Thread: Tyler Murray (16) was killed in what police believe to be an alcohol-related aut

Tyler Murray (16) was killed in what police believe to be an alcohol-related aut

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/03/13/Tyler_Murray_(16)_was_killed_in_what_police_believ e_to_be_an_alcohol_related_automobile_accident

bloody hell. another one of these young reckless driving accidents turned tragically wrong.

it's a damn shame.
    Life is just a bowl of cherries, people.

Re: Tyler Murray (16) was killed in what police believe to be an alcohol-related

and the fact that the drivers brother was killed not too long ago in a tragic drunken accident. CAN'T PEOPLE LEARN???

I remember hearing about the brother a few years back, because I go to school in Pittsburgh. It was a huge scandal.

Re: Tyler Murray (16) was killed in what police believe to be an alcohol-related aut

It amazes me how many of the deaths on this site are caused by drunk driving. Sad to think that most of them could have been prevented...

Re: Tyler Murray (16) was killed in what police believe to be an alcohol-related

the driver's myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=77052788

he hasn't signed on since the day before the accident...

memorial page for the driver's older brother who died

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=53937841

sad. things like this happen all the time. way too often.

Re: Tyler Murray (16) was killed in what police believe to be an alcohol-related aut

Very sad, but due to my past with alcohol related stories, they should of known better. Especially since there was someone in the family who died from an alcohol related incident.

At least I got a chuckle out of the priest who supplied the alcohol the the brother.

But it sucks young lives were lost. Do not let friends drink and drive.

Did it say if Tyler was intoxicated? I'll have to re-read better (i'm sick so my mind must have skipped it) because I've noticed usually the drunk individuals always live in automobile accidents.
    <br />Kitty loves MDS.

So sad.&nbsp; I can't even imagine losing two sons.&nbsp; Horrible.&nbsp; Like everyone else said, drunk driving deaths really hit me because people should know better.&nbsp; It's just so frustrating to me.
    <br />[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=5761.msg240799#msg240799 date=1174358453]<br />I wish I could applaud Virginia more than 1 time &#039;per hours&#039; <br />[/quote]

well, the driver hasn't died. He is just in critical condition. Thank God. I don't think I could deal with losing two children. BC then I would start to question the parenting.

But it seems like a lot of the kids involved in this are also connected to past similar stories through their friends and family. You can only hope that they will learn from this.

Why was a 16 year old out at 4 in the morning?

I know he could have lied to his parents and said he was sleeping at so and so's and went out partying.
    But this is sad

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=5604.msg232256#msg232256 date=1173890691]
    Why was a 16 year old out at 4 in the morning?

I know he could have lied to his parents and said he was sleeping at so and so's and went out partying.
    But this is sad
    [/quote]
    This was strictly a NOOB thread until u showed up!&nbsp;

[quote author=missberi link=topic=5604.msg232272#msg232272 date=1173891027]
    This was strictly a NOOB thread until u showed up!&nbsp; &nbsp;
    [/quote]

Oh damn, I guess I will leave and let the noobies talk amongst themselves.

you hurted my feelings&nbsp; :2sad:

I'm not a noob

just kidding. just kidding.

[quote author=smard link=topic=5604.msg232282#msg232282 date=1173891259]
    you hurted my feelings&nbsp; :2sad:

I'm not a noob

just kidding. just kidding.
    [/quote]

lol&nbsp; :kiss3:

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=missberi link=topic=5604.msg232272#msg232272 date=1173891027]
    This was strictly a NOOB thread until u showed up!&nbsp; &nbsp;
    [/quote]

Because all of the regulars are too busy in 'Jibber Jabber' to post in a death thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

One of my friends (22) died 2 years after his brother (16) died...I felt bad for their parents and the younger brother...but they are all on drugs now and they younger bro (17) just went to jail for burglary and the mom totalled her car from being fucked up and hitting a tree..They are all on drugs, but who knows, if I lost 2 sons I would prolly be on drugs too...

Just my two cents on this story.&nbsp; First I read the article and it is tough to lose someone to drunk driving, especially teenagers.&nbsp; However, they said the friends made a memorial at the place where the accident occured, and it mentioned that someone brought a shot glass and placed it at the memorial.&nbsp; Seems a little disrespectful to me.&nbsp;
    Also the profile of the driver mentions a lot about &quot;wet&quot;.&nbsp; I am going to assume that they are smoking it but he comments his friends about it as well, if I were them I would delete those comments.&nbsp;
    &nbsp; As for the driver, it happened once in his family, just goes to show you there was no lessons learned.&nbsp; But imagine how hes going to feel when he gets out of the hospital knowing his stupid actions killed his friend.
    Regardless...RIP Tyler&nbsp;

I wonder if there are any more siblings we should reserve a spot for.&nbsp; Parents are doing great so far.

[quote author=Skeezeball link=topic=5604.msg231616#msg231616 date=1173852744]
    It amazes me how many of the deaths on this site are caused by drunk driving. Sad to think that most of them could have been prevented...
    [/quote]

I think it's safe to say that with drink driving and excessive speed for the road conditions ALL &quot;accidents&quot; could have (and should have) been prevented.&nbsp;

Lets hope the rest of the friends learn from this - or at least realise that they are not invincible.

What's even more sad is that he died 4 days before his 17th birthday...

RIP Tyler

I heard something that a lot of people die close to their birthdays...

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=jerseygirl link=topic=5604.msg232943#msg232943 date=1173910532]
    Just my two cents on this story.&nbsp; First I read the article and it is tough to lose someone to drunk driving, especially teenagers.&nbsp; However, they said the friends made a memorial at the place where the accident occured, and it mentioned that someone brought a shot glass and placed it at the memorial.&nbsp; Seems a little disrespectful to me.&nbsp;
    Also the profile of the driver mentions a lot about &quot;wet&quot;.&nbsp; I am going to assume that they are smoking it but he comments his friends about it as well, if I were them I would delete those comments.&nbsp;
    &nbsp; As for the driver, it happened once in his family, just goes to show you there was no lessons learned.&nbsp; But imagine how hes going to feel when he gets out of the hospital knowing his stupid actions killed his friend.
    Regardless...RIP Tyler&nbsp;
    [/quote]I totally respect you, Jerseygirl. I don't know what it was--everyone at my high school thought you could drink and still drive. EVERYONE. And no one had disrepect to you for doing so. It wasn't until my best friend died over Thanksgiving that I really started to think...yeah--it does happen. I might be alone in this but I have 100% sympathy for these kids. Because you know, yes. You know what people have told you. But it just isn't the same, somehow. IT SHOULD BE, but it isn't. You think you're invincible--or at least, okay. My friend was the greatest person I've ever known. Decision to drive drunk? Cost him his life. Warranted? Yes--his choice. Would never say it wasn't. Less a tragedy? No way. That's not who my friend was. I'm sure it's not who this kid was, either.

Please, please people...don't drive drunk. My whole life is ruined. I know it's dramatic, but it's true. PLEASE be safe. It's SO fucking easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=5604.msg233527#msg233527 date=1173937456]
    I totally respect you, Jerseygirl. I don't know what it was--everyone at my high school thought you could drink and still drive. EVERYONE. And no one had disrepect to you for doing so. It wasn't until my best friend died over Thanksgiving that I really started to think...yeah--it does happen. I might be alone in this but I have 100% sympathy for these kids. Because you know, yes. You know what people have told you. But it just isn't the same, somehow. IT SHOULD BE, but it isn't. You think you're invincible--or at least, okay. My friend was the greatest person I've ever known. Decision to drive drunk? Cost him his life. Warranted? Yes--his choice. Would never say it wasn't. Less a tragedy? No way. That's not who my friend was. I'm sure it's not who this kid was, either.

Please, please people...don't drive drunk. My whole life is ruined. I know it's dramatic, but it's true. PLEASE be safe. It's SO fucking easy.
    [/quote]

so sorry to hear about your friend. I COMPLETELY know what you are saying. I lost my best friend Mikey last year in a car accident because he was under the infulence.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2006/03/18/Michael_Greenway_(20)_crashed_into_a_creek

And all I wanted to do was blame him for being stupid. And then I thought to all the times I stupidly would get in the car with him drunk at the wheel and after he died, I realized that I was blessed to be alive. We DO believe that things can't happen to us. and they do. And it is really unfortunate that people don't learn until things like this happen really close to you. I know I am victim of it. I didn't REALLY learn until my best friend died.

A friend of mine also was recently tried because he and a friend were driving drunk and speeding. They got into an accident and his friend who was the passenger died. My friend ended up being fine, but now he has to live with the fact that he caused his best friend's death.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/01/02/Jared_Nathan_(21),_a_former_actor_on_the_children_ s_television_show__Zoom,__died_after_a_car_crash

so now that I have gone on my tirade, I guess all I can say is we can go on and on about drunk driving how stupid it is and get angry that people make stupid mistakes like these. But the truth is they do and it doesn't make deaths like these any less tragic. It can only just let us hope that people close to them can learn from it.

I know I sure have.

Thread Information