Thread: Caius Veiovis, Convicted killer with implanted horns: 'I'll see you all in hell'

Caius Veiovis, Convicted killer with implanted horns: 'I'll see you all in hell'

This is so bizarre, I really don't know which category it belongs in.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

SPRINGFIELD, MA --
    A man who has bumps resembling horns implanted in his forehead was found guilty of murder and other charges Friday for his role in the kidnapping and slaying of three Massachusetts men in 2011.

"I'll see you all in hell," Caius Veiovis, 34, of Pittsfield, yelled at the jury that convicted him after deliberating over six days. Veiovis also was convicted Friday of kidnapping and intimidation of a witness.

The dismembered bodies of David Glasser, 44; Edward Frampton, 58; and Robert Chadwell, 47, of Pittsfield were found buried in nearby Becket 10 days after they disappeared in August 2011. The killings shocked Pittsfield, a town of about 41,000 in northwestern Massachusetts. The trials were moved to Springfield.

Two co-defendants in the case were convicted of the same charges earlier this year. They are serving life without parole, the mandatory term Veiovis faces at his sentencing Monday.

Prosecutors said Veiovis helped Adam Lee Hall, 37, of Peru, and David Chalue, 47, of North Adams, kidnap and shoot the victims weeks before Glasser was to testify against Hall, a Hells Angels member, in an assault case. The others were killed to eliminate witnesses, prosecutors said. Defense attorneys argued there was shaky evidence.

Berkshire District Attorney David Capeless said he is gratified by the verdicts and hopes it helps the victims' families by ending "the constant reminder to them of what has happened to their loved ones," the Springfield Republican reported.

Defense attorney James Reardon Jr. said he disagrees with the verdict but respects the jury's diligence, the Republican reported. "I always have confidence in juries, and I still believe strongly in the American jury system," he said. He said Veiovis has an automatic appeal, and he hopes the verdict is overturned.

Reardon said before trial that he was concerned Veiovis's appearance might influence jurors, and potential panel members were asked about it.

Veiovis, formerly a resident of Augusta, Maine, has a 666 tattoo between two rows of forehead bumps, and other facial and neck tattoos. He legally changed his name from Roy Gutfinski Jr. in 2008 while serving more than seven years in a Maine prison for an assault with a razor followed by licking the teenage victim's blood, the Kennebec Journal reported.

he looks like the first boy i ever kissed. i mean, without the tattoos and horns and pointy ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Holy shit I didn't see the ears till you said something.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

are those scars or white tattoos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    are those scars or white tattoos?
    scars. i'm guessing he is into cutting/scarification. i read somewhere that he has done time previously for assaulting a teenage girl, he was cutting her skin and licking the blood. this one is a true creep, it seems.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    scars. i'm guessing he is into cutting/scarification. i read somewhere that he has done time previously for assaulting a teenage girl, he was cutting her skin and licking the blood. this one is a true creep, it seems.
    I had no idea that scarification was a thing. Now I need to go google it. I was a cutter at one point in my life (like 15 years ago) but I would have never done it to my face. I tried to hide it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5707765.html
    Defense Lawyer Worried Murder Suspect Caius Veiovis' Horns, 666 Tattoo, May Sway Jury
    Ya think?
    The defense lawyer for a Massachusetts man charged with a triple murder worries his client's "unique appearance" may bias jurors in their decision to convict or not.

Caius Veiovis, a 33-year-old Springfield man, is accused of killing and dismembering David Glasser, Edward Frampton and Robert Chadwell in 2011 with the help of two other men.

His alleged accomplices, David Chalue and Adam Hall, are both serving life sentences.

Veiovis considers himself a worshipper of Satan, and told police he was a vampire who drinks the blood of others along with his own, Mass Live reported.
    Along with a large septum piercing and the number 666 tattooed on his forehead, Veiovis also has body modifications in his head that resemble protruding horns. His lawyer, James G. Reardon Jr., told Mass Live he is worried his client's appearance might make prospective jurors prejudiced.

The number 666 is often referred to as the "number of the beast."

"I don't know what 666 means," Reardon told the publication.

The three victims were kidnapped and murdered before they were set to testify against a high-ranking member of the Hell's Angels. More from Mass Live:

Police believe Hall, Chalue and Veiovis killed the three men to prevent Glasser from testifying in an upcoming trial against Hall, a ranking member of the Berkshire County chapter of the Hell's Angels. The organization's clubhouse is in Lee, just south of the Lenox town line.

Before taking on a new name, Veiovis was known as Roy C. Gutfinski Jr.

In 1999, Gutfinski and his girlfriend were sentenced to 10 years in jail after bringing a 16-year-old girl to a hotel room, slashing a 7-inch gash in her back, and drinking the girl's blood.

In 2006, he was charged with kidnapping two strippers from a nightclub and holding them against their will in a hotel room. Those charges were later dropped, but he was sent back to prison for violating his parole.

According to Raw Story, the weapons used in the murder and dismembering of the three men have never been identified.
    Creep is right.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    F R E A K. Talk about lettin' your freak flag fly. And their ears make them both look like syndrome kids. I don't mind different, I do mind asshole. These motherfuckers are the latter.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    F R E A K. Talk about lettin' your freak flag fly. And their ears make them both look like syndrome kids. I don't mind different, I do mind asshole. These motherfuckers are the latter.
    shhhh! that term is unacceptable!

someone's got time on their hands:

Never mind, lack of sleep has given me the dumbs.
    Last edited by missbad; 09-29-2014 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Derp

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    someone's got time on their hands:

I must have too much time on my hands, too, because I just put my damn eyes out trying to read that letter.

I'll save someone else the trouble: He's pissed because everyone says his name was taken from the Twilight series.
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

When I look at him and his handwriting, I just see a child who didn't want to grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Lonnnng article on background (found through Emmie's link)

http://www.pressherald.com/2011/09/1...ce_2011-09-18/

AUGUSTA ? A Maine prosecutor recommended in 2000 that 20-year-old Roy Gutfinski Jr. be kept behind bars for as long as possible.

Deputy District Attorney Alan Kelley said that Gutfinski, on trial in a bizarre assault case, would continue to be a problem ? both for himself and for society.

?Quite simply, the only guarantee of safety is adult incarceration,? Kelley wrote as a judge was poised to sentence Gutfinski in a ritual blood-letting case that left a 16-year-old girl scarred for life.

Kelley?s words were prophetic.

Gutfinski was convicted of elevated aggravated assault and served 7? years of the 10-year sentence ? one of his various stints in Maine and Massachusetts jails.

Last week, now living under the name of Caius Domitius Veiovis after a legal name change in 2008, he pleaded not guilty in a Massachusetts court to three counts each of murder, kidnapping and intimidation of witnesses. The former Augusta man now faces the possibility of three life sentences without parole.

Veiovis, 31, and two others are accused of killing three men on or about Aug. 28 in Pittsfield, Mass., allegedly to prevent one of them from testifying.

A look at Veiovis? history ? largely through Maine court documents and previously published stories ? offers a picture of an increasingly self-loathing person who lapsed into recreational drug use, cultivated a fascination with knives and adopted demon worship to repel people.

?DANGEROUS? AT 13

Veiovis was raised in Pittston ? he says by adoptive parents. But the reference to adoption is nowhere on a copy of his birth certificate, which lists his custodial parents also as his birth parents.

His problems with the judicial system began when he was 13 and was arrested for carrying a double-bladed assault-style knife.

A neuropsychologist who evaluated him said teachers noted a preocccupation with devil worship and resistance to authority. Another counselor said the boy ?exhibited very dangerous and threatening behavior? and didn?t want to change.

He was placed on probation at age 14 and spent the next couple of years in and out of the Maine Youth Center and various hospitals where he was treated for substance abuse ? alcohol, heroin and mushrooms ? and behavior disorders.

In April 1994, he was involuntarily committed to St. Mary?s Hospital in Lewiston, then discharged a week a later after hospital workers were unable to control him and he assaulted a staffer.

At that point, the boy admitted using marijuana daily, alcohol regularly and amphetamines and acid sometimes.

?Again he revealed to staff that a ?nun? had told him he was ?psycho, evil, and that he would grow up to be a murderer,?*? Kelley wrote in the June 28, 2000, presentencing memo.

Released from the Maine Youth Center at age 18, Gutfinski applied for ? and later received ? Social Security disability.

He told the examiner then that he spent his days watching for people who were out to get him.

?HATES WHAT HE SEES?

A month after he turned 19, he was committed to the state?s psychiatric hospital after reportedly assaulting his girlfriend and threatening her boss with an ax.

Then, in August 1999, he watched in his darkened downtown Augusta apartment as his 17-year-old girlfriend took a razor and sliced a 16-year-old girl in the small of her back. The wound required 32 stitches to close.

Gutfinski and his girlfriend then licked the blood and kissed. He told police he was a vampire, but one who was without fangs and able to go about in daylight.

At that 2000 sentencing hearing, Roy C. Gutfinski Sr. told the judge his son was a very active child who was later diagnosed as hyperactive, and hospitalized for drug problems.

He also said his son was close to his sister, fond of the family pets and once dived into a swimming pool to rescue a toddler.

At the same hearing, Dr. Ann LeBlanc, chief of forensic services at the Augusta Mental Health Institute who had evaluated the 20-year-old defendant, testified that he failed to deal well with emotionally charged situations and had several diagnoses, including antisocial personality disorder, bipolar, borderline personality disorder, self-mutilation, identity disorder, impulsivity and dissociation.

?He looks at himself and hates what he sees,? LeBlanc said.

He moved around, living in Augusta, Waterville and Bangor, as well as traveling to New Bedford, Mass., where he and another Maine man were charged with kidnapping and drug possession.

In that incident, they were accused of keeping two exotic dancers in their hotel room even though the women wanted to leave. Those kidnapping charges were later dismissed.
    cont'd

Crap. Sorry, if I find a smaller before I'll switch (why the fuck is it SO BIG)

Last edited by blighted star; 09-29-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Cont'd from above

IN HARMONY WITH EVERYTHING’

Gutfinski, who did not testify during his 2000 trial in Kennebec County Superior Court in Augusta, addressed the judge at the sentencing hearing, saying he should have halted the blood-letting when the two girls began pricking their arms with tacks.

It was one of the few times he has spoken at length publicly.

“I believe I can do probation,” he told the judge. “I want to make it out there. I want to be able to live out there in harmony with everything.”

Gutfinski said he wanted a house, a decent job and maybe to start a body-piercing business.

But in psychological examinations, he told people he heard voices inside him and had visions of killing people.

“Despite the constant efforts of a supportive and loving family, he has consistently lashed out at them, and at society as a whole,” Kelley wrote. “It appears that he has attempted to do whatever he could to ‘shock’ his family and society, perhaps even attempting to instill a ‘fear’ of what he might do next. He has proven himself to be deeply psychogically disturbed, and obviously dangerous to those around him.”

After the 2000 conviction, Gutfinski began altering his appearance, with small bumps that appear as horns implanted in his forehead, filing his teeth, reshaping his earlobes and gathering tattoos.

He also had small horns implanted in his septum. However, those long, tooth-like horns in his nose are absent in photos of his recent court appearance in Massachusetts.

A tattooed “666” on his forehead showed prominently.

BLOGGING ABOUT TRASH

In a blog about Trash — a name he attempted to adopt in 2003 — he describes himself as a musician and talks of trying to “keep my ass out of jail” long enough to work with a band.

The blog also makes fond reference to body piercing, torture and necrophilia.

His parents declined comment for this story, but years ago they spoke out to ask for an improved mental health system and assistance for their son.

In an interview after his arrest in the blood-letting case in 1999, the couple said their son took on the so-called Goth style of dark clothing and odd haircuts after the Columbine shooting, which was in April that same year.

Before that, Gutfinski fashioned an identity as a skinhead and, before that, a punk rocker.

TRYING TO ALIENATE PEOPLE

All the trends, including the practice of drawing blood for kicks, were designed to alienate people so they would stay away from him, according to his parents.

His mother said she and her husband tried to get their son the mental health treatment they thought he needed for his dual diagnosis mental-health problems.

She bemoaned a lack of long-term programs.

“We’ve done everything in this state to get help — he needs a better mental health system,” Trina Gutfinski said. “There was no placement for him, other than the one-month program that stabilized him.”

Various court files contain his handwritten motions and petitions, mostly bearing the signature Roy Gutfinski Jr.

The words are articulate and polite, the printing neat and characterized by angularly shaped letters.

In some court filings, he asks relief from an obligation to do 500 hours of community service; in another, he requests credit for time he spent in jail before the 2000 conviction.

But Gutfinski’s letters to probate courts in Kennebec and Knox counties show a darker side: He talks about rejecting his family name and the Christian religion into which he was baptized and about his adherence to satanism <<snipped>>

I kind of like the guy's penmanship but he can still go straight to hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

it's hard to read, but it is cool looking. now, if only it was inked in blood upon pages bound in human flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Lonnnng article on background (found through Emmie's link)

http://www.pressherald.com/2011/09/1...ce_2011-09-18/

cont'd

Crap. Sorry, if I find a smaller before I'll switch (why the fuck is it SO BIG)

That's him?! He actually looked pretty. Damn you, Satan.

Quote Originally Posted by Feetprints View Post
    I kind of like the guy's penmanship but he can still go straight to hell.
    Something tells me he'd like it
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Songbirdsong, I agree. He was actually nice looking before he did all that to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I can see that look 1 & look 2 could be the same person, & the tatts on look 2 & look 3 make it obvious it's him, but if those tatts weren't there, there's no way I'd believe 3 has any connection to the other pics. I'm still having trouble seeing it now, days later.

Dammit. Meant to edit this in above, but ...

Has anyone found anything on how this all went down? Most bikers down here would just kick the shit out of someone this pretentious about Satanism. I'm interested to see how the hell (sorry) he hooked up with the other 2.

ETA

So far this is what I expected. It's the biker version of Sesame Street's "Which One Is Different"

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s...ty_men_to.html

PITTSFIELD — Three men held in jail for more than a year and a half, accused in the kidnapping, intimidation and triple murder of three Berkshire County men are finally getting their day in court — but not until January of next year. Adam Lee Hall, David Chalue and Caius Veiovis, also known as Roy C. Gutginski, Jr., were in Pittsfield Superior Court Wednesday. for a 90 minute hearing. The three were indicted in 2011 for the murders of David Glasser, Edward Frampton and Robert Chadwell, prosecutors say because Hall was afraid victim Glasser would testify against him in court.

Hall was then a ranking member of the Berkshire County chapter of the Hells Angels. The three victims disappeared in August of 2011 and were missing for several weeks until their remains were found dismembered and dumped in a trench on private property in Becket. Police allege Glasser was killed to prevent his testimony against Hall, while Frampton and Chadwell were killed simply because they they could tie Hall to Glasser's murder. In court Wednesday, the Berkshire Eagle reported that attorney's for the three defendants argued that the state does not have enough evidence that the deaths actually took place in Berkshire County, and that there is not enough evidence to convict the three. and they all moved that the cases be dismissed.

Springfield attorney Alan Black, Hall's attorney, argued that evidence of past conduct not relevant to the case was improperly introduced at the grand jury hearings. Veiovis is shown among jail guards in this undated photograph. The Satan worshipper had horns implanted in his forehead, facial tattoos including the number of the Devil "666" on his forehead drawn, and multiple piercings installed all over his face. Berkshire Eagle * Berkshire County District Attorney David Capeless countered that the state has "significant" amounts of evidence that the murders not only took place in Berkshire County, but that Hall, originally from Peru, and Chalue of North Adams, were involved in the kidnapping and later killing of the three victims.

The case against last defendent, Roy C. Gutfinski, Jr., now known as his "Satan worship" name Caius Veiovis, may not be as strong, Capeless said, but he claimed the state has "substantial" circumstantial evidence of his involvement in the killings. Judge C. Jeffrey Kinder took all defense dismissal motions under consideration and set trial for January 7, 2014.
    Hall was seargeant-at-arms, Chalue's a member & they were doing club business so is this other guy a member too, a nom?

I don' t get it

ETA

Hmm. That earlier crime where "he" slashed a teenage girl

https://eassurvey.wordpress.com/cate...-gutfinski-jr/

He was age 19, living in Augusta and known as Roy Gutfinski Jr. at the time. He was dating Deanne Jones, a 16-year-old who agreed to be treated as an adult when she pleaded guilty in November 1999 to elevated aggravated assault in the blood-drinking ritual. Jones, who used a razor to cut the 7-inch gash across the other girl’s back on Aug. 21, 1999, was sentenced to a year in jail and six years of probation. Gutfinski was charged with elevated aggravated assault, aggravated assault and reckless conduct for the girl’s attack, which required 32 stitches. At Gutfinski’s waived-jury trial in 2000, prosecutor Alan Kelley portrayed Gutfinski as “a Satanic worshipper” who told police “he was a vampire and drank blood, his own as well as other persons

Gutfinski and Jones met the cutting victim in downtown Augusta two days before the incident occurred. Neither girl wanted Gutfinski prosecuted, Kelley said

So they were all into it, she got cut deeper by accident, her parents freaked & he got a stiffer sentence than the girl who actually did cut her because he was portrayed as devil-worshipper?

I wish I could find something that talks about the timeline, relationships & evidence in the current case, rather than just tatts, implants, body piercing & Star Trek jokes.

(& just in case, no, not saying he should've had no sentence for the bloodletting shit. 30 stitches is a serious amount of cutting, but more than the person with the most culpability doesn't seem reasonable)
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-02-2014 at 04:51 AM.

Sorry just trying to get my head around this. Obviously biker shit in the U.S is not identical to Aus but I just had a feeling he wasn't actually member, despite some headlines that said otherwise

Anyway, found this long article that says part of the prosecution argument for why he would've involved himself in this, was that getting on the good side of the sergeant-at-arms would get him patched - so, confirmed by the prosecution themselves 2 Hell's Angels, 1 NON-Hells Angel with piercings.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s...elated_stories

In case anyone is thinking of asking, I don't know what I'm saying except that seeing as the prosecution admitted having less proof of his involvement than the other guys, & that what they did have was purely circumstantial, I hope this wasn't another case of "goth" associations being the real deciding factor in a triple murder conviction.

Thread Information