Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mary Bell (10) - a playful sort of murderer.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mary Bell (10) - a playful sort of murderer.

have y'all heard of mary bell? at 10 years old she committed her 1st murder.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...l/index_1.html

Martin was last seen at approximately 3:15 pm, and was discovered at 3:30, lying on the floor of a boarded-up house. Three boys foraging for some scrap wood had found the child on his back next to a window, with blood and saliva trickling down the side of his cheek and chin. Panicked, they called out to the construction workers outside, who remembered giving little Martin some biscuits earlier that day. They raced up the stairs and tried to revive him, but Martin was already dead.

Strangely, the police could not find any signs of violence. A bottle of aspirin was nearby - perhaps he ate them all. There were no visible strangulation marks or any other marks on the child, and therefore the authorities believed his death was accidental. The Criminal Investigation Department was not called in. The official report on Martin Brown declared the "cause of death open."

"Look out THERE are Murders about"-- note found in vandalized nursery

That same morning, Mary Bell drew a picture in her notebook of a child in the same pose as that in which Martin Brown had been found, with a bottle near him with the word "TABLET.." There was a man walking toward the child. It read, "On saturday I was in the house, and my mam sent Me to ask Norma if she Would come up the top with me? we went up and we came down at Magrets Road and there were crowds of people beside an old house. I asked what was the matter. there had been a boy who Just lay down and Died." Marys notebook entry did not strike the teacher as odd, although she was the only student who wrote on Martins death.

"Are you looking for your Brian?" asked Mary Bell. Brians sister, Pat, was worried about the missing toddler, who should have been home by now. Mary and her best friend, Norma, eagerly offered to help search for him. They led Pat through the neighborhood, looking here and there, all the while knowing exactly where Brian was.

Pat was worried -- only a few weeks ago little Martin Brown was found dead inside of a condemned house. Mary pointed to some large concrete blocks. "He might be playing behind the blocks, or between them," she said.
    "Oh no, he never goes there," insisted Norma. In fact, Brian lay dead between the blocks. Mary wanted Pat to discover her dead brother, Norma later said, "because she wanted Pat Howe to have a shock." But Pat decided to leave. The Newcastle Police would find his body at 11:10 later that night.

Brian was found covered with grass and purple weeds. He had been strangled. Nearby, a pair of broken scissors lay in the grass. There were puncture marks on his thighs, and his genitals had been partially skinned. Clumps of his hair were cut away. The wounds were bizarre: "There was a terrible playfulness about it, a terrible gentleness if you like, and somehow the playfulness of it made it more, rather than less, terrifying," said Inspector James Dobson. Brians belly had been signed "M" with a razor blade. This cut would not be apparent until days later. It appeared that someone had imprinted an "N", and that a fourth mark was added (by a different hand?) to change the "N" into a "M".
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Among the children who stood out as suspicious to the investigators were eleven year old Mary Bell and thirteen year old Norma Bell (no relation). Mary was evasive and acted strange. Norma was excited by the murder, remembers one authority. "She was continually smiling as if it was a huge joke."

Brian Howe was buried on August 7th. Detective Dobson was there: "Mary Bell was standing in front of the Howes house when the coffin was brought out. I was, of course, watching her. And it was when I saw her there that I knew I did not dare risk another day. She stood there, laughing. Laughing and rubbing her hands. I thought, My God, Ive got to bring her in, shell do another one."
    The following is Mary Bells official statement.

I, Mary Flora Bell wish to make a statement. I want someone to write down what I have to say. I have been told that I need not say anything unless I wish to do so, but that whatever I say may be given in evidence.

Signed, Mary F. Bell

Brian was in his front street and me and Norma were walking along towards him. We walked past him and Norma says, Are you coming to the shop Brian? and I says, Norma, youve got no money, how can you go to the shop? Where are you getting it from? She says, Nebby (Keep your nose clean). Little Brian followed and Norma says, Walk up in front. I wanted Brian to go home, but Norma kept coughing so Brian wouldnt hear us.

We went down Crosshill Road with Brian still in front of us. There was this coloured boy and Norma tried to start a fight with him. She said, Darkie, whitewash, its time you got washed. The big brother came out and hit her. She shouted, Howay, put your dukes up. The lad walked away and looked at her as though she was daft.

We went beside Dixons shop and climbed over the railings, I mean, through a hole and over the railway. Then I said, Norma, where are you going? and Norma said, Do you know that little pool where the tadpoles are? When we got there, there was a big, long tank with a big, round hole with little holes round it. Norma says to Brian, Are you coming in here because theres a lady coming on the Number 82 and shes got boxes of sweets and that.

We all got inside, then Brian started to cry and Norma asked him if he had a sore throat. She started to squeeze his throat and he started to cry. She said, This isnt where the lady comes, its over there, by them big blocks. We went over to the blocks and she says, Ar--youll have to lie down and he lay down beside the blocks where he was found. Norma says, Put your neck up and he did. Then she got hold of his neck and said Put it down. She started to feel up and down his neck. She squeezed it hard, you could tell it was hard because her finger tips were going white. Brian was struggling, and I was pulling her shoulders but she went mad. I was pulling her chin up but she screamed at me.

By this time she had banged Brians head on some wood or corner of wood and Brian was lying senseless. His face was all white and bluey, and his eyes were open. His lips were purplish and had all like slaver on, it turned into something like fluff. Norma covered him up and I said, Norma, Ive got nothing to do with this, I should tell on you, but Ill not. Little Lassie was there and it was crying and she said, Dont you start or Ill do the same to you. It still cried and she went to get hold of its throat but it growled at her. She said, Now now, dont be hasty.

We went home and I took little Lassie home an all. Norma was acting kind of funny and making twitchy faces and spreading her fingers out. She said, This is the first but itll not be the last. I was frightened then. I carried Lassie and put her down over the railway and we went up Crosswood Road way. Norma went into the house and she got a pair of scissors and she put them down her pants. She says, Go and get a pen. I said No, what for. She says, To write a note on his stomach, and I wouldnt get the pen. She had a Gillette razor blade. It had Gillette on. We went back to the blocks and Norma cut his hair. She tried to cut his leg and his ear with the blade. She tried to show me it was sharp, she took the top of her dress where it was raggie and cut it, it made a slit. A man came down the railway bank with a little girl with long blonde hair, he had a red checked shirt on and blue denim jeans. I walked away. She hid the razor blade under a big, square concrete block. She left the scissors beside him. She got out before me over the grass on to Scotswood Road. I couldnt run on the grass cos I just had my black slippers on. When we got along a bit she says, May, you shouldnt have done that cos youll get into trouble and I hadnt done nothing I havent got the guts. I couldnt kill a bird by the neck or throat or anything, its horrible that. We went up the steps and went home, I was nearly crying. I said, if Pat finds out shell kill you, never mind killing Brian cos Pats more like a tomboy. Shes always climbing in the old buildings and that.

Later on I was helping to look for Brian and I was trying to let on to Pat that I knew where he was on the blocks, but Norma said, Hell not be over there, he never goes there, and she convinced Pat he wasnt there. I got shouted in about half past seven and I stayed in. I got woke up about half past eleven and we stood at the door as Brian had been found: The other day Norma wanted to get put in a home. She says will you run away with us and I said no. She says if you get put in a home and you feed the little ones and murder them then run away again.

I have read the above statement and I have been told that I can correct, alter or add anything I wish, this statement is true. I have made it of my own free will.

Mary Flora Bell (signed at 6:55 pm)

Very interesting case. It's hard to imagine an 11 year old capable of this. 16 years to the day after her first murder, she gave birth to her daughter. Sad for the parents of that little boy. She gained a child while the family mourned the anniversary of their sons death.

OT: We have the same birthday (not year, of course, day).

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    I JUST watched this on Deadly Women on Netflix. She came to the first boy's house and asked to see him, and his mom said, "I'm sorry, he's dead," and she said, "Oh, I know that. I want to see him in his coffin." I'm sure she had some psychotic tendencies or something but her mom totally did it to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

all the crazies had messed up childhoods... the article said she was a 'prop' in her moms prostitution gigs and that the mother had that bi-proxy disease and was always poisoning her. ...BUT... the jailers were saying that she was always talking about how she 'liked hurting things that were littler that couldn't fight back'. creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Her location was leaked to the press, so I'm not sure how it didn't get out then.

Ugh, I just thought of the interview with the first little boy's mom on Deadly Women- she was like, "He just liked to dance around to 'Yellow Submarine.' He was just a good little chap."

I don't think her friend Norma was all that innocent.
    I remember it being leaked out too. I thought she had a bunch of issues (like Karla Homolka) and ended up changing their names again. But I could be wrong. I read so many of these types of crazy! I think Norma fell off the dumb truck, but somehow knew to keep her enemies closer. Though she appears stupid (who knows maybe Mary beat her into stupid), I think she is a lot more culpable that she lets on. C'mon how easy is it to just blame the crazy! haha

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    all the crazies had messed up childhoods... the article said she was a 'prop' in her moms prostitution gigs and that the mother had that bi-proxy disease and was always poisoning her. ...BUT... the jailers were saying that she was always talking about how she 'liked hurting things that were littler that couldn't fight back'. creepy.
    Damn peach that Mary Bell is!

I'd like to know how she and her daughter are doing these days.

they are both granted life long anonymity. we may never know.

Yeah

We do know she's a grandma.

We do know she's a grandma.
    i know, vright? someone out there knows something!

The cats talking!

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    The cats talking!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to morbidT again.

Her location was leaked to the press, so I'm not sure how it didn't get out then.

Ugh, I just thought of the interview with the first little boy's mom on Deadly Women- she was like, "He just liked to dance around to 'Yellow Submarine.' He was just a good little chap."

the story i read said that while bell was highly intelligent, norma had sub-level intelligence. but the girl did know about the first boy and kept it secret and helped mary trash the nursery and write the letters.

the story i read said that while bell was highly intelligent, norma had sub-level intelligence. but the girl did know about the first boy and kept it secret and helped mary trash the nursery and write the letters.
    ...and kill the second boy.

What.the.fuck.

this is insane! i've never heard of either girl until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Does Norma have a fake identity, I wonder?

Does Norma have a fake identity, I wonder?
    do it! do it! do it! actually, she was acquitted of killing and only got something like 3 years probation for vandalizing the nursery.

Anonymous asked: what happened to Norma Joyce Bell, acquitted co-murderer with Mary Bell.
    She joined the power rangers and has been helping them fight crime ever since. Some say it’s to make up for her evil deeds.

perfect ending...

Beth’s case is reminiscent of 11-year-old Mary Flora Bell from Newcastle upon Tyne, England. Mary was also severely sexually and physically abused. Her mother was a sadomasochistic dominatrix (prostitute) who used her unfortunate daughter with her clients. As Mary grew up she exhibited significant signs of rage including the torture of animals and attempts to kill other children through strangulation, what she referred to as “massage”. Her understanding of strangulation was not that the victim was dead but that she or he would wake up again, suggesting that perhaps her mother, Betty (nee McCrickett) suffocated then revived her daughter during prostitution sessions.

Mary didn’t bond with her parents. Mary’s father left before she was born and Betty remarried a man named Billy Bell who was known to be an alcoholic and petty criminal. He and Betty fought constantly and Billy frequently left Betty and Mary to fend for themselves for weeks at a time. The household was in constant chaos.
    jesus!

one more time...

http://<iframe width="420" height="3...reen></iframe>
    apparently, this is how you cure murderous children.

Thread Information