Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Jaren Lockhart found dead in Bay St. Louis after she went missing in New Orleans

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Strippers aren't Prostitutes. There's a big difference.

Some prostitutes may strip to find Johns. But saying they're the same thing is like saying all massage therapists give handies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Wizard View Post
    People do care, they just care less. And there's a big pile of things to care about, so the average person seems not to care too much. I'm sure there are plenty of agencies who deal specifically with prostitute/sex worker rapes.
    They're usually transient, and when they go missing, sadly, it goes unreported. Or if someone does report it the police ignore it because they think she/he just "took off" somewhere. These are folks that make a life out of not being found. That makes investigations a nightmare.

Usually a case opens when a body is found and (eventually) identified. So if someone hides their hookers well, that's a wrap.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    They're usually transient, and when they go missing, sadly, it goes unreported. Or if someone does report it the police ignore it because they think she/he just "took off" somewhere. These are folks that make a life out of not being found. That makes investigations a nightmare.

Usually a case opens when a body is found and (eventually) identified. So if someone hides their hookers well, that's a wrap.
    But this story is about a Stripper. Not a Prostitute. Which is why she was reported missing right away

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    But this story is about a Stripper. Not a Prostitute. Which is why she was reported missing right away
    Who?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

This is New Orleans- On Bourbon Street. Just about everybody there is a stripper, bouncer, or bartender.

It's NOT uncommon to walk down the street and see this: (My aunt used to try and cover my eyes)

June 14, 2012
    Suspect might have lured dancer to private party
    "We have witnesses stating they heard Jaren ask to leave work early so she could go make some extra money on a party, so we believe she was enticed to go with the hope she would make some extra money," Grannan said.
    http://www.wlox.com/story/18792017/s...-private-party

June 28, 2012
    Another dancer says she was approached by suspects...
    Dancer Sheila Nand had worked previously with 39-year-old Terry Speaks. Speaks and 28-year-old Margaret Sanchez are suspects in Lockhart's death, but are currently being held in jail on unrelated charges.

Stiletto's, an establishment on Bourbon Street, is right next door to the Temptations Gentleman's Club where Lockhart worked. Nand said she was approached by the pair while working at Stiletto's, and became alarmed when she saw news reports.

"I freak out like, oh my gosh, those are the people that approached me," Nand said.

Nand said Sanchez made her a generous offer inside the club.

"She asked me if I wanted to go home with her and her boyfriend, and I said I don't work outside of the club, and got off stage and they were still there," Nand said.

Nand said she was offered $700.
    http://www.fox8live.com/story/187932...ruesome-murder
    Last edited by bermstalker; 04-24-2014 at 03:37 AM.

Who?
    Jaren

So her chosen occupation puts her in sex danger? Sounds awfully close to victim blaming.
    Not really, I'm just saying I view it with the same 'comes with the territory' as I do a cop getting shot by a criminal or a logger falling out of a tree. It is definitely a much less safe job than being a waitress or hostess.

I lived with several strippers so I'm not going to be all pc bullshit around it. None of them were giving extra on the side, but plenty of girls at those clubs were. But there was not a single night when I'd go with them to work or something where there wasn't at least one borderline psychopath sitting in there, and there were multiple people thrown out for inappropriate touching, and each girl had several dudes who thought they were best friends and pretty much stalked them.

The thing is, a bouncer throws a crazy dude outside, the guy doesn't immediately stop being crazy.

Every stripper I knew had a buddy system getting home. Plenty of them had horror stories about being attacked by clients on their way home or having their apartments broken into by nut jobs.

Not the ideal job for someone with a little kid.
    Last edited by bowieluva; 04-24-2014 at 08:13 AM.

I'm not blaming her for her death, I'm just replying to people above who were saying they couldn't believe people were critical of her job or that they'd rather strip than take state aid. Like....no.

I was just saying I think it's wrong for people to bashing her just because of her job. If anyone disagrees and thinks it's okay, that's their opinion. I have mine.

And I never said I would rather strip than get aid. I was just saying you hear about people bitching when they see people not working and collecting benefits, and not even trying to get a job. I've seen plenty of those comments from people. But then here is this girl, who has a job, and people bitch about that. It's like it's never enough. Just because she was a stripper and not an office assistant doesn't make her any less of a human being, so it bothers me when I see people being saying horrible things, knowing she was murdered and had a young daughter. I don't think there's anything wrong with getting help from the state if you need it, if you are actively looking for a job and just need help until you find one. Or if you can't work due to some sort of disability.

And it makes sense now how she possibly left with them. Some strippers get extra money for dancing at private parties at people's houses, so I'm sure she thought that's what she was going to do when she left with this couple. If only she had done what that other chick did, and refused to work outside of the club....she may still be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Not really, I'm just saying I view it with the same 'comes with the territory' as I do a cop getting shot by a criminal or a logger falling out of a tree. It is definitely a much less safe job than being a waitress or hostess.

I lived with several strippers so I'm not going to be all pc bullshit around it. None of them were giving extra on the side, but plenty of girls at those clubs were.
    Yeah, lots of strippers turn tricks on the side. I don't criticize strippers per se but most get caught up in the drugs, the fast life, then they need more money, etc etc. I've never met a stripper that was saving her money, they blast through money like water and the whole bit about saving for college is part of the hustle 99% of the time.

Though neither have been charged, investigators now believe the two suspects, Terry Speaks and Margaret Sanchez, tried to lure other Bourbon Street dancers to their home the same night Jaren Lockhart left club Temptations with the couple.

Hancock County Lead Investigator Glenn Grannan said, "Both girls were asked to come join them in maybe like a threesome and then they changed it to a party where they would make $700, $800 something to entice them to go."
    Looks to me like was was turning tricks.

Yeah, I don't think it's unfair for people to critique her life choices. Honestly, I think getting your shit together and taking aid is a much better choice for a parent than stripping. Like I said, even if she was the one saint among strippers, it's still a job that attracts an abnormal amount of creeps. I'm sorry, but women strip because it's 'easy' fast large amounts of cash, not because it's their only option. She could have gotten a job through a temp agency making $12 an hour.

Margaret Sanchez, 30, (right) was arrested Monday and charged with second degree murder of 22-year-mother Jaren Lockhart (left). Sanchez has long been a suspect along with suspected accomplice Terry Speaks, 41. Lockhart, was found dismembered in June 2012 by Mississippi authorities. Lockhart's torso was found in Hancock County, while head and parts of her legs were found in Harrison County.

They held a press conference this a.m. It sounds like it was license plate recognition cameras that gave them what they needed to arrest & charge her-

At a press conference Thursday Kenner Police Chief Steve Caraway said, "We were able to locate people who weren't located before." He did not elaborate on who these people were or how they fit in to the investigation.

Investigators have also obtained license plate recognition cameras that spotted the couple leaving New Orleans and entering Kenner, leaving Kenner and driving to Mississippi a short time later, then returning.

Investigators believe Lockhart's body was dumped off the Bay St. Louis Bridge.

In regards to Speaks, Caraway said he is still a suspect, "He is currently in custody and he's not going anywhere." Caraway said investigators have traveled to New York and interviewed Speaks in prison.

Caraway won't speculate on a possible motive. But he said, "We don't believe it was a kidnapping case."

He warned reporters this investigation is far from over. "You won't see this going to trial in the next few months," he said. "It is by no means over and done with. We still have a lot of work to do that hasn't been done in the past."

http://wgno.com/2014/05/08/kenner-po...#axzz319J5wRi2
    Last edited by *crickets*; 05-08-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Wizard View Post
    People do care, they just care less. And there's a big pile of things to care about, so the average person seems not to care too much. I'm sure there are plenty of agencies who deal specifically with prostitute/sex worker rapes.
    Specifically? Just the one

http://www.iusw.org/

International Union of Sex Workers

For our human, civil and labour rights. For our inclusion and decriminalisation. For freedom to choose, respect for those choices and the absolute right to say no. For the full protection of the law. For everyone in the sex industry.

ETA some more suspect pix so my post's a little more on topic

& from her model mayhem profile

Creepy sex offender boyfriend minus crazy hair

& latest update

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1786095

Man admits to killing, dismembering body of New Orleans stripper: cops

Terry Speaks, 41, allegedly claimed he and his then-girlfriend, Margaret Sanchez, killed the 22-year-old dancer, Jaren Lockhart, after meeting her in a New Orleans gentlemen's club in 2012. The couple are accused of dismembering Lockhart's body and dumping it off the shore days before it was found.

A sex offender admitted to killing a Louisiana stripper and chopping up her corpse with his girlfriend before dumping the woman’s body near the shore, police said.

Terry Speaks, 41 — who is being held in a New York state prison for failing to register as a sex offender — claimed that he and Margaret Sanchez killed the New Orleans dancer, Jaren Lockhart, in June 2012, cops said.

The couple became suspects in the 22-year-old woman’s death when her dismembered body washed up along a Mississippi shore soon after she was reported missing.

Investigators found footage from a surveillance camera inside the gentlemen’s club where Lockhart worked that showed the stripper leaving with Speaks and Sanchez.

But there wasn’t enough evidence to charge them with a crime until Speaks’ shocking confession.

Sanchez, 29, was collared this week and booked on charges that included second-degree murder and obstruction of justice. She was ordered held in lieu of $750,000 bail.

“I think we’re in a good place,” Steve Caraway, chief of the Kenner Police Department, told reporters after the arrest, according to the Sun Herald

“I think (investigators) have done an outstanding job, considering there was no evidence to issue an arrest warrant until now.”

Caraway did not discuss any other evidence that led to Sanchez’s arrest.

Speaks — whose rap sheet includes arrests ranging from indecent liberty with a child to assault — was not yet charged in the murder. But Caraway said the suspect’s prison sentence doesn’t end until October, when he faces more sex offender charges.

“He’s not going anywhere,” said Caraway, adding that investigators expect more developments in the case.

“It’s a very complex investigation,” he said. “And certainly (there could be) additional charges or suspects
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-10-2014 at 12:15 AM.

A long article. This case is pretty much solved.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/..._jaren_lo.html

Arrest warrant- June 2014
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/2nd-arre...rleans-dancer/

KENNER, La. - Police have issued a second arrest warrant in connection with murder and dismemberment of French Quarter dancer, Jaren Lockhart, reports CBS affiliate WWLTV.

Kenner Police announced an arrest warrant for Terry Speaks, 41, for second-degree murder and obstruction of justice. Margaret Sanchez, 30, is also charged with second-degree murder and obstruction of justice in the case. She was arrested in May and is in the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center.
    The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that a detective in the case testified that inmates at the prison where Speaks is currently incarcerated provided authorities with information about incriminating statements Speaks allegedly made regarding the case.
    According to the paper, the detective testified that the inmates - who were not identified - said Speaks told them that he and Sanchez used drugs and alcohol with Lockhart, and that she died after getting into a fight with Sanchez. The paper reports that another detective testified that Lockhart died from a single stab wound to the chest. But the inmates reportedly did not specify whether Speaks said who killed Lockhart.

The Times-Picayune also reports that police believe Speaks and Sanchez got Lockhart to leave the club with them for a "private party" in exchange for money.

Kenner Police Chief Steve Caraway said that Speaks will be extradited to Louisiana for the murder charge and obstruction of justice, as well as failing to register as a sex offender.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarya View Post

Remember the boots?” the email continues. “Remember the panties with both your juices in them? Do you remember what you were wearing? Shall I go on? You can stop this by just being who you said you are, my wife. Next time I go into more detail.”
    “I want to tell everything to the people just so you can suffer like me,” Speaks wrote, according to court documents filed this week by Jefferson Parish prosecutors. “I did everything to clean up the mess and where’s the thanks?”

He added, “You’re the one they’ll fry and not me.”
    Freese said surveillance camera footage showed Speaks, Sanchez and Lockhart leaving a Bourbon Street club just after 2 a.m. June 6. Speaks and Sanchez had gone into Temptations Gentlemen’s Club, where Lockhart worked, and the club Stiletto’s next door, looking for girls to come home with them.

While many refused, Lockhart agreed, telling co-workers that she was going to go “make rent,” and the three were recorded turning onto Iberville Street at 2:21 a.m. At 2:43 a.m., the couple’s green Chevrolet Lumina was photographed by a license plate recognition camera at Loyola Drive near Interstate 10.

“Jaren is never seen alive again,” Freese said.

According to the filing, at 10:40 a.m., Sanchez reported to work, driven by Speaks. Both were said to be “visibly unkempt.”

That night, at 8:43 p.m., Sanchez’s car was captured on camera at Williams Boulevard and West Esplanade Avenue, with a witness placing both of them inside the vehicle.

At 9:34 p.m., the Lumina was photographed entering Mississippi. Just over two hours later, at 11:51 p.m., it was photographed crossing the state line headed back into Louisiana.

At 5:50 p.m. the following day, Lockhart’s torso washed up on the beach in Hancock County, Mississippi.

Dude's trial is happening now. He decided to represent himself, lol.

http://wgno.com/2015/06/16/graphic-details-about-dismemberment-of-jaren-lockhart-in-court/

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Dude's trial is happening now. He decided to represent himself, lol.

http://wgno.com/2015/06/16/graphic-d...hart-in-court/
    Well, that always ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

good.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

yep he is an idiot truly

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post

yes i am so glad the judge blew off his request for a mistrial!
    He had tried to delay the start of the trial due to the deaths of a couple girls who were found in pieces like Jaren was but they were both hit by cars many times,they were not chopped up.
    I so hope both he and Margret get what is so coming to them both..total asswipes that they are.
    Last edited by Sarya; 06-17-2015 at 07:31 PM. Reason: correct spelling error

In another line of questioning, Saucier said that a ?ritual of sacrifice? is one motive that is being considered because a very rare celestial phenomenon, called a Venus Transition, happened on June 5-6, 2012. It was the last Venus transit of the 21st century.

The prosecution says the term was mentioned in e-mails between Speaks and Sanchez.

http://wgno.com/2015/06/17/bizarre-n...-murder-trial/

Jaren Lockhart's final moments of life likely were spent on her back, with at least two attackers holding her down as one of them plunged a single-edge knife blade deep into her chest. The killer thrust it into her body with such force that was buried about 4 1/2 inches into her torso, after punching through her sternum and piercing her heart, a pathologist testified Tuesday.

From bruising on the body parts that washed up on Mississippi beaches the day after she disappeared three years ago, pathologists concluded that the Bourbon Street dancer also was struck in the head with an object. That suggested more than one person was involved in her death, Dana Troxclair of the Jefferson Parish coroner's office testified

"Are those injuries consistent with someone who was struggling for her life?" Assistant District Attorney Doug Freese asked the pathologist.

"Yes sir," Troxclair replied.

With that testimony and the gruesome photographs of Lockhart's body parts that were reassembled on an autopsy table, Jefferson Parish prosecutors opened their case against Terry Speaks on Tuesday.

They showed jurors an emotionally unsettling mix of photographs of Lockhart, 22, as a young mother holding her daughter on a beach with those of her disarticulated body parts. She was last seen alive just after 2 a.m., on June 6, 2012, when she left her job as a dancer at Temptations Gentlemen's Club with Speaks and his then-girlfriend, Margaret Sanchez, 31, who awaits her trial.

"She was a friend, she was girlfriend, she was a daughter, she was a mother,'' Freese, who is prosecuting Speaks with Tommy Block, told jurors. "You (the jury) will conclude her life had value. That's what the evidence will show you. The value of her life was rejected and ignored by this man and his girlfriend.''

Speaks, 42, a convicted sex offender in North Carolina already serving an 8-year prison sentence, denies it. "We didn't do it," he told jurors. He fired his court-appointed attorneys on Monday and sought to defend himself against charges of second-degree murder, obstruction of justice and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

"The prosecution is gonna bring information for you that he wants you to see as evidence to convict me," Speaks told jurors in opening statements. "However, none of that evidence is going to prove anything. It's not going to prove I killed Jaren Lockhart. It's not going to prove actually we obstructed justice."

But by about 5:45 p.m., Tuesday, after cross-examining numerous prosecution witnesses, Speaks changed his mind and decided he, in fact, wanted his lawyers after all. His abrupt change led Judge Stephen Grefer of the 24th Judicial District Court to recess the trial for the night, after telling jurors that Speaks would be represented by John Benz and Brad Scott, both of the Jefferson Parish public defender's office.

Speaks, who had worked as a doorman at Stilletto's Cabaret next door to Temptations in the 300 block of Bourbon Street, and Sanchez went to the French Quarter seeking a dancer who would leave with them for "a private party," witnesses testified. At Stiletto's, they approached dancer Lacy Dillman, asking her to dance at a bachelor party, she testified. It was during her testimony that Speaks announced he wanted his lawyers.

At 1:47 a.m., Speaks and Sanchez walked into Temptations. Lockhart, whom they knew, was willing to go, and surveillance video in the business's locker room showed her quickly changing and stuffing her dancing clothes into a bag she slung over her shoulder.

Two of Lockhart's coworkers at Temptations testified they saw her leave with Speaks and Sanchez. Both of them knew Speaks as Allen Rice, one of three aliases police said he used. They knew Lockhart by her stage name, Riot.

He just went off on me and said he wasn't with her, he didn't know where she was." - Mike Welch
    "I said, 'Have a good night, baby girl. Be safe," dancer Maya Suarez told Lockhart, her voice breaking into weeping at the witness stand. "That was the last time I saw her."

At Temptations' entrance, doorman Mike Welch watched Lockhart leave with the couple he knew from working at the clubs. "She left with Terry, Allen, whatever his name is, and Margaret," Welch testified.

"I got a phone call the next morning from one of the managers saying her (Lockhart's) boyfriend was concerned because she didn't show up," Welch testified. He said he was concerned about Lockhart, too. She recalled Lockhart leaving Temptations with Speaks and so called him. The response Welch received, he said, was "very surprising."

"He just went off on me and said he wasn't with her, he didn't know where she was, he didn't know anything," Welch testified. "He told me to not call back," and he hung up.

Authorities say Speaks and Sanchez drove Lockhart to the Connecticut Avenue home in Kenner. Although authorities have no physical evidence to support the theory, they suspect that's where Sanchez was stabbed, her body disarticulated ? or dismembered at the joints.

Troxclair testified that two knives were used, including one with a serrated edge used to saw through neck bone in severing her head and one her killers used to slice away the tattooed flesh and remove limbs. Prosecutors say the tattoos were removed in an attempt to hinder the investigation. Some body parts were never found, including her heavily tattooed forearms.

The following day, Lockhart's torso washed up on a beach at Bay St. Louis, setting in motion an investigation initially led by the Hancock County Sheriff's Office. Detective Brandon Normand was charged with seeking out business surveillance video in the French Quarter in an attempt to track Lockhart's last movement.

Jurors saw a video of Lockhart changing in Temptation's locker room. Including video from Temptations' front door, Normand found imagery at three French Quarter businesses, each showing the trio. "Unfortunately at a certain point you just lose track of her," Normand testified.

Kenner police Sgt. Jeff Adams testified about efforts to track Sanchez's car through the system of license plate recognition cameras. At 8:43 p.m., on June 6, 2012, about 18 hours after Lockhart left work, Adams said the car was seen at Williams Boulevard and Vintage Drive in Kenner. A witness is expected to testify this week to seeing Sanchez and Speaks together there.

A camera along eastbound Interstate 10 in Slidell picked up the car in the center lane heading toward Mississippi at 9:34 p.m., Adams said. At 11:51 p.m., a camera on the westbound I-10 in Slidell picked up Sanchez's car again, he said.

Authorities conclude that's when Speaks and Sanchez discarded Lockhart's body parts. Questioned by Speaks, Adams acknowledged the cameras do not reveal who was in the car, or whether it actually went into Mississippi.

Normand also was charged with obtaining a DNA sample from Lockhart's daughter, then a toddler, to genetically link the family to the body. He described it as a heart-rending experience as he gingerly tried to get a swab into the child's mouth to obtain the sample.

"The only thing she asked me at that point in time is, 'Did you find my mommy yet? She's lost.'" Normand testified.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/06/terry_speaks_trial_underway_in.html#incart_story_p ackage
    Last edited by bermstalker; 06-18-2015 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Thread Information