Thread: Carroll Shelby, Builder of Cobra Sports Car, Dies at 89

Carroll Shelby, Builder of Cobra Sports Car, Dies at 89

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/sp...ies-at-89.html

Carroll Shelby, a Texas chicken farmer turned hot-rodder who went on to build innovative sports cars like the Cobra that challenged Europe's longtime dominance of road racing, as well as high-performance versions of production cars like the Ford Mustang, died on Thursday in Dallas. He was 89.

Well he lived a fruitful and long life. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

In high school after my parents "surprised" me with a VW Cabrio as my first car, I swore when the lease ended that I would get something much cooler. I had my heart set on an SUV (gas wasn't as bad back then. lol) and REALLY wanted a Shelby Durango.

It never ended up happening, but for a few years the name Shelby gave me High School wood.

RIP Mr. Shelby!

When i was 15, my dad asked me if i wanted a car when i was 16. i told him "HELL YES". He suggested that I started saving for one now. haha.

My first car was a piece of shit 67 mustang that i bought for $600.

R.I.P to a legend.

~Boogieman (Too lazy to remeber my log in info.)

I am not a FORD person at all but Carroll Shelby has always been a fucking legend. I have driven a few of the brand new mustangs just to see how they drove and they werent bad and even tho im not a ford person, i would actually own one.

I did get a chance to see a Shelby in the showroom and omg that car was fucking gorgeous. The whole set up on it, the suspension, all the tricked out shelby special touches are amazing. I know that they are not allowed to be test driven at all (at these dealerships anyways). You could sit in it but that was it. It's definitly not the type of car that you use to go pick up groceries or run errands in. If I had one, I would have it glass encased in front of my house.

RIP, he was a legend. I just watched him on an auto channel recently, (cant remember the name of the show) where they auction off these amazing cars. Carroll was there and he signed the dashboard of one of the Shelby's that was sold. That car is sooooo worth even more money now im betting.

Thread Information