Thread: Kirralee Paepaerei (37) was heavily pregnant when she was stabbed to death by her boyfriend

Kirralee Paepaerei (37) was heavily pregnant when she was stabbed to death by her boyfriend

Man accused of murdering pregnant partner Kirralee Paepaerei in Sydney home refused bail

A man accused of murdering his heavily pregnant partner during a domestic violence incident at their western Sydney home has been refused bail.

Joshua Homann, 38, was charged with murder after the body of his de facto partner Kirralee Paepaerei, 37, was found in their Mt Druitt townhouse shortly after midnight on Tuesday.

The mother of four was seven months pregnant with her fifth child when she died of extensive wounds to her face and chest.
    Her unborn baby girl did not survive.

A relative found Ms Paepaerei's body in an upstairs room in the Chester Street house and called police.

Shortly afterwards, Homann drove himself to Mt Druitt police station where he was taken into custody.
    He was admitted to Nepean hospital under police guard and released back to investigators yesterday afternoon.
    Homann was not required to appear when his case was heard briefly today.

His solicitor told the court Homann would not make an application for bail and it was formally refused.

Homann will remain behind bars until his case returns to court next week.

'Kirralee was counting down the weeks to have baby Mia'

Family and friends of Ms Paepaerei, who was also known by her maiden name Dugo, were at Mt Druitt Local Court this morning.

Outside the court, Ms Paepaerei's sisters, Kylie and Tammy Dugo, read out an emotional statement on behalf of their mother.

"My beautiful daughter Kirralee was sadly taken from us way too soon," Kylie Dugo said.
    "Kirralee was excited and counting down the weeks to finally have her baby girl Mia.

"My four grandsons have lost their mother, my family has lost a sister, a niece, a granddaughter, and most of all we lost our daughter.
    "Kirralee was our beautiful, loving daughter who was always there, lending a hand when needed."
    The family requested privacy to grieve the loss of Ms Paepaerei.

"We will miss her extremely so please let us grieve in peace and give our children and our family the privacy we need to grieve for Kirralee and Mia," she said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-2...d-bail/6796928

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    I'm trying to understand the title "heavily pregnant". As opposed to "lightly pregnant"? Is it a phrase used down under?

THE teenage son who found his pregnant mother stabbed to death in their Sydney home has told relatives he can’t get the grisly image out of his head.

“He’s just all over the place … I don’t even know the way to describe the way he was when he turned up here,” his aunty, who asked not to be named, told news.com.au.
    The 16-year-old’s mother, Kirralee Paepaerei, was found with head and chest injuries, as well a stab wounds, in an upstairs room of their home in Chester St, Mount Druitt, in Sydney’s west.

She was seven months pregnant. Her partner, 38, has been arrested and is under police guard in hospital.
    Her son returned to the home just after midnight with a mate and found the body.

The aunty said he was “crying, crying … He just wouldn’t stop. It was … because of the way he found her made it worse.”
    She told him not to talk about what he had seen. “I had his other brothers here too and they didn’t need to hear that,” the aunty said.
    “It was just the way he was trying to tell me what he saw … It was just going through his head — the way he saw his mum.”

The aunty spent most of the morning with the teenager after he returned from giving a statement at the police station.
    When she last saw the 16-year-old, his grief was turning to anger.
    “It was as if he wanted to go and do something stupid,” the aunty said.
    Her family didn’t know much about Ms Paepaerei’s new partner, who was the father of her unborn child.
    The whole family were shocked by the news, she said.

She said Ms Paepaerei was formerly married to her brother Ti Paepaerei, and they shared custody of the children.
    He wasn’t the 16-year-old’s biological father but brought him up, she said.
    “He’s still dad to him,” the aunty said.
    His biological father, Junz Henry, shared news of her shocking death on Facebook.
    “My tears are dropping as she was the love of my life when I was a stupid young man, she stucked (sic) by me and love (sic) me unconditionally, even when we broke up,” he wrote.

Their relationship “went sour” over the years but he continued to admire her “for the life she gave my son and all her children”.
    “Even we disagree to agree at times, will definitely miss you woman, you always kept me on my toes and at least we spoke. I ask god to bless your family in this time of sorrow and sadness,” Mr Henry wrote on Facebook.

A short time after the body was found, Ms Paepaerei’s partner, 38, walked into Mount Druitt police station and told police he had been injured in a home invasion.
    He was arrested and taken to Nepean hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
    Police said this morning the man would be taken back to Mount Druitt police station when he was well enough.

A scene examination is continuing at the house. Police would not say if a weapon had been recovered.
    Anyone with any information is asked to phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.news.com.au/national/crim...-1227537972651

Quote Originally Posted by Key West Digger View Post
    I'm trying to understand the title "heavily pregnant". As opposed to "lightly pregnant"? Is it a phrase used down under?
    It's a phrase used all over to mean "in the last couple months of her pregnancy". It's meant to evoke a great big pregnant belly, as opposed to someone you can barely tell is pregnant.

Fucking murder, the leading cause of death for pregnant women. RIP Kirralee, rot in hell her shitty boyfriend.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Fuck rotting in hell. This motherfucker needs to rot in the woods hanging from a tree. That would be the only penance he should offer. Unfortunately it won't bring Kirralee or the little girl back. This mofo should suffer for the remainder of his days.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I feel terrible for her 16 year old son. I hope the family is able to get him help.

That can't be a great image for a 16 yr old (well, or anybody actually) to keep replaying in their head.

Thread Information