Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Elizabeth Collins (8) and Lyric Cook (10) found dead 5 months after going missing

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Eleven and nine years old. This is just the kind of shit that'll make you lose your faith in humanity until you realize that the motherfuckers who did this aren't human at all. I'm glad the bodies have been found so that the families can have closure, but obviously this isn't the outcome anyone wanted. No more bad news for me, I'm going to bed. Rest in peace, Lyric and Elizabeth.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

this is awful. i am so angry if the parents shenanigans led to this horrible outcome. rip girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    this is awful. i am so angry if the parents shenanigans led to this horrible outcome. rip girls.
    Ani, that's what makes me angry too. If you want to live that lifestyle, why have kids???
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Lady View Post
    Ani, that's what makes me angry too. If you want to live that lifestyle, why have kids???
    or if the one set of parents sealed the cousins fate... my mom told me about a situation that happened when i was a child - a man came to the house with an envelope that my fathers name and address on it. he said he 'found' the letter on the ground several blocks away and thought he should bring it over because it might be important. the letter was not signed and it said that my fathers brother owes a very bad man some money and that if my father didn't resolve the issue with his brother by talking to him, giving him the money, etc... that the bad man would come after my father and his family.

anyway. my father was under the impression that his brother came up with a scam to get money from my dad by sending a friend of his with a made up letter, hoping to scare him into paying. i guess he confronted him, told him he made a police report and i think they actually came to blows. apparently, we never heard anything more about it. i was too young to remember this. mom told me about it recently.

to think that you or your children are in danger because you have a jack ass addicted family member is totally scary. not only do you have to keep yourself in line now-a-days, but you also have to be vigilant against your family member's faults! the world sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    or if the one set of parents sealed the cousins fate... my mom told me about a situation that happened when i was a child - a man came to the house with an envelope that my fathers name and address on it. he said he 'found' the letter on the ground several blocks away and thought he should bring it over because it might be important. the letter was not signed and it said that my fathers brother owes a very bad man some money and that if my father didn't resolve the issue with his brother by talking to him, giving him the money, etc... that the bad man would come after my father and his family.

anyway. my father was under the impression that his brother came up with a scam to get money from my dad by sending a friend of his with a made up letter, hoping to scare him into paying. i guess he confronted him, told him he made a police report and i think they actually came to blows. apparently, we never heard anything more about it. i was too young to remember this. mom told me about it recently.

to think that you or your children are in danger because you have a jack ass addicted family member is totally scary. not only do you have to keep yourself in line now-a-days, but you also have to be vigilant against your family member's faults! the world sucks.
    Holy shit! I bet your Dad was pissed. How convenient someone found the letter and decided to deliver it, just "in case" it was important. I agree with you, we need to be so careful who we let around our kids, even family. My kids are older, that brings a whole new set of worries. This story is heartbreaking.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Birth control is complicated enough for sober people.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Holy shit! I bet your Dad was pissed. How convenient someone found the letter and decided to deliver it, just "in case" it was important. I agree with you, we need to be so careful who we let around our kids, even family. My kids are older, that brings a whole new set of worries. This story is heartbreaking.
    I've done that dozens of times.

I remember one time I got 4 different letters in my mailbox that weren't mine. After the 2nd house, I was pissed as fuck cause I realized I was literally doing this person's job for them.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I've done that dozens of times.

I remember one time I got 4 different letters in my mailbox that weren't mine. After the 2nd house, I was pissed as fuck cause I realized I was literally doing this person's job for them.
    I can see that, I have returned mail given to me instead of neighbors. I'm questioning the timing of the found letter.

yeah... that in itself is not so strange, but according to my mom, this guy was a little off - he seemed like he was on something. also, there was no stamp on the letter.

Update: Officials confident bodies are missing Iowa girls

The bodies that were discovered this week at a remote park in Bremer County were likely that of missing Iowa cousins Lyric Morrissey-Cook and Elizabeth Collins, a law enforcement official said today.

The bodies that were discovered by hunters at Seven Bridges Wildlife Area ?were small in stature and we have no one else missing from this area,? said Black Hawk County Sheriff Capt. Rick Abben, during a news conference in an answer to a question about what led authorities to believe the bodies were those of the missing girls.

Abben said investigators were moving toward reclassifying the case as a homicide investigation, but would wait for information from the autopsies before proceeding.
    The two cousins had been missing since July 13.

Abben said the bodies were taken to the State Medical Examiner?s Office in Ankeny where positive identifications will be made. He said he didn?t know how long it would take before that was done.

After the girls disappeared in July, Black Hawk County authorities asked that officials in neighboring counties search their parks and rural area. Abben said he didn?t know whether that was done in Bremer County or whether Seven Bridges Wildlife Area was searched.

Seven Bridges park is about 25 miles north of Evansdale, the Black Hawk County community where the girls were last seen riding their bicycles. The Bremer County park has canoe access to the Wapsipinicon River, which winds through the 125-acre area.

This morning an Iowa State Medical Examiner's SUV entered the park. Local, state and federal police have been driving in and out of the park since early morning.

Aerial photographs by the Cedar Rapids Gazette show what appears two white sheets in long grass between a bend in a gravel road and a wooded area and not far from some water.

The wildlife area is popular with hunters in the fall, fishers in the summer and mushroom hunters in the spring, said Frank Frederick, director of the Bremer County Conservation Board.

Not as many people fished in the area this summer because of low water levels, Frederick said. His office doesn't track the number of visitors to the area, which has no electricity or running water, he said.

Law enforcement officers spent much of the morning searching ditches along a road about a half-mile west of the entrance to Seven Bridges Wildlife Area.

http://www.press-citizen.com/article...sey=nav%7Chead

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    How sad. I was hoping for a different outcome..I would like to know what happened to them and who did it though.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

One of those freaky mushroom hunters, I bet.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    One of those freaky mushroom hunters, I bet.

where's pitluvr? i bet she's gonna blame it all on ron and his magic mushrooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

How horrible for those hunters. Their bodies must have been in repulsive condition.

How horrible for those hunters. Their bodies must have been in repulsive condition.
    at least they weren't found dripping out of a tree... yuck!

I think finding the rotting remains of two little children everyone was hoping was alive is probably at least as disturbing even if it's not as disgusting.

I think finding the rotting remains of two little children everyone was hoping was alive is probably at least as disturbing even if it's not as disgusting.
    well, when you put it that way.

Technically being out in the elements their bodies might have been decomposing at enough of a rate to have possibly just hair?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

EVANSDALE, Iowa —Evansdale police plan to release new information in the kidnapping and murder of two cousins, KCRG-TV reported.

A news conference has been scheduled for 10 a.m. Tuesday.

Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook Morrissey went missing in 2012 and were found months later dead in a rural park.

KCRG reported that authorities will present "specific information" about the case.

Last week, authorities traveled to meet with national experts at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children about the case.

http://www.kcci.com/news/police-plan...-case/31054084

Doesn't appear to have been much of an "update". Mainly just that the area where they irks were found is extremely important to the case. Sigh...
    http://m.kcci.com/news/police-to-giv...usins/31065070
    Lurker checking in.

EVANSDALE, Iowa ?Investigators held a news conference to provide new information about the kidnapping and killing of two Evansdale girls in 2012.

The news conference started at about 10 a.m. on the investigation into deaths of 10-year-old Lyric Cook and 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins.

NATIONAL EXPERTS:

Authorities said they traveled to meet with national experts at the FBI, NCIS and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Virginia last week about the case. National experts said local authorities conducted a thorough investigation.

Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock said investigators are still actively working this case and they are again asking for the public's help with the case. No arrest has been made.

FOCUS ON SEVEN BRIDGES:

Smock said the national experts said they want everyone in the public to think about people who might be very familiar with the "extremely remote" Seven Bridges Wildlife Area where the girls were found dead on Dec. 5, 2012.

"We have no doubt that the person or persons responsible for this crime are very familiar with Seven Bridges," said Smock. He said at some point they may have hunted or camped or fished or gone to party there.

Smock is asking the public to call and report anyone who is familiar with the area.

He said any tips provided will be very carefully examined. Call the Evansdale Police tip line at 319-232-6682 with any information you have.

A $150,000 reward is still available for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case.

The Seven Bridges area is about 22 miles north of Meyers Lake in Evansdale where the girls were last seen alive. Smock said it's on a dead end road. It is very common park known to the local community, but not widely known to those outside the area, authorities said.

"I have very little doubt this case will be solved," said Smock. He said just one phone call could be all it takes.

Smock said investigators are in touch with the families and providing them updates.

Look for more on this story coming up on KCCI-TV, KCCI.com, our Facebook page, mobile website m.kcci.com and apps.

http://www.kcci.com/news/police-to-g...usins/31065070

Thread Information