Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brittany Wood (19) - missing since 30 May 2012

Brittany Wood (19) - missing since 30 May 2012

Tillman's Corner Mother Missing

(Baldwin County, Ala.) A local family continues to search for a Tillman's Corner teen who has been missing for a week.

19 year old Brittany Wood walked away from her mother's home last Wednesday leaving her two year old daughter behind.

She hasn't been seen since. Thursday family members called off a search along Styx River Road in Baldwin County to try and regroup and get more people to join in.

They say they tried to contact Wood last Friday to inform her that her uncle had committed suicide.

Her last cell phone transmission was located less than a mile away from her uncle's home.

"I believe it's a very odd coincidence. I don't know if it had anything to do with it or not," said Stephanie Hanke, Wood's stepmother.

"Please, Brittney, if you're out there, call us, call anybody, we need to hear your voice," she said.

If you have any information about Wood's whereabouts call the family at 251-625-9201 or call your local police department.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...zIBm5sP_Q.cspx

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/20...ing-near-i-10/

brittney's facebook http://www.facebook.com/brittney.wood.906
    her mom''s fb https://www.facebook.com/chessie.wood.7
    her aunt's facebook http://www.facebook.com/people/Sonya-Wood/1450075333

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ho...51298481547844
    Last edited by rachy; 06-14-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: added facebooks

Where is Brittany Wood?

Nineteen year old Brittany Wood has been missing from the Mobile, Alabama region since May 30, 2012. Her case is a tragic and mysterious one that comes with the possibility that she was murdered by her own kin. Her uncle, Donnie Holland (also reported as Donnie Wood) committed suicide the same day she was reported missing. This strange behavior almost seems as though the man was guilty of some kind of wrongdoing, as she was last seen walking to the man's house before vanishing without a trace. Now the search for the missing 19 year old is continuing with the help of KlaasKIDS Foundation -- a volunteer search group headed by the father of slain girl Polly Klaas.

So where is Brittany Wood? The young woman's cellphone was last pinged in the Robertsdale region -- which is approximately 30 miles from Mobile, give or take a few miles. Her uncle, Donnie Holland, drove near the area before committing suicide. So what happened? Did he kill his own niece before cowardly taking his own life? It wouldn't be the first time a relative has offed a young woman before taking his or her own life. The national search director of KlaasKIDS will be conducting a community search for the 19-year old, and is encouraging community members to join in on the search.

It's unfortunate because Alabama is a heavily wooded state with plenty of places in which to hide human remains. It may be extremely difficult to locate this woman -- assuming she is deceased. A commenter on this Gather News article tried to make the assumption that Brittany Nicole Wood may have murdered her uncle and went on the run -- but this doesn't seem realistic in the slightest.

Brittany Wood has also been spelled Brittney Wood -- but it's not known yet which spelling is the correct form for this missing young woman. Comments would be appreciated on the matter.

http://www.chelseahoffman.com/2012/0...tany-wood.html

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Ugh. Not at all promising.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-...-brittney-wood

In another bizarre twist in the mysterious disappearance of a teen mom, police have reported on Friday that her uncles have been arrested for sexual abuse.

Brittney Wood, 19, from Tillmans Corner, Alabama was last seen on May 30, leaving her mother's home. It was reported that Brittney, who is a single mother, told her family she was going to see her uncle Donald "Donnie" Holland near the Styx River. Although Brittney's mother, Chessie Wood told HLN (see video) that Brittney was going to her friend Courtney's house, and she ended up at the Styx River location.

View slideshow: Brittney Wood family members arrested

Chessie said that it was too far for Brittney to walk, so she believes that Brittney must have gotten a ride from someone, and thinks it may have been Courtney.

On June 1, Donnie Holland was found in his home in Fairhope by his wife. He had committed suicide, reports Fox 10 News, from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The Baldwin County Sheriff's Office said Holland was being investigated for sexual abuse at the time.

Advertisement

"Her uncle has committed suicide and supposedly he was the last one she was with and so we're worried about that," said Wallace Hanke, Brittney's father.

Brittney's cell phone had pinged near that area and it was also turned on six days after she went missing.

"This was the last place her phone was pinged. They found the signal bouncing off one of these towers and we haven't talked to her in over a week. We need some help finding her," said Hanke earlier in the month.

The BCSO would not confirm the rumor that Wood had gone to visit her uncle instead of going to visit Courtney, but did say the three-day search in the Styx River area was related to her cell phone records, reports Lagniappe news. The cell phone was later used in south Mobile County.

Although it was originally reported that the family did not hear from Brittney after the day she left, the Mobile Police Dept. stated they have received "incomplete answers," and that the family did hear from her after she left the home and the time she was reported missing.

Then Tuesday, June 19, two of Brittney's family members were arrested for a sex crime.

Randall Scott Wood, 42, was arrested for sodomy and incest after police received information from a juvenile on June 19. Dustin Alton Kent, 36, was also arrested and charged with sodomy and rape on June 19. Capt. Steve Arthur of the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office said that these two men are cousins of Brittney, in the video, although other information has identified them as Brittney's uncles. Randall Scott Wood is Brittney's mom's (Chessie Wood) brother and Dustin Kent is married to Brittney's mom's sister, Mendy. 
Mendy is twin sister to Wendy, Donnie Hollands Wife .

"I think that once our investigation is complete and all the individuals that are implicated in this investigation are brought to arrest, I can give you more details; and you'll understand how serious the crime is," said Capt. Arthur tells Fox 10 news.

Brittney is still missing and there is only speculation where she may be at this point. Earlier in the month, her brother said that he thought she may be scared and was in hiding. The charges against her family members may explain why she would feel the need to hide. We can only hope that after all the arrests have been made that Capt. Arthur was referring to, Brittney will reappear.

What a familly!!! Maybe they're involved...

Brittney Wood's Brother Arrested

MOBILE, ALABAMA --

The search for Brittney Wood continues. But, day after day there have been no signs of the missing 19 year old who was last seen on May 30th. Family members say she was going to visit her uncle in Baldwin County. He was later found dead, police say he committed suicide.

With each search yielding no results the family of Brittney Wood continues to make headlines. The teen's oldest brother, Derek, was arrested on Friday and charged with second degree rape, incest and sodomy.

Derek has been a vocal part of his sister's search. News 5 spoke to him back in June. At that time he wanted to use our camera to send a message to Brittney in case she was watching.

"I want her to call my cell phone 382-0***. I love you and miss you please call me," Derek said.

Brittney's mom says her son and daughter are only 16 months apart in age. Derek and Brittney were close growing up and shared a tight bond.

"They have the same friends, run the same places, I mean they're like this. He is Brittney's protector and he feels like he wasn't there when he should've been," says the teen's mom.

The family has had more questions than answers over the last month and a half. Two of Brittney's uncles were also arrested and have made headlines since her disappearance.

Randall Wood and Dustin Kent were both booked into the Baldwin County Jail on June 19th. They were charged with sodomy and rape.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jul/1...ed-ar-4138504/

wtf is going on this this girls family

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Wow, what a cluster fuck. Even though it doesn't look very good, I am really hoping they find her and that she is ok.

Derek, was arrested on Friday and charged with second degree rape, incest and sodomy.
    Against who? Brittany?

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

Quote Originally Posted by poppy213 View Post
    Against who? Brittany?
    they said it didn't have anything to do with brittney, another relative was arrested.

Fourth relative of missing teen arrested

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - The Baldwin County Sheriff’s said they’ve made another arrest in the fast moving sex crimes case, involving relatives of missing teenager, Brittney Wood.

Deputies said 20-year-old Donald Holland of Daphne was booked in the Baldwin County jail on charges on incest, rape, and sex abuse.

This is the fourth family member to be arrested in this case.

Authorities said Holland’s father, Donnie, committed suicide in May.

Relatives of Wood said the missing 19-year-old mother was last seen heading to visit Donnie.

Wood’s other two uncles and her brother have already been arrested in connection with this case.

The sheriff’s office said all along that Wood’s disappearance and the sex abuse cases are not related.

Deputies said there could be another arrest in this case.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/loca...lative-of-wood

BCSO: No proof Wood, sex abuse arrests connected

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - Relatives said the search for missing teen Brittney Wood has seen its share of setbacks.

Since the teen’s disappearance on May 30, three family members have been arrested on sex crimes; and according to relatives, a fourth committed suicide the day she vanished.

“We're definitely focused on finding her one way or another,” said Brittney’s stepmother Stephanie Hanke, who spoke to FOX10 with Brittney’s father. “The not knowing is what is killing us.”

Relatives said the teen was last seen heading to visit her uncle, Donald Holland, in the Styx River area.

He was later found dead, due to an apparent suicide.

“We don't know if what happened to Brittney went to the grave with him,” said Hanke.

In the weeks that followed, two of Brittney’s uncles and most recently her own brother, Derek, were arrested and charged with sex crimes, including incest.

Baldwin County deputies maintain Brittney’s disappearance and the sex abuse cases are not related.

“She is not a victim in our sex abuse case, and our case has been going on much longer than the missing person's report that was filed with Mobile Police Department on Brittney wood,” said BCSO Major Anthony Lowery.

Some of Wood's family, however, said they need more than that.

“That’s not a good enough reason for us,” said Hanke. “They cannot explain to us, to convince us that it has nothing to do with it. They have yet to convince us.”

Her family said they want to see justice served for those victims. But in the meantime, they said their focus is, and will remain finding Wood.

“No matter how many more arrests come or don't come or whatever, we still have to find Brittney one way or the other. If nothing else, for closure for her 2-year-old,” she said.

Deputies told FOX10 news all victims involved in the sex abuse case were under the age of 16 at the time.

Authorities said they are expecting to make two more arrests in that case.

Meanwhile, the search for Brittney Wood continues.

If you would like to help you can visit the “The Hometown search for Brittney Wood” on Facebook or klasskids.com

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/loca...ests-connected

what the fuck is going on.. haha i have read all of these posts and all I really got out of it is everyone is raping everyone and a girl is missing and an uncle committed suicide the same day.

i need to read all of this again and make a timeline or something - this is so fucked up... i may have to organize all the bullshit on Excel lol

That is a shit ton of people in one family to be getting arrested for virtually the same thing AND this girl is missing. I think it is very safe to say that her uncle that an hero'd did something terrible to her and now police just need to focus on finding the body. Just my opinion.

I really wish we had a suspect in the rape and murder of this young lady... But her whole family has an alibi as most of them were out performing incestual sodomy-rape on other people the night she went missing. DARN!

Maybe Brittany found out what her familly members were doing, and after confronting her auncle he killed her...

Officials: Gun uncle used in suicide was Brittney's
    Wood has been missing since May 30, 2012

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - FOX10 News has uncovered new information in the case of missing teenager Brittney wood.

Wood was last seen May 30 heading to Baldwin County and the Styx River area with her uncle, Donald Holland.

Deputies said Holland was found two days later with a self-inflicted gunshot wound on June 1. He died in the hospital June 4.

Investigators confirm the Raven .25-caliber handgun Holland used in the suicide belonged to Wood.

We spoke with Wood’s mother about the discovery.

Chessie Wood said she felt her daughter's disappearance was mysterious since the beginning. However, she is unsure how Holland may have gotten Brittney’s gun.

"We believe we have missed something that is hollering our name, and maybe it was so obvious,” said Chessie.

At first, some relatives thought Brittney may have skipped town.

"We as a family do not see how she had the means to run,” said Chessie. “We’ve covered every friend, every one of them are accounted for. I mean if she had to run because she's that scared, I would really believe that she would have [taken] her daughter with her.

“It just really does not look good that she went missing May 30 and two days later he commits suicide.”

Just a few weeks after her daughter vanished, four family members were arrested and charged with sex crimes, including incest.

A source close to the investigation said Holland was a suspect in that same family sex abuse case and was expected to meet with authorities June 1, about half an hour after he shot himself.

Relatives said they are back to square one and hope a $1,500 reward will lead to more information about the case.

“I mean, I just want an answer. That’s all I want. I want to bring her home whether it be tragically or a happy ending,” said Wood.

Brittney’s relatives told deputies that the teen normally only had two bullets in her gun. FOX10 confirmed the weapon did have just one bullet left, after Holland shot himself..

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/loca...-reward-fliers

This is such a crazy story.. I really hope they find this girl. Every couple days I look her up to see if there's any news, but nothing. So horrible.

This is a bunch of craziness.

seriously? just turned on t.v. and her story is on... lol

im like damn, that was forever ago.

Uncle of missing teen Brittney Wood 'raped different relative, 13, while her father watched' - as FIVE family members are now charged with sex crimes
    Brittney Wood, 19, vanished in May as she went to visit an uncle
    He shot himself dead two days later - just before he was to be quizzed by police in a sex-abuse investigation
    Brittney's brother, cousin, aunt and 2 uncles arrested on different charges
    Three of the men are accused of raping 12-year-old girl

The uncle of missing Alabama teenager Brittney Wood raped a 13-year-old relative as her father watched, a police detective has testified in court.

Dustin Kent, who stands accused of sodomy and sexual abuse in multiple cases, is just one of Brittney's five relatives arrested on sex charges since her disappearance in May.

Police say that the charges do not relate to the missing 19-year-old, who left behind her two-year-old daughter. Her uncle, Donnie Holland, shot himself with her gun just two days after she vanished.

On Monday, Sgt. Scott Congleton from the Mobile police testified at a preliminary hearing in Mobile County District Court that the rape committed by Kent took place in 2008 when the girl was 13.

The victim, now 17, only came forward earlier this year amid the search for Brittney and her claims were 'credible', Congleton said.

He recounted her ordeal, explaining the girl's father lured her with the promise of going to a pet store to buy a hamster - but instead, they drove to Kent's workplace, the Mobile Register reported.

Kent, 36, joined them in the car and they drove to a run-down industrial park as it became darker.

As they were driving, the girl complained that she had a headache and Kent rubbed her head, Congleton said. He started to kiss her but she pushed him away, he added.

When the car pulled over, Kent took off her clothes and performed a sex act on her before raping her as her father watched, Congleton testified.

'She kept telling him to stop. He did not,' the detective said.

At the hearing, the judge concluded that prosecutors had enough evidence to send the rape and sodomy charges against Kent to a grand jury.

Kent has been freed on bail but cannot contact the victim or children younger than 16.

Police have downplayed any connection between Brittney's disappearance and the charges against her relatives. Assistant District Attorney Nicki Patterson said it remains under investigation.

The young mother vanished on May 30 after saying that she planned to visit her uncle, Donnie Holland, in Baldwin County, but she has not been seen since.

Two days later, Holland shot himself in the head with what police later learned was Brittney's gun.

His suicide came as he, too, was under investigation for molestation, and he killed himself just half an hour before he was being interviewed by detectives, police said.

But while he escaped the investigation, five of his other relatives and one family friend have not. The five relatives are Brittney's brother, cousin, aunt and two uncles - including Kent.

Most recently, her aunt and Donnie Holland's wife, 33-year-old Wendy Holland, was arrested and charged with one count of endangering the welfare of a child.

Wendy Holland's two young children, who are in grade school, were handed over to the Department of Human Resources after her arrest on October 17, authorities said.

Her stepson, Donald Holland Jr., also stands accused of raping a 12-year-old girl in January 2011.

Brittney's brother Derek Wood, 22, has been arrested for rape and sodomy, and allegedly had sex with the same 12-year-old.

Another uncle - her mother's brother - Randall Scott Wood, was arrested on June 19 on charges of incest, sodomy and sexual abuse - the same day Kent and Donnie Holland Sr. were arrested.

Kent is the brother-in-law of Brittney's mother; he is married to Wendy Holland's twin sister, Mendy.

In addition to the family arrests, Donnie Holland's friend, William Brownlee, was arrested on July 22 for second-degree sodomy and for having sex with the 12-year-old girl.

Police said they anticipate even more arrests in the sex-abuse investigation, which they carried out over three months.

There has been no sign of Brittney since she went to her uncle's house on May 30, and at first relatives thought she might have run away.

'We as a family do not see how she had the means to run,' her mother Chessie Wood said. 'We've covered every friend, every one of them are accounted for,' Mrs Woods said.

'I mean if she had to run because she's that scared, I would really believe that she would have [taken] her daughter with her.'

Of Donnie Holland's suicide, she said: 'It just really does not look good that she went missing May 30 and two days later he commits suicide.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ex-crimes.html

I can't believe Kent was freed on bail. WTF?

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/nov/29/br-ar-5075693/ When Wendy went to court they added more charges.
    The grand jury met and has indicted her on the child endangerment charge as well as sodomy on a child less than 12, sex abuse on a child less than 12, as well as sexual torture
    WTF is wrong with this family!!!! How I wish this was the fiction we read from Toni. THIS GIRL lived a nightmare and more likely than not WAS murdered. Either that, or (I hope) she shot that sick fucker in the head and fled! The latter is just wishful thinking on my part. :(

How the police kept saying for so long that her being gone and the uncle getting a new hole in his head was unrelated defies all logic. It's not like they weren't already investigating his sorry ass for child molestation.

This case saddens me beyond words. How many children in this family suffered from these twisted people? How in the world did this weirdness ever even come up in conversation to be agreed to? Like the crap with the Dad and his BIL in the truck! Were they all aware and in one each others rape, torture, incest, sodomy? Or what?

WHERE is Brittney Wood?!?

This poor girl! What kind of family is it where a father watchs his daughter get raped? SICK!!! If her last known destination was the uncle who commited suicide, doesn't it sound likely he killed her first? This is so screwed up.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

http://www.gulfcoastnewstoday.com/ar...a4bcf887a.html

," Alabama -- A family member of a missing teen mom last seen in the Styx River area is facing additional charges in an ongoing sexual abuse investigation in Baldwin County.
    Wendy Wood Holland, 33, of Bay Minette, was arrested Aug. 22 and charged with endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor.
    The Baldwin County District Attorney’s office has confirmed that when she appeared in court to face that charge on Thursday she was indicted on additional charges, including sodomy of a child less than 12, sex abuse of a child less than 12 and sexual torture.
    Baldwin County Corrections Facility records show that Holland was booked into the Baldwin County Jail facility on Thursday, Nov. 29 on charges of sodomy first degree. As of Monday, she remains in jail on a $200,000 bond.
    Holland’s arrest in August was the sixth in connection with an investigation involving Randall Scott Wood, 42, of Athens, Tenn., and Dustin Alton Kent, 36, of Mobile, who has been arrested twice in the case, and is not related to the May 30 disappearance of 19-year-old Brittney Wood, who is the niece of Randall Wood and Dustin Kent, according to published reports.
    Kent was arrested June 19 and released on $10,000 bond. He was arrested again on July 16 and again released on a $10,000 bond. Randall Scott Wood was arrested June 19 and released on a $25,000 bond.
    Brittney Wood’s brother, Derek Thomas Wood, 21, of Mobile, was arrested on July 13 on felony charges of second degree rape and second degree sodomy. He was arrested again on Oct. 18 on a probation violation after failing to appear and fleeing from police in Mobile. He remains in jail without bond.
    Brittney Wood’s cousin, Donald Paul Holland Jr., 20, of Daphne, was booked into the Baldwin County Corrections Facility on Tuesday, July 17, and is facing felony charges of incest and second degree rape, along with a misdemeanor charge of second degree sexual abuse. Records show he has been released on a $10,000 bond.
    More than 200 volunteers, including rescue squads from Escambia County in Florida and Monroe, Mobile and Baldwin counties in Alabama, turned out to the Rosinton Fire Station June 6 and 7 to help search for the teen, who was reported missing on June 2. The group has since conducted additional searches in both Mobile and Baldwin counties, but no new evidence has been reported in the case.
    According to her parents, she left their Tillman’s Corner home on May 30 and said she was going to a friend’s house. When they had not heard from her by June 2, they called and reported her missing.
    Wood's family members reported her last cell phone transmission was located less than a mile away from her uncle's home in the Styx River area. Concern escalated when the uncle, Donald Holland Sr., reportedly Wendy Holland’s husband and the father of Donald Holland Jr., was found dead at his Fairhope home about a week later of an apparent self-inflicted gun-shot wound.
    Volunteers conducted a two-day search with the help of California-based organization KlaasKIDS Foundation, combing an area within a five-mile radius of the uncle’s home.
    Randall Wood and Kent were arrested less than two weeks later, on June 19, the result of a three-month investigation in and around the Marlow community, according to reports.
    Randall Wood was booked on felony charges of second degree sodomy and incest and a misdemeanor charge of second degree sexual abuse. He was released on $25,000 bond.
    Kent was booked on felony charges of first degree sodomy and second degree rape and was released on $10,000 bond. Records show he released again on a $10,000 bond after being booked July 16 on charges of second degree rape, second degree sodomy and incest.
    According to reports, the latest arrest involves at least two victims. The District Attorney’s office would not confirm if the victims were boys or girls, but said new evidence led to Holland’s Nov. 29 arrest."

Yet, still no Britney. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Thread Information