Thread: Keith Furlow (30) was charged with murder after he fed his baby vodka laced formula

Keith Furlow (30) was charged with murder after he fed his baby vodka laced formula

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012..._laced_formula

A GRAND jury indicted an Atlanta father Thursday over the death of his four-month-old daughter, who died after allegedly being fed vodka mixed with baby formula.
    Keith Furlow, 30, was indicted on charges of felony murder and cruelty to children in the second degree, related to his baby's June 2011 death, myFOXatlanta.com reported.
    A toxicology report showed that the baby had a blood-alcohol concentration level of .1119, police said.
    DeKalb County District Attorney Robert James said he could not discuss a motive for the crime.
    The announcement comes just days after a California mom was slapped with child abuse charges for unwittingly giving her baby formula made in a water bottle filled with alcohol. The woman's baby survived.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...#ixzz1xpxr8FLO

Last edited by Olivia; 06-15-2012 at 12:54 AM.

If I did my math correctly, I believe this is his fb......http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...053557&sk=info

Wait, didnt the mom from the first incident do it on accident? Also, how did this guy give it to the baby? Was it another one of those'mistakes' like the other woman?

I hate vodka, how does a baby even choke it down?

I have heard a few times from people that using whiskey or bourbon helps with teething, but I think that is only rubbing it on the gums. Then again, we are not living in the 1920's and even that is not necessary.

I am wondering if this dad was trying to get the baby to sleep? Stupid, if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Maybe he was trying to get the baby to sleep, but like you said, even that is not neccessary. Hell, a few shots of vodka and Im a little tipsy, I cant imagine a baby!

I have heard whiskey on the gums being used for teething and even tho Im pretty redneck, even I havent tried that!

My mom always had little tricks she used for the grandbabies. If the babies were gassy, mom would put a peppermint disc in a bottle of warm water and shake it up. Then she always took a little receiving blanket and put it in the dryer on high heat for a few minutes. She would get the blanket out, wrap the baby up tight and let the baby have a little bit of peppermint water. They always started farting and then would promptly fall asleep. Some of those little things they used to do still work!

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Wait, didnt the mom from the first incident do it on accident? Also, how did this guy give it to the baby? Was it another one of those'mistakes' like the other woman?

I hate vodka, how does a baby even choke it down?
    It says in the article that it was an accident. I'm wondering exactly how that kind of accident happens, though. Kind of like leaving your baby on top of your car and then driving away, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    It says in the article that it was an accident. I'm wondering exactly how that kind of accident happens, though. Kind of like leaving your baby on top of your car and then driving away, I suppose.
    See, I can see this being an accident! Vodka doesnt have a strong smell unless you get right in it. If it was in a water bottle or something, maybe he didnt know and that's what happened.
    I can imagine pouring what i believe to be water into a bottle but normally that never happened unless i was traveling or away from home. I always used tap water so I don't know.

Leaving your baby on top of a car is way different tho, you have to admit. I can say that i have never set my babies when they were in infant car seats on top of any of my cars. Never made sense to me but i suppose people do it. But to drive off is just wtf to me.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    See, I can see this being an accident! Vodka doesnt have a strong smell unless you get right in it. If it was in a water bottle or something, maybe he didnt know and that's what happened.
    I can imagine pouring what i believe to be water into a bottle but normally that never happened unless i was traveling or away from home. I always used tap water so I don't know.

Leaving your baby on top of a car is way different tho, you have to admit. I can say that i have never set my babies when they were in infant car seats on top of any of my cars. Never made sense to me but i suppose people do it. But to drive off is just wtf to me.
    I guess I just don't see a very thick line between forgetting your baby is on a car and forgetting that your baby shouldn't have lethal doses of alcohol.

I get that they can say they mistook vodka for alcohol. I just don't get how you could possibly make such a mistake concerning your baby. Why would you even allow yourself the possibility to make that mistake (i.e., why could the vodka and water be mistaken for each other- why are they in remotely the same area)? Unless a) you did it on purpose, b) you had just indulged in more of that vodka, drugs, pills, etc. *shrugs*

Ah common! Poor sot was tired and maybe drunk as well. It was almost inevitable.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I guess I just don't see a very thick line between forgetting your baby is on a car and forgetting that your baby shouldn't have lethal doses of alcohol.

I get that they can say they mistook vodka for alcohol. I just don't get how you could possibly make such a mistake concerning your baby. Why would you even allow yourself the possibility to make that mistake (i.e., why could the vodka and water be mistaken for each other- why are they in remotely the same area)? Unless a) you did it on purpose, b) you had just indulged in more of that vodka, drugs, pills, etc. *shrugs*
    The way you are wording this is the problem. IF it was truly an accident (we don't know wtf happened, for all we know he meant to do it or he totally had no clue it was vodka) then the issue of "forgetting that your baby shouldn't have lethal doses of alcohol" is totally irrelevant. Everybody knows babies can't have alcohol.

I used to put vodka in water bottles in and then put them in the fridge, unlabeled. I'd remember it was vodka, but nobody else knew, so there would be occasions where my boyfriend would go for a drink of water and be unpleasantly surprised. Granted, we didn't have a baby in the house, and if we did, chances are I wouldn't have been as careless.

BUT, until we get more details about whether this was intentional or accidental, I think it's safe to say that it's plausible that it could have been an accident without him being the worst father on the planet. He might have made the formula in a hurry and not realized what he'd done until it was too late. It really isn't that far-fetched.

But god I hope it wasn't on purpose.

But not everyone hides vodka in water bottles like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by vaela View Post
    The way you are wording this is the problem. IF it was truly an accident (we don't know wtf happened, for all we know he meant to do it or he totally had no clue it was vodka) then the issue of "forgetting that your baby shouldn't have lethal doses of alcohol" is totally irrelevant. Everybody knows babies can't have alcohol.

I used to put vodka in water bottles in and then put them in the fridge, unlabeled. I'd remember it was vodka, but nobody else knew, so there would be occasions where my boyfriend would go for a drink of water and be unpleasantly surprised. Granted, we didn't have a baby in the house, and if we did, chances are I wouldn't have been as careless.

BUT, until we get more details about whether this was intentional or accidental, I think it's safe to say that it's plausible that it could have been an accident without him being the worst father on the planet. He might have made the formula in a hurry and not realized what he'd done until it was too late. It really isn't that far-fetched.

But god I hope it wasn't on purpose.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/facetious

Buuuut speaking of irrelevant, that would apply to you having vodka in water bottles without any remote possibility of giving one to a baby. Because, you know, you didn't have one in your house and all.

*triple snap*

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Yea, people know to sniff any water bottles around me before swigging.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information