Thread: Savannah Gold (21) was murdered by Lee Rodarte (28), and he dumped her body in a pond

Savannah Gold (21) was murdered by Lee Rodarte (28), and he dumped her body in a pond

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/lo...ance/581038609

he Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is searching for a missing woman whose parents say there are suspicious circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

The parents of 21-year-old Savannah Gold said they last saw her Wednesday going to her job at Bonefish Grill on San Jose Boulevard in Mandarin.

She headed to work but never made it inside for her shift, they said.

PHOTOS: August prostitution arrests in Jacksonville

Gold's father, Daniel, said around 6:30 p.m. as he was leaving for work, he got a strange text from his daughter saying she had met someone and was taking off.

"But the spelling was all whacked out. It looked really strange," Daniel Gold said.

Savannah Gold's brother got a similar text from his sister.

Officers tried to ping her phone but it appeared it was turned off, according to a JSO report.

"She has not met any boy. And if anybody would know, it would be me or her mom," Savannah Gold's best friend Virjona Gjuraj said.

Officers went to the homes of two of Savannah Gold's friends and searched them but did not find her.

Gjuraj said Savannah has not been active on social media since her disappearance.

Daniel Gold said Savannah's car was found in the Bonefish Grill parking lot with a slashed tire.

"Her car was outside with a slashed tire and her purse, with her ID, credit cards and money in the car with it unlocked. That really got us concerned," Daniel Gold said.

Daniel Gold said Savannah never made it inside Bonefish Grill for her shift.

Coworkers tell Action News Jax that?s unlike Savannah.

"She?s a pretty consistent person. She always shows up for her shifts," coworker Rachel Quackenbush said. "She never calls out. It?s just a really sketchy situation."

Daniel Gold said Savannah lives at home and comes and goes as she pleases, but he just wants to know his daughter is safe.

"I want to know where she is. That?s all. She?s a grown woman. She?s 21 years old. She can go anywhere she wants to go. I want to be able to talk to her cause I love her. I want to be able to make sure she?s OK," Daniel Gold said.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...body_in_a_pond
    Last edited by Olivia; 08-07-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    She's been taken somewhere, bet.

Some shady shit going on here. I hope she's found, and soon.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    She's been taken somewhere, bet.

Some shady shit going on here. I hope she's found, and soon.
    Yep I agree.

It's pretty brazen to kidnap someone in broad daylight, possibly around the dinner rush time. I wonder if she got in the car with someone she knew?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

surely if she got in with someone she knew she would have taken her wallet

I'm thinking she may have had a stalker.
    THe night before she disappeared, she had to replace another tire.

A Jacksonville Sheriff's Office missing person's report shows Savannah Gold did not show up for work at the Bonefish Grill on San Jose Boulevard in Mandarin Wednesday.

Around 6:30 p.m Wednesday, according to the missing person's report, Gold's father received a text reading, "hey i just [w]anted to tell you and mom i met a really great guy and we[']re running away together i love him and we[']re leaving to[n]ight i[']ll call you later when we get t[o] where we are g[oi]ng."

Gold's mother said she texted and called her daughter's phone several times with no response.

Gold's brother, who was not named in the report, said he received a text at 6:11 p.m. stating, "heyi quit im leavingwith my boyfriend i cant do this shit anymore im fine justwant to get away.", according to the police report.

He said this was very out of character and doesn't know who the boyfriend would be. He also said the text was written in a way that is not indicative of the way Gold normally texts.

The report goes on to say that police went to the house of someone who was a known associate to Gold. They said they were texting with Gold at around 4 p.m. but tried to text her again around 6 p.m. and got no response.

Gold was supposed to be at work at 6:00 p.m. but her manager says she never came inside, according to Gold's mother. Surveillance footage, viewed by First Coast News, shows Gold's car pulling into the parking lot around 5:30 p.m. but the view is too far away to see who is inside.

Her car was found in the parking lot with a flat tire and a one-inch puncture. According to the report, her purse was inside the car, her ID and credit card were on the floorboard behind the passenger seat and all the doors were unlocked.

Gold's mother stated that the damaged tire had to be new because Gold's tire was replaced the night before.
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/2...nces/461768465

She was murdered and her co-worker was arrested- Lee Rodarte
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...gold/462280850

Saturday, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office said.

The body was found off Club Duclay Road — near Blanding Blvd. — in west Jacksonville.
    http://www.fox30jax.com/news/local/j...sted/583100979

His facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/lee.rodarte
    Last edited by bermstalker; 08-06-2017 at 03:02 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Gawd.

http://www.newsweek.com/savannah-gol...dy-dead-647064

So according to this, he was 28, a manager at the restaurant where she worked, and they had an on again off again boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

The murder gene is strong in this family.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/lo...arge/584404093

mber Camarillo, sister of Savannah Gold murder suspect Lee Rodarte, is also in jail for an unrelated murder she is accused of committing in 2016.

Raquel Lee Wallace, 32, was shot and killed in December at the Super 8 Motel on University Boulevard near Philips Highway.

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said Camarillo, whose maiden name is Rodarte, shot Wallace after a disagreement over a car.

JSO said someone gave Wallace Camarillo's car in exchange for drugs.

Camarillo contacted Wallace and was told to bring money in exchange for the car, police said.

Surveillance video at the hotel shows Camarillo speaking with Wallace outside the room, she goes to the car and opens the driver's door.

Police said Camarillo is then seen going back to Wallace and firing at least two shots. Wallace is seen running back into her room.

She died from her injuries.

She looks really similar to a missing person called Kayla Berg

Savannah

Kayla

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/lo...ilty/599882183

Bonefish manager accused of killing Savannah Gold pleads not guilty

The man charged with murdering a 21-year-old coworker pleaded not guilty Tuesday morning.

Lee Rodarte was arrested earlier this month after the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office said he confessed to killing his on-again-off-again girlfriend Savannah Gold.

Rodarte was a manager at Bonefish Grill in Mandarin and Gold was a server there.

JSO said Rodarte led investigators to the pond where he dumped her body.

JSO also said surveillance video appears to show a struggle inside Rodarte’s car.

“You can’t simply convict somebody of a crime because they said they committed a crime,” said Action News Jax Law and Safety Expert Dale Carson.

Carson said he’s not surprised by Rodarte’s pleas of not guilty to second degree murder and evidence tampering charges.

“The State Attorney’s Office has to prove not only that he knew where the body was, but that he actually caused the homicide, the death, of a human being,” said Carson.

Carson said pleading not guilty is the only way for Rodarte’s attorney to look at what’s called “discovery,” the investigative information that led to the arrest.

“It is the function of the defense attorney in every case to examine the evidence and determine whether it’s authentic, whether it’s properly gathered and whether it really does prove beyond a reasonable doubt that his or her client actually committed the crime,” said Carson.

Rodarte’s next court date is scheduled for Sept. 18.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/me-bon...olent-homicide

Bonefish Grill employee's death was 'violent homicide,' autopsy shows-Medical examiner can't determine exact cause of Savannah Gold's death

The medical examiner tasked with telling prosecutors how a 21-year-old Bonefish Grill employee was killed in August called her death a violent homicide.

Savannah Gold was murdered by a co-worker she had dated, police said.

Lee Rodarte, 28, has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder and tampering with evidence in Gold's death.

According to the autopsy report, the medical examiner could not determine Gold's exact cause of death but called it a violent homicide. The report also said Gold had second-degree and third-degree burns over 75 percent of her body.

The State Attorney's Office has given Rodarte’s lawyer evidence in the case, including surveillance video that showed Gold getting into Rodarte’s car outside Bonefish Grill, the car shaking due to a struggle inside, and then Rodarte driving off.

Police said they confronted Rodarte with the video footage and he confessed to killing Gold and dumping her body.

Rodarte's next pretrial hearing is Dec. 12.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...rill-co-worker

A new trial date has been set for a Jacksonville man who police said admitted to killing his Mandarin Bonefish Grill co-worker.

Lee Rodarte, 30, is charged with second-degree murder and tampering with evidence in the death last year of Savannah Gold.

Rodarte's trial had been set for October, but his lawyers asked last month for a continuance in court, and it was granted with no objection from the prosecution.

The new trial is set for Feb. 25.

OMG. I totally agree with the family's consensus. And where does the burns over 75% of her body come into this self defense???

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...ense/969872205

Rodarte, who is now 30, has changed his story several times and even told Action News Jax's Bridgette Matter it was an accident.

Rodarte has now filed a "stand your ground" defense in a motion to dismiss his case, where he argues he killed Gold because he thought his life was in danger.

There are a lot of details in the motion, but it boils down to Rodarte saying he went to meet Gold and they began arguing.

He said Gold started hitting him and when he tried to break her grip he "felt a pop" in her neck. The motion says Rodarte was "justified in standing his ground and meeting force with force."

Gold’s family was incensed by this motion, telling us on Wednesday that "anything that comes out of this murderer's mouth is a lie."

Rodarte is due in court Aug. 22 on second-degree murder, tampering with evidence and abuse of a body charges.

Stand your ground? Are you fucking kidding me? She was tiny!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Stand your ground? Are you fucking kidding me? She was tiny!
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...body-pond.html

Just for comparison here's his pic:

I hope he gets a harsher sentence for making her family deal with this offensive bullshit on top of everything else. What an arsehole

https://www.jacksonville.com/news/20...lle-restaurant

An associate medical examiner who conducted an autopsy on Savannah Gold testified in a hearing Thursday that the 21-year-old did not have any spinal fractures nor did she have any drugs in her system.

The testimony is important because Gold’s accused killer, 30-year-old Lee Rodarte, said his on-again, off-again girlfriend was on heroin and attacked him on Aug. 2, 2017, outside the Jacksonville restaurant where they worked. Rodarte, in motions filed last month, said he heard a pop when he wrapped his hands around Gold’s neck in an attempt to stop her from attacking him.

He has asked the court to dismiss his murder charge saying he deserves immunity under the state’s Stand Your Ground law. The law requires prosecutors to prove Rodarte didn’t act in self-defense. Thursday’s hearing was continued to Aug. 14. A trial date is scheduled for Aug. 26. Rodarte faces life behind bars on charges he killed Gold, tampered with evidence and abused her body.

Gold was a server at Bonefish Grill in Mandarin and Rodarte was a manager there. She was reported missing after she failed to show up for work Aug. 2. Family said they received texts saying she met a great guy who she was running away with, and then no one heard back from her. Her car also was found in the restaurant parking lot with the doors unlocked and her purse inside.

Prosecutors obtained surveillance tape and say Gold got into Rodarte’s vehicle in the parking lot. Video does support Rodarte’s assertion that there was some sort of struggle in the car.

Two days later Rodarte was questioned by police. A recording of that interview was played to Judge Marianne Aho on Thursday. Rodarte can be heard saying he hadn’t seen Gold for several days.

“You were never in the parking lot?” an investigator asked Rodarte.

“No,” Rodarte said.

Rodarte told the investigator Gold had a drug problem.

The following day, Rodarte broke down and led police to the retention pond where Gold’s body had been dumped. She had been wrapped in a plastic sheet and a blanket. She was bound in duct tape. Seventy-five percent of her body had been burned. The body was decomposing.

Peter Gillespie, the associate medical examiner, concluded in his autopsy that the manner of death was homicidal violence. The specific cause could not be determined because of the burns and decomposition. Gillespie did say that the cartilage in Gold’s thyroid was fractured. He said in court Thursday that strangulation could cause that and that the break could have been hundreds of things.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Not a bit sorry when I say that he should be put to death. Now. I don't give a fuck if he wakes up next month crying and proclaiming that he has seen the light and will gladly spend the rest of his life in prison. NO.

You don't get to do some heinous bullshit and kill a girl with her whole life ahead of her and not pay the ultimate price for it.

Fuck this piece of shit.

Die already, you inhuman fuck.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

He just can’t stop bad mouthing her-can he. Fuck this guy I hope he gets the death penalty.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/2019/0...golds-killing/

A judge on Tuesday denied a stand your ground petition for a Jacksonville man who claims he accidentally killed his on-again, off-again girlfriend in self-defense.

Lee Rodarte, who's charged with murder in the 2017 killing of co-worker Savannah Gold, filed that petition last month, saying he believes he snapped Gold's neck during a violent struggle as he tried to shove her out of his vehicle.

Rodarte, 31, has pleaded not guilty to felony charges of second-degree murder, evidence tampering and abuse of a dead body in the case. The high-profile case is expected to go to trial soon with jury selection set to begin on Monday.

A medical examiner found Gold had no broken bones, but 75 percent of her body was covered by second- and third-degree burns. While the autopsy did not determine a cause of death, it concluded that she died in a "violent homicide."
    https://www.jacksonville.com/news/20...-grill-killing

Under Florida’s Stand Your Ground law, it is up to the state to prove someone did not act in self-defense once that claim is made. Lee Rodarte claims that Gold was high on heroin and attacked him when she got into his car Aug. 2, 2017. He claims he heard a pop in her neck when he tried to get her off him.

Florida’s 1st District Court of Appeals ordered a delay in Lee Rodarte’s murder trial while it reviews a motion asking for immunity under the state’s Stand Your Ground law.

Jury selection was set for Monday. The trial was expected to take about three days.
    Earlier this summer, Rodarte’s defense team said it was ready to proceed with trial. However in late July — a little more than a month before the trial — the team filed a motion to dismiss and asked the court for immunity, claiming self defense.

Filing such a motion so late in the pre-trial proceedings, “can only be seen as a delay tactic by the defendant,” wrote Assistant State Attorney Chyna-Michele Makarowski, in her opposition to the motion.

Under Florida’s Stand Your Ground law, it is up to the state to prove someone did not act in self-defense once that claim is made. Rodarte is claiming that Gold was high on heroin and attacked him when she got into his car Aug. 2, 2017. He claims he heard a pop in her neck when he tried to get her off him.

Judge Marianne Aho heard testimony over two days including testimony from an assistant medical examiner who said no drugs were in Gold’s system and she did not have any broken bones or fractures.

The Medical Examiner’s Office ruled that the 21-year-old Gold died by homicidal violence but could not give a specific cause of death because much of Gold’s body had been badly burned and it was also in a state of decomposition when Rodarte led police to it.

Aho denied the motion Aug. 22 and ordered that that the trial proceed on Aug. 26. Rodarte’s team filed an appeal.

Rodarte’s trial could be postponed for months.

Thread Information