Thread: Sabrina Howard (40) is accused of allowing her teenage son to die by suicide

Sabrina Howard (40) is accused of allowing her teenage son to die by suicide

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime...ide?hpt=ju_bn5

Muncie, Indiana Police say a 16-year-old boy committed suicide using his mom's prescription medication. That mom is now behind bars.

Sabrina Howard, 40, of Muncie is charged with neglect of a dependent and causing suicide, both Class B felonies. Police say she knew her son had taken her pills, yet she did nothing about it until it was too late.

"I think she believes she is not responsible for his death. I think putting all the pieces of the puzzle together we came to the conclusion she was, and that's why she was arrested," said Muncie Police detective, Sgt. Linda Cook.

The mother and son lived together. A 911 call brought police and paramedics to their home on July 10.

According to the probable cause affidavit, early that morning Sabrina Howard confronted her son about her missing prescription pills. There were 56 pills in all - 20 Xanax, an anti-anxiety medication, and 26 Lortabs, a pain killer medication.

Howard told police her son denied taking the pills but described the teen as having "slow speech" and appearing "groggy." She said she even "warned her son" that what he consumed "could kill him."

The mom told officers her son went to sleep on the couch. She said she checked on him from time to time. Eight hours after the confrontation, Howard noticed her son had stopped breathing. That's when she called 911.

"I even asked her if it was my kid and I assumed he had taken that much quantity, he is going straight to the hospital to either get a drug screen or stomach pumped. She didn't have much response to that," said Cook.

The mom was well aware of her son's mental health. Police say In January she took the teen to the emergency room because he was acting suicidal. Doctors recommended checking the teen into a mental health facility. Police say Howard ignored the advice and took her son home. The Indiana Department of Child Services documented the decision.

"It's kind of a sad situation. This kid cried out for help. Mom didn't answer that cry for help. It may have been because of her drug lifestyle," said Cook.

Sabrina Howard admitted to police she was a street drug abuser. Her family members confirmed she used morphine.

Howard's arrest came two months after her son's suicide. Police say one reason for the delay is it took time for the toxicology and full coroner's report to be completed.

My friends just moved to Muncie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I dunno how I feel about this one. It was his fault for taking them obviously, but if I ever thought someone had taken that many pills, I would be taking them to the hospital. Better safe than sorry. However, she was probably high too....regardless of what happens to her she should feel shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

this woman's a stupid bitch. she knew he was going to die. probably let him die as some sort of punishment for stealing her pills.

also, i don't understand this sentence:

"I even asked her if it was my kid and I assumed he had taken that much quantity, he is going straight to the hospital to either get a drug screen or stomach pumped. She didn't have much response to that," said Cook.
    i even asked her, i did. i asked her if it was my kid, i'd done get him fixed. she didn't respond because she was fucked out of her mind, because she couldn't understand what i was trying to say to her or most likely both.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

mom with freaky face

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

MOAR GIFS!

Yes, because people usually look so great in mugshots.

I think it's a spambot..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Thread Information