Thread: Parent to Sue Modesto School District over R-Rated Movies

Parent to Sue Modesto School District over R-Rated Movies

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...ory?hpt=ju_bn6

MODESTO?

A parent of a recently-graduated Enochs High School student is not accepting an apology and wants further action after her daughter and others were shown R-rated movies on a recent school field trip.

Students in one of the buses heading to Disneyland for the schools senior trip were shown ?Hangover II,? ?The Sitter? and ?Jackass,? all R-rated movies, which although the students are old enough to watch, the school district has a policy that says movies with R-ratings are not allowed to be watched on school trips or school grounds unless approved for educational purposes.

?It was a mistake and we?ve taken measures to make sure this doesn?t happen in the future, an honest mistake, ?says Modesto Schools Spokesperson Becky Fortuna.
    Be the first to know! Sign up for FOX40 breaking news alerts.

The students were shown the movies by an employee at Enochs High.

The parent named Aurelia Crater told the Modesto Bee that her daughter was made fun of after watching the movies, ones that she is not allowed to watch.

The 17-year-old was so devastated according to her mother that she skipped walking at her graduation.

Crater says her lawyer is advising her not to talk to anyone about her case, although she had already spoken the newspaper.

She did not specify how much she was looking for in damages.
    A few things about this are bugging the shit out of me.

1) They were on their way to grad night which I am positive has not changed much since I went, everyone is drinking and or doing drugs behind the chaperones back, these movies are the least of all of the worries when it comes to that stupid Disneyland trip.

2) The kids were all of age to watch the films, this one poor unfortunate girl has been so censored by her parents. I wouldn't call that the norm, I would call that an exception. Not sure why they girl had to announce it to her peers when it would have been just as easy to not watch it.

3) If she really was so embarrassed by the whole situation that she refused to walk onstage for graduation, clearly there are larger issues at hand. It sounds like she is incredibly sheltered and it has led her to become emotionally stunted.

I swear to god if these retarded parents sue and win..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I so agree, green eyes!! So ridiculous that these parents find it appropriate to waste the court's time and taxpayer money on something so incredibly stupid. And they want damages? WTF? So you want to be reimbursed for the time your daughter "suffered" through movies on a class trip? Fuck off, already, parents...jeezus. Yet another ridiculous waste of the court's time. And I'll bet these kids voted on which movies to watch, too.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information