Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Naked man killed by Miami Police while 'eating' face off another person

other weirdness:

Police: Hackensack man stabbed himself and threw intestines at officers

TUESDAY, MAY 29, 2012 LAST UPDATED: WEDNESDAY MAY 30, 2012, 1:57 PM
    BY MARLENE NAANES

HACKENSACK — A man who stabbed himself repeatedly in front of police — and then threw his skin and intestines at them — remains in critical condition Tuesday morning, police said.

Police said they got a call at 10 p.m. Sunday from someone saying Wayne Carter, 43, had a knife and was threatening to hurt himself.

When police officers arrived at the Clay Street home, they kicked in a door to his room, which had been blocked with furniture, said Lt. John Heinemann.

Carter was in the corner of the room with a knife in his hand, and he stood up, he yelled at police while stabbing himself all over his body. Officers noticed that his intestines were protruding from a wound in his abdomen, Heinemann said. Carter allegedly threw some of his skin and intestines at officers as they tried to enter the room, Heinemann said.

The officers ordered him to drop the 12-inch kitchen knife, but he didn’t. Carter is accused of swinging the knife at officers, police said. The officers sprayed two cans of pepper spray at the man without any effect.

The officers retreated and called the Bergen County SWAT Team, which helped subdue Carter so he could be taken to Hackensack University Medical Center.

He underwent emergency surgery, and remained in critical condition Tuesday. Carter had a history of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest and has been taken to the hospital for psychiatric reasons in the past, Heinemann said.

Email: naanes@northjersey.com
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by okac View Post
    interesting... I wonder why
    perhaps there's less people staying dead...

Victim of ‘Miami Zombie’ attack graduated from Manhattan’s Stuyvesant High School
    Video shows Ronald Poppo’s face was eaten for 18 minutes

BY HELEN KENNEDY / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 2:51 PM
    Updated: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 2:51 PM

Ronald Poppo in his 1964 Stuyvesant High School yearbook photo and at right in a Florida police mugshot.

The homeless drifter whose face was partially eaten by a real-life Hannibal Lecter turns out to be a brainy 1964 graduate of New York’s elite Stuyvesant High School.

And as if the details of the “Miami Zombie” attack couldn’t get any more gruesome, new video released Wednesday reveals that the unconscious victim’s face was chewed and eaten for 18 minutes — and that he awoke just as horrified paramedics were taking him away.

Ronald Poppo, 65, was in the Latin Club and worked in the guidance office at Stuyvesant before his life hit the skids, his yearbook shows. According to his long record of petty arrests, he spent the last four decades in Florida.

Cops have also started piecing together the last hours of Rudy Eugene, 31, the “Causeway Cannibal” who was shot dead by cops when he refused to stop tearing away chunks of Poppo’s face.

WHAT ARE 'BATH SALTS'? OFFICIALS SAY SYNTHETIC DRUG IN DISGUISE WAS BEHIND CANNIBAL ATTACK

Eugene’s last day started at 2 a.m. Saturday at his girlfriend’s house, where he suddenly took off after behaving oddly, rifling through both his clothes and hers, CBS Miami reported.

He told a friend he was going to Miami Beach to check out Urban Beach Weekend, a huge Memorial Day party drawing people from all over.

Cops later found and towed his purple Chevy sedan, which was parked illegally. Eugene had apparently abandoned it because it didn’t start.

He then appears to have started walking back across the 3-mile causeway to the mainland in the hot sun, shedding clothes as he went.

Cops found his clothes and driver’s license strewn along the causeway like fairy-tale breadcrumbs.

About 2 p.m., Eugene stopped right by the Miami Herald building, where a security camera caught him crouching over Poppo, who was reclining in the shade of an overpass.

Brief clips of the security video had been released earlier. But the full video reveals just how long the grisly attack took, and how many people biked, drove or walked by without stopping.

Details in the video are obscured by waving palm fronds and the overpass, but it shows a naked Eugene rolling Poppo’s body a few feet and then taking his pants off.

He appears to punch and manhandle Poppo’s limp body for a few minutes, then drags it a few feet further — to a spot largely obscured from the camera.

During this time, Eugene chewed off 80% of Poppo’s face, tearing away his nose, mouth, eyes and cheeks.

“He was actually swallowing pieces of the man's face,” said Armando Aguilar, president of Miami's Fraternal Order of Police.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz1wOirbp5R
    people rode and walked by as it was happening!

(Page 2 of 2)

Police say five passers-by called 911 to report the attack.

Eighteen minutes after Eugene first stumbled on Poppo, the video shows Miami police officer Jose Rivera pulling up and emerging casually from his patrol car to what he must have thought was a routine call.

He takes one good look at the bloody scene and immediately draws his gun.

Police said he ordered Eugene to stop chewing, but Eugene just growled at him, so Rivera shot him. That didn’t stop him, so Rivera shot him three more times, police say.

What was wrong with Eugene remains a mystery. The coroner is conducting toxicology tests to see what drugs he might have taken.

Many in law enforcement suspect the new synthetic street drug called “bath salts,” which creates a speedy, amphetamine-like high that can trigger extreme violence.

Police in Columbus, Ohio, say two men believed to be on the new drug were shot by cops in separate incidents in just the last week.

The Miami Herald video shows that paramedics arrived two minutes after Rivera to find a naked dead man and an unconscious man with a pulpy red mask for a face.

As paramedics began tending to him, he awoke and began to writhe.

Paramedics tend to the victim's facial injuries and carefully place him on a stretcher. As they carry him from the walkway where the attack took place to the ambulance, he starts to wave his arms around and has to be strapped down.

Poppo remains in Jackson Memorial Hospital in critical condition. Authorities have been unable to find his next of kin.

Eugene was known to the North Miami Police Department cops as the first person they ever Tasered. That incident occurred in 2008, when cops took him in for beating and threatening to kill his mother.

Police told WPLG-TV in Miami they had to Taser him three times to subdue him.

"He wasn't cooperative, wouldn't follow orders, very belligerent," Detective Mike Pons remembered.

"He had that thousand-yard stare, staring right into you, not assessing or understanding what the commands were."

Eugene was found guilty, but the court suspended his sentence saying he was “not likely to engage in” in any further criminal conduct.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz1wOk0agQF
    more info. there goes my hopes that the poor man passed out from pain and stayed gone.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I wonder if DM knows the victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Yea, and you would have.......? Done what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Yea, and you would have.......? Done what?
    i don't know... honestly, i said that before i read the next page of the article... i was thinking they all just walked by - i didn't realize they also called the police.

i'm not sure about just walking by though. i'd like to think i'd start screaming and banging things and attracting as much attention as possible so that maybe someone more equip to kick the shit out of the guy would step in and minimize the damage.

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Naked Lunch
    FORREST WICKMAN
    SLATE
    MAY 29, 2012 ET
    A naked man now identified as 31-year-old Rudy Eugene was shot dead Saturday after he refused to stop eating another man's face. Police have speculated that the man may have suffered from psychosis, perhaps induced by cocaine or LSD. In March, during what was also deemed a psychotic episode, ?Kony 2012? director Jason Russell ran around San Diego naked. Why do psychotic people strip naked?
    Many times it?s because the voices in their head told them to. Public nudity by the mentally ill seems to occur most often as part of other hallucinations and distortions of reality. Some feel that God or some other powerful entity has commanded them to reveal the radiance of their whole body, or they suddenly believe themselves to be an exotic dancer. After such an episode is over, many will remember having those thought processes, while others find the urges inexplicable. It is widely accepted that drugs like LSD and methamphetamine can trigger psychotic episodes. Such behavior is not surprising among psychotic individuals, but psychotic nudity may seem more common in the public?s eye than it actually is because the displays are so shocking and offensive.
    Among those with mental illness, sudden and uncalled-for nakedness is most closely associated with catatonia. Catatonia is usually an expression of mental disorders like bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, but it could also come from other medical problems, such as a brain tumor. Nakedness is not among the top symptoms associated with catatonia (more often catatonics are thought to be waxy or frozen or have other difficulties with motor control), but a person unexpectedly found to be running around naked in public is likely to suffer from that condition. In the case of each of these illnesses, the behavior occurs in a very small percentage of sufferers.
    In other cases, people with dementia may also strip down in public and at unsuitable times; this behavior is usually unrelated to any kind of psychosis. Rather than being delusional, dementia patients seem to just be confused. Additionally, bipolar people experiencing a manic episode may simply lose their inhibitions, which can result in flashing or streaking or other inappropriate nudity, but that seems to be a less common cause than delusions.
    In a similar incident of psychotic cannibalism?nudity-free, it?s worth noting?in which a Canada bus passenger suddenly cut off another man?s head and reportedly began to eat him, the attacker later revealed that he?d heard the voice of God and believed the victim was an alien.

Got a question about today?s news? Ask the Explainer.
    Explainer thanks Charles Raison and Ole Thienhaus of the University of Arizona

other weirdness:

Police: Hackensack man stabbed himself and threw intestines at officers

TUESDAY, MAY 29, 2012 LAST UPDATED: WEDNESDAY MAY 30, 2012, 1:57 PM
    BY MARLENE NAANES

HACKENSACK — A man who stabbed himself repeatedly in front of police — and then threw his skin and intestines at them — remains in critical condition Tuesday morning, police said.

Police said they got a call at 10 p.m. Sunday from someone saying Wayne Carter, 43, had a knife and was threatening to hurt himself.

When police officers arrived at the Clay Street home, they kicked in a door to his room, which had been blocked with furniture, said Lt. John Heinemann.

Carter was in the corner of the room with a knife in his hand, and he stood up, he yelled at police while stabbing himself all over his body. Officers noticed that his intestines were protruding from a wound in his abdomen, Heinemann said. Carter allegedly threw some of his skin and intestines at officers as they tried to enter the room, Heinemann said.

The officers ordered him to drop the 12-inch kitchen knife, but he didn’t. Carter is accused of swinging the knife at officers, police said. The officers sprayed two cans of pepper spray at the man without any effect.

The officers retreated and called the Bergen County SWAT Team, which helped subdue Carter so he could be taken to Hackensack University Medical Center.

He underwent emergency surgery, and remained in critical condition Tuesday. Carter had a history of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest and has been taken to the hospital for psychiatric reasons in the past, Heinemann said.

Email: naanes@northjersey.com
    this is the town next to mine. SCORE ONE for northern new jersey!!
    HOW do you stay conscious while removing your own intestines?? what DRUGS are these people taking??

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    This reads much like Preston/Child's Reliquary, the sequel to Relic.

Quote Originally Posted by Key West Digger View Post
    Naked Lunch
    FORREST WICKMAN
    SLATE
    MAY 29, 2012 ET
    A naked man now identified as 31-year-old Rudy Eugene was shot dead Saturday after he refused to stop eating another man's face. Police have speculated that the man may have suffered from psychosis, perhaps induced by cocaine or LSD. In March, during what was also deemed a psychotic episode, ?Kony 2012? director Jason Russell ran around San Diego naked. Why do psychotic people strip naked?
    Many times it?s because the voices in their head told them to. Public nudity by the mentally ill seems to occur most often as part of other hallucinations and distortions of reality. Some feel that God or some other powerful entity has commanded them to reveal the radiance of their whole body, or they suddenly believe themselves to be an exotic dancer. After such an episode is over, many will remember having those thought processes, while others find the urges inexplicable. It is widely accepted that drugs like LSD and methamphetamine can trigger psychotic episodes. Such behavior is not surprising among psychotic individuals, but psychotic nudity may seem more common in the public?s eye than it actually is because the displays are so shocking and offensive.
    Among those with mental illness, sudden and uncalled-for nakedness is most closely associated with catatonia. Catatonia is usually an expression of mental disorders like bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, but it could also come from other medical problems, such as a brain tumor. Nakedness is not among the top symptoms associated with catatonia (more often catatonics are thought to be waxy or frozen or have other difficulties with motor control), but a person unexpectedly found to be running around naked in public is likely to suffer from that condition. In the case of each of these illnesses, the behavior occurs in a very small percentage of sufferers.
    In other cases, people with dementia may also strip down in public and at unsuitable times; this behavior is usually unrelated to any kind of psychosis. Rather than being delusional, dementia patients seem to just be confused. Additionally, bipolar people experiencing a manic episode may simply lose their inhibitions, which can result in flashing or streaking or other inappropriate nudity, but that seems to be a less common cause than delusions.
    In a similar incident of psychotic cannibalism?nudity-free, it?s worth noting?in which a Canada bus passenger suddenly cut off another man?s head and reportedly began to eat him, the attacker later revealed that he?d heard the voice of God and believed the victim was an alien.

Got a question about today?s news? Ask the Explainer.
    Explainer thanks Charles Raison and Ole Thienhaus of the University of Arizona
    because the first thing i always do with my found aliens is eat them!

Fucking nuts. I would have ran like Flo Jo.

Yeah, I would not have hung out. I would have fled and called 911.

Here he is. I wonder how long before chicks make "he could eat me" comments.

Some people are starting with the "did the cop have to shoot" him horseshit.

Yo, I hate cops, but if you wanna bitch about police brutality....this ain't the time! If someone is on top of me eating my face off...fucking shoot him!

And considering the injuries, you can shoot me next to be honest. Ugh.

.. He isn't my type.

Also, anyone spitting police brutality is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Some people are starting with the "did the cop have to shoot" him horseshit.

Yo, I hate cops, but if you wanna bitch about police brutality....this ain't the time! If someone is on top of me eating my face off...fucking shoot him!

And considering the injuries, you can shoot me next to be honest. Ugh.
    i also read somewhere on a forum something to the effect of: 'it figures! both a black man and a white homeless man are involved and all anyone can report on is how educated the white guy was in his younger years while, what history did they decide to pull up on the black man? his criminal record!'

so now it's racist to paint the victim in a positive light and the antagonist in a negative? jesus! how about this: we wonder what kind of fuck-up-ed-ness the guy who ate someone's fucking face off has been involved with...

Yeah, well, good luck to all those people who don't want to shoot zombies. Or as I think of them, future zombies.

Yeah, well, good luck to all those people who don't want to shoot zombies. Or as I think of them, future zombies.

he lives, but dale dies...

Please, I would have personally shot Dale day 1.

sure, he was pretty obnoxious, but he was always looking for ways to do what was best for the group. he was supportive of everyone - except shane, and he was always willing to cap a mother-fucker when necessary.

honestly, the only only i would be devastated to loose is glen. and maybe darryl.

Daryl is the only one who has any kind of realistic chance of surviving.

Please, I would have personally shot Dale day 1.

agreed. but i sure do love glen. he's a sweetie-poo and fairly intelligent. he survived on his own for a while when shit was really popping off. he's nimble and usually good with his weapons. darryl's a hot tempered macho man with a heart of gold. those two make a great team.

Thread Information