Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sandy Dahl (52) widow of pilot of 9/11 flight United 93 found dead at her home

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sandy Dahl (52) widow of pilot of 9/11 flight United 93 found dead at her home

Sandy Dahl, who became one of the tragic faces of 9/11 after her husband was killed while piloting United Flight 93, died Friday, a family friend said.

She was 52.

Dahl was found dead in her home in Colorado, but the details of her death were not released.

She had worked tirelessly running the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund and her death was a surprise, said David Dosch, a family friend.

The scholarship fund gives money to aspiring pilots to help attend commercial flight training schools.
    'Range of emotions' seeing 9/11 hearing

"Sandy and Jason Dahl were my best friends," said Dosch, who also works at the scholarship fund.

Jason Dahl was piloting United Flight 93 on September 11, 2001 that crashed in a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. It is believed that passengers aboard United Flight 93 thwarted a plot to drive the plane through the U.S. Capitol dome and eventually caused the plane to crash in a field.

In an interview last year on the anniversary of 9/11, Stacy Dahl wore their wedding ring.

"I do think about him every day," she told CNN affiliate KMGH. "The reason I am doing this (interview) today and the reason that I do this at all is to make sure he is never forgotten."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/26/us/san...html?hpt=hp_t2
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

He wasn't supposed to be on that plane. He had traded places with another pilot so he could take Sandy to London for their 5th wedding anniversary the following weekend.

RIP Sandy
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    He wasn't supposed to be on that plane. He had traded places with another pilot so he could take Sandy to London for their 5th wedding anniversary the following weekend.

RIP Sandy
    Yay God!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Ugh. I can't imagine the pain she had to endure for all those years. I'm sure you never fully recover from such a loss. And even though you try to do something to fill the hours, to silence all the "what ifs" in your head..it probably is never enough. It's bad enough to have a family member pass away and to have to deal with that amongst your family and friends. She was thrust into the spotlight due to circumstance and had to mourn as the entire world watched, with reminders on the anniversary date every year since...no pressure there. May she rest in peace.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

The wife of the pilot of the United Airlines flight that crashed into a Pennsylvania field after being taken over by terrorists on 9/11 has died of what her charity said was natural causes.

Family friend David Dosch told the Denver Post (http://bit.ly/LqWMvk ) that 52-year-old Sandy Dahl passed away in her sleep. The Captain Jason M. Dahl Scholarship Fund said on its website that she died near Denver. Her body was found Friday.

Dahl's husband was the captain of United Flight 93 on Sept. 11, 2001.

The flight was traveling from Newark, N.J., to San Francisco when it was hijacked. The four terrorists likely wanted to crash the Boeing 757-222 into the White House or Capitol building but the jet went down in Pennsylvania as passengers fought back, just 20 minutes away from Washington, the 9/11 Commission found.

Sandy Dahl founded a scholarship fund in her husband's honor to provide funding for young pilots to receive their education. She also spoke publicly to ensure that the heroism of those aboard Flight 93 wasn't forgotten.

"Sandy's courage picked up where her husband's left off," Patrick White, president of The Families of Flight 93, said in a statement. "Her dedication to completing the Flight 93 National Memorial as a way to honor her husband's heroic actions on 9/11, and those of his fellow crew members and passengers, is a significant part of her legacy."

Jefferson County coroner's officials have confirmed her death, but the exact cause hasn't been released.

http://obits.syracuse.com/obituaries...&pid=157791310

The widow of the pilot of United Flight 93 on Sept. 11, 2001, died of heart failure caused by accidental alcohol and drug overdose, according to an autopsy released Friday.

Sandy Dahl, the wife of Captain Jason Dahl, died in May, at the age of 52 near Denver. The autopsy report from the Jefferson County Coroner's office in Colorado said alcohol, painkillers, anti-depression drugs and anti-anxiety drugs were found in her system, The Denver Post reported. The coroner's office found that Dahl's death was "consistent with the combined impact of alcohol and multiple drug toxicity," according to the Post.

The report also listed an abnormal heart condition as a possible contributor to her death, Denver's NBC-affiliate KUSA reported.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...?lite=obinsite
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

How tragic. Clearly she was battling a shit load of pain. How said to die trying to live.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

honestly, im gonna sound like a conspiracy theory asshole, but im pretty sure the government brought that plane down. It was one of the last planes up in the east coast and the military was following it. i remember being at school and watching CNN and them saying that there was technology that can shut off the instruments of an airplane, basically leaving it useless - and that was what they were going to use on this rogue plane.
    i remember when it was down, they reported that they had information that the military was successful in bringing the plane down.

i could be wrong - and i fully believe that the passengers were trying to gain control of the plane, however, the military didnt know what exactly what was occurring and had to do what they had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    honestly, im gonna sound like a conspiracy theory asshole, but im pretty sure the government brought that plane down. It was one of the last planes up in the east coast and the military was following it. i remember being at school and watching CNN and them saying that there was technology that can shut off the instruments of an airplane, basically leaving it useless - and that was what they were going to use on this rogue plane.
    i remember when it was down, they reported that they had information that the military was successful in bringing the plane down.

i could be wrong - and i fully believe that the passengers were trying to gain control of the plane, however, the military didnt know what exactly what was occurring and had to do what they had to do.
    I think this is the commonly accepted scenario.

are you saying they were trying to bring it down knowing there was a terrorist on board, to try to avoid a much higher death toll?

sounds legit to me. good job government!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I am pretty sure that's actually acknowledged in the 911 report and that Dick Cheney made the call. To be honest, the only fucked up thing is that Cheney allegedly made the call without presidential consent. Otherwise, I think it was better to shoot a plane down in a wooded area than allow it to hit a building in the middle of a city.

I can agree with that scenario, it definitely wouldn't be shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

you know, like when nelson mandela died in prison.

i was actually under the impression that the pilots brought it down and were heroes. i could have sworn i heard something about a passenger being able to call during the ruckus and basically telling his wife goodbye and that they made the decision to down it.

i guess i'm probably thinking about a parallel dimension or something. i always get those things crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i was actually under the impression that the pilots brought it down and were heroes. i could have sworn i heard something about a passenger being able to call during the ruckus and basically telling his wife goodbye and that they made the decision to down it.

i guess i'm probably thinking about a parallel dimension or something. i always get those things crossed.

There are documentaries and re-enactments that portray that the pilots were killed and the plane was being controlled by the hijackers. Apparently several passengers were able to call family and say goodbye or w/e. Then they supposedly rushed the cockpit and the plane crashed. Whatever really happened, we'll never know, but the end result was the best considering what could have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Trahnse View Post
    There are documentaries and re-enactments that portray that the pilots were killed and the plane was being controlled by the hijackers. Apparently several passengers were able to call family and say goodbye or w/e. Then they supposedly rushed the cockpit and the plane crashed. Whatever really happened, we'll never know, but the end result was the best considering what could have happened.
    i like this one.

rip pilots, stewards(esses), passengers, family members and everyone who has ever heard about 911 that have died or will die, in any dimension... you will be missed by someone.

i like this one.

rip pilots, stewards(esses), passengers, family members and everyone who has ever heard about 911 that have died or will die, in any dimension... you will be missed by someone.
    Yea, this year was the first time they had a politician free memorial service. Just family members and no casket jumpers. Guilani probably had to be restrained to keep him away from that shit.

The pilots were killed pretty much immediately, and the passengers did try to down the plane, but the military shot it down first.

The first people killed were the pilots and stewardesses. They slit their throats.

Usually I just realize I'm remembering a lAw and Order or CSI.

Usually I just realize I'm remembering a lAw and Order or CSI.
    damn those shows for too closely mirroring the truth!

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    yeah, there is no way that plane crashed on its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Story is basically that the military shot it down and the government tossed the families a bone by backing a story of heroics that can't be proved or disproved. Saves their own asses from questionable order of authority AND gives people some hope.

To be honest, I don't disagree with that.

Story is basically that the military shot it down and the government tossed the families a bone by backing a story of heroics that can't be proved or disproved. Saves their own asses from questionable order of authority AND gives people some hope.

To be honest, I don't disagree with that.
    Yea, what good comes out of announcing that they shot it down? I'm surprised I like a call the government made.
    And I'm surprised I'm not the only one who thinks it went down this way. Ha.

i have the 9/11 commission report. it "long windedly" states that they had the technology to disable the plane and that was the plan, but that they "may not have been within range"
    I still think they did it and that yes, they let the family members of the people on the plane think that they were heros that brought it down in a rural area.

Thread Information