bless him.

Does anyone here know anyone in his family or have a way to contact them so maybe we can collectively send flowers and a card? I'd chip in. It's been done for me and I'd like to return the favor.

Thread Information