Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
or if the one set of parents sealed the cousins fate... my mom told me about a situation that happened when i was a child - a man came to the house with an envelope that my fathers name and address on it. he said he 'found' the letter on the ground several blocks away and thought he should bring it over because it might be important. the letter was not signed and it said that my fathers brother owes a very bad man some money and that if my father didn't resolve the issue with his brother by talking to him, giving him the money, etc... that the bad man would come after my father and his family.

anyway. my father was under the impression that his brother came up with a scam to get money from my dad by sending a friend of his with a made up letter, hoping to scare him into paying. i guess he confronted him, told him he made a police report and i think they actually came to blows. apparently, we never heard anything more about it. i was too young to remember this. mom told me about it recently.

to think that you or your children are in danger because you have a jack ass addicted family member is totally scary. not only do you have to keep yourself in line now-a-days, but you also have to be vigilant against your family member's faults! the world sucks.
Holy shit! I bet your Dad was pissed. How convenient someone found the letter and decided to deliver it, just "in case" it was important. I agree with you, we need to be so careful who we let around our kids, even family. My kids are older, that brings a whole new set of worries. This story is heartbreaking.