Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What's on your "Bucket List"?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Why does no one want to play in this thread??? I think it's a cool thread, but you guys need to post!!!
    I think so too, this is the first I've seen it. I'll play... but first... were we separated at birth?!

This is a cool thread, well, the original intent was. Let's play.

I want to go back to Pacific Northwest and take my hubby to see Orcas. I got to see them over 20 years ago, but he didn't get to go on the trip because his boss was a dick, so I went with a friend.

I would also like to go to Palenque and see the tomb of Pakal.

I want to go to Tahiti/Fiji or someplace like that in the South Pacific and go dive there.

My #1 bucket list thing though is to go to Egypt and spend like a month and see all the ancient Egyptian sites and go down the Nile.

Oh, and on a non-travel list, I want to bee-keep one day.
    Every one of these is on my bucket list - except I'm not diving in Tahiti/Fiji, me and open water don't mix. I'll sit on the deck of a grass hut overlooking the crystal clear water - book and phoufee drink in hand - and the rest of the time I'll be sampling the specialties at local bars and restaurants.

I have several bucket lists (travel, learning, experiences, adventures) and have ticked off quite a few items since I started keeping lists many decades ago. In some cases, I checked the box and exceeded my expectations (I wanted to visit Europe, never expected to live there). It pays to get old, the longer you live, the more boxes you get to check. My lists are lengthy, varied, and fluid. The world is a big place and there's only so much time, you know? Some things have dropped off as my priorities have changed. I'll never go skydiving like I wanted to do when I was 19yo. The thrill is gone, and WTF was I thinking anyway? I'm terrified of heights. The follies of youth, eh?

On my Travel/Adventure Bucket List, I want to travel the length of the Mississippi River by steamboat (NOLA to St. Paul) and by car (St. Paul to the Headwaters at Pinewood, MN).

On my Experience Bucket List - See the aurora borealis. Hopefully I'll see them in Scotland, I always seem to miss them.

A recent addition to the Learning Bucket List is embroidery. One night I stumbled across a youtube channel that mesmerized me, and now I want to learn to embroider. I especially want to learn ribbon embroidery, but baby steps... I'm no Domestic Goddess. And check her out, she makes it look soooo easy, when I watch her I'm like, "Sheeeeeiiiiiiiiit.... I could do that!"

Quote Originally Posted by InsecureAttachment View Post
    I'd like to actually complete my Peace Corps service (waited 10 years to finally apply and then get evacuated week 9 ). I'd like to finally make it to Peru some day too.
    Also, I'm not ashamed to admit I have no idea how to sew. Like no clue. I'd like to learn. I guess now is a great time to take that on...but Netflix and getting lost on the internet has composed most of my day recently, so I'm pretty busy.
    I feel your pain, Netflix and the internet have been demanding too much of my attention these days. But that is how I found the embroidery lady, so all wasn't lost.

Please tell us more about the Peace Corps. What were you doing and where? I guess you enjoyed it since you want to finish it.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I have an opportunity to scratch "watch a live rocket launch" off my bucket list tomorrow, but I'm feeling quite lazy.... will someone please convince me to drive two hours north to see it?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I have an opportunity to scratch "watch a live rocket launch" off my bucket list tomorrow, but I'm feeling quite lazy.... will someone please convince me to drive two hours north to see it?
    Haha, I didn't see this until after I replied to the Space thread. Definitely worth it! (if the weather looks at all cooperative)

Maybe I am just a really lazy person, but I can't think of anything I really want to do

I guess I have always wanted to go to New York (thanks, Sex and the City!) but I am terrified of planes and it's too far of a drive.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Maybe I am just a really lazy person, but I can't think of anything I really want to do

I guess I have always wanted to go to New York (thanks, Sex and the City!) but I am terrified of planes and it's too far of a drive.
    It doesn't have to be travel. Do you want to meet someone famous, accomplish something, build something, create something? It can be anything you really want to do but haven't yet.

Haha, I didn't see this until after I replied to the Space thread. Definitely worth it! (if the weather looks at all cooperative)
    It's not looking cooperative already.

I highly recommend it, it's a great city, lots to love about it. I don't fly well either, consider a train - make an adventure out of it!

It doesn't have to be travel. Do you want to meet someone famous, accomplish something, build something, create something? It can be anything you really want to do but haven't yet.
    Yes, my bucket list is actually a great big long-range To Do List.

It's not looking cooperative already.

I highly recommend it, it's a great city, lots to love about it. I don't fly well either, consider a train - make an adventure out of it!

Yes, my bucket list is actually a great big long-range To Do List.
    Exactly. I haven't replied to your post above, but keep meaning to. We may be twins on our travel, but I know my limitations, and my limitations involve anything sewing/embroidery/etc I have 8 thumbs. I do like to do gardening things, cook and bake, and as I've mentioned, create things in the home, but I am not talented in sewing type skills. I ruined my perfect GPA with the sewing part of Home Ec during Junior High. I almost failed it.

No. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I would love to take the Orient Express all the way from London to Budapest and back by a different route. https://www.luxurytrainclub.com/gene...s-prices-2019/

If you could arrange for Peroit to be onboard that'd be a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I want to be a part of a riot. I don't even care what the reason is.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Exactly. I haven't replied to your post above, but keep meaning to. We may be twins on our travel, but I know my limitations, and my limitations involve anything sewing/embroidery/etc I have 8 thumbs. I do like to do gardening things, cook and bake, and as I've mentioned, create things in the home, but I am not talented in sewing type skills. I ruined my perfect GPA with the sewing part of Home Ec during Junior High. I almost failed it.
    Me too!!!! I never finished the potholder! It was levels above my skill set (which ends at tracing patterns, I can't even cut them out). That's why this surprised me. I don't even know how I stumbled across this video - I sure as hell wasn't googling embroidery videos, I can assure you that. But I was literally mesmerized by her. I sat slack-jawed and watched her embroider for a good hour or two and I kept thinking, "I can do that!" So I'm going to try it. Eventually. Someday. Maybe. It's on my Learning Bucket List. But I did buy the supplies and dumped them in the middle of my dining room table. They taunt me. And maybe we're not identical twins because I can't garden, cook, or bake to save my life. Fraternal, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I would love to take the Orient Express all the way from London to Budapest and back by a different route. https://www.luxurytrainclub.com/gene...s-prices-2019/
    Sounds amazing. I'm pretty sure I'd love it. Hubby and I often traveled by train all over Europe when we were courting, and I have fond memories of drinking wine, eating cheese and bread, and watching the world go by one village at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    I want to be a part of a riot. I don't even care what the reason is.
    Head to the twin cities! You still have time.

I've actually been to a riot. It's overrated.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

No. lol.
    I don't believe that. I remember when you were so excited to go see Impractical Jokers live. You have things you like...you're just not thinking about it like a bucket list item.

I'm glad you guys reminded me about trains. I totally forgot. I want to take the train across Canada. I love trains! We have gone around and rode on several old trains around the US, but I have never been on one where you can overnight-that's the kind I want to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I've actually been to a riot. It's overrated.
    Really, which one? I've seen a few protests here in Chicago but I've never seen an actual riot.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I don't believe that. I remember when you were so excited to go see Impractical Jokers live. You have things you like...you're just not thinking about it like a bucket list item.

I'm glad you guys reminded me about trains. I totally forgot. I want to take the train across Canada. I love trains! We have gone around and rode on several old trains around the US, but I have never been on one where you can overnight-that's the kind I want to go on.
    I've always wanted to do the Trans-Canadian Railroad. We met a couple who has done it, and they recommended we do it by road instead of by rail. Apparently there is a highway that parallels the railroad and they said it's just as scenic and not nearly as expensive. It is really ridiculously priced (around $10k per person), but I dunno.... I think being on the train is part of the charm of this particular trip. Probably not going to happen in this lifetime though.

Me too!!!! I never finished the potholder! It was levels above my skill set (which ends at tracing patterns, I can't even cut them out). That's why this surprised me. I don't even know how I stumbled across this video - I sure as hell wasn't googling embroidery videos, I can assure you that. But I was literally mesmerized by her. I sat slack-jawed and watched her embroider for a good hour or two and I kept thinking, "I can do that!" So I'm going to try it. Eventually. Someday. Maybe. It's on my Learning Bucket List. But I did buy the supplies and dumped them in the middle of my dining room table. They taunt me. And maybe we're not identical twins because I can't garden, cook, or bake to save my life. Fraternal, maybe.

Sounds amazing. I'm pretty sure I'd love it. Hubby and I often traveled by train all over Europe when we were courting, and I have fond memories of drinking wine, eating cheese and bread, and watching the world go by one village at a time.
    POTHOLDER!? We had to sew a blouse and wear it to school. I got an F for attitude during that part of the class. Luckily that was only 1/6 of the grade, so I still passed, but it was tough.

I love, love, love to cook and bake. I would bake for all of you on here if you were local, lol. I always tell people that I am fat because I love to cook and make all kinds of good foods; that I didn't get this way without knowing what good food is and having it around constantly. I don't really understand people who are fat that don't cook and bake. I always have to give up baking in order to be successful in weight loss.

We want to see pics of the embroidery stuff when you do it!

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Really, which one? I've seen a few protests here in Chicago but I've never seen an actual riot.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-n...ent_in_Germany
    In 1981, Germany's largest anti-nuclear demonstration took place to protest against the construction of the Brokdorf Nuclear Power Plant on the North Sea coast west of Hamburg. Some 100,000 people came face to face with 10,000 police officers. Twenty-one policemen were injured by demonstrators armed with gasoline bombs, sticks, stones and high-powered slingshots.[11][20][21] The plant began operations in October 1986 and is scheduled to close in 2018.[11]

POTHOLDER!? We had to sew a blouse and wear it to school. I got an F for attitude during that part of the class. Luckily that was only 1/6 of the grade, so I still passed, but it was tough.

I love, love, love to cook and bake. I would bake for all of you on here if you were local, lol. I always tell people that I am fat because I love to cook and make all kinds of good foods; that I didn't get this way without knowing what good food is and having it around constantly. I don't really understand people who are fat that don't cook and bake. I always have to give up baking in order to be successful in weight loss.

We want to see pics of the embroidery stuff when you do it!
    A BLOUSE?!?! No way! We had 3 years of sewing, 1 semester each year (6th grade - potholder, 7th grade - apron, 8th grade - skirt w/zipper and button holes). I never finished any of my projects.

I don't cook or bake and I'm fat because people like you cook and bake, damnit.

I thought I posted in this thread? I guess not.
    I have a Pinterest Bucket List board. Some of the stuff I've done is kissed a celebrity, went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, participated in a polar bear plunge, etc.
    Things I want to do is get my poetry published, be on the show Cash Cab, meet Princess Kate, etc.
    Man! I just went back through my Pinterest Bucket List and there are things I haven't checked off like visit the Sistine Chapel, drive down Route 66, try pasta in Italy, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

*things I've done that I hadn't checked off.

I don't cook or bake and I'm fat because people like you cook and bake, damnit.
    You're welcome!

I thought I posted in this thread? I guess not.
    I have a Pinterest Bucket List board. Some of the stuff I've done is kissed a celebrity, went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, participated in a polar bear plunge, etc.
    Things I want to do is get my poetry published, be on the show Cash Cab, meet Princess Kate, etc.
    Man! I just went back through my Pinterest Bucket List and there are things I haven't checked off like visit the Sistine Chapel, drive down Route 66, try pasta in Italy, etc.
    So which celebrity did you kiss?

You're welcome!

So which celebrity did you kiss?
    Pierre Bouvier from Simple Plan. I was at Warped Tour in Atlanta and it was my birthday. I asked him for a kiss and he said, "Why don't you kiss me?" I kissed him on the cheek.
    I got Ryan Kepke from Slick Shoes to kiss me on the cheek that same day, because of my birthday. Lol!

Aaaaargh! I missed a bucket list opportunity today when I didn't drag my lazy arse 2 hours north to watch the Spacex Launch this afternoon.

Aaaaargh! I missed a bucket list opportunity today when I didn't drag my lazy arse 2 hours north to watch the Spacex Launch this afternoon.
    We drove to an open field and watched it as it went up up and away!

I was out in the backyard giving baths to dogs and totally forgot about it. I went inside less than 5 minutes before it went up, but didn't realize it till later.

Thread Information