Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Time Breastfeeding Pic on Time Magazine Stirs Debate

It should be considered indecent exposure.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    It should be considered indecent exposure.
    If you whipped out your titty otherwise, it would be.

I endorse this.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    If you whipped out your titty otherwise, it would be.

I endorse this.
    Thank you.

I don't see how hard it is to show a little respect for those around you. Most women do it right. However there are a few pieces of trash that ruin it for everyone.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Thank you.

I don't see how hard it is to show a little respect for those around you. Most women do it right. However there are a few pieces of trash that ruin it for everyone.
    I guess that pretty much sums it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I liked reading this response to the cover:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-b...comm_ref=false

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post
    I liked reading this response to the cover:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-b...comm_ref=false

I just posted that No one ever reads what I post!
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    I just posted that No one ever reads what I post!
    No, I totally read what you post. I'm just in a wretched mood today and didn't read sorry. I did see your save the date cards, though, and you are really very beautiful. I think the cards came out great and I love the candy bar idea. SEE?!

No, I totally read what you post. I'm just in a wretched mood today and didn't read sorry. I did see your save the date cards, though, and you are really very beautiful. I think the cards came out great and I love the candy bar idea. SEE?!

Ok, I feel better.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

All kids are assholes anyways. Im all for doping them up on nyquil instead of breast milk. I dont think i would have been so fucking stressed when they were all younger if they would have just basically slept for 3 or 4 years.

In all honesty, women should have the right to do what they want and think is right as far as breastfeeding but if your going to be shoving your tits in someones face in public because you are nursing your 17 year old, cover up your milk bags and have some common courtesy for other people around you. If you want to have your midget attached to your tits just dangling from them, swinging around then please just save that for at home. I dont want to see it.

And really when it comes down to it, i said before that my oldest boy wasnt BF and he's unbelievabley smart and a damn good kid and it wasnt because i was nursing him (because i didnt nurse him at all), it was myself and his dad never giving him the opportunity to think that he was allowed to fuck up and not get anything less than A's in school (and im really honest about that). He is not allowed to be a B student, he's talented and gifted and we refuse to let him get away with anything that might jeapordize his future.

Just because a kid is BF for whatever length of time, I dont believe at all that that child would be any smarter than my non BF kid.

Im sorry but bitches be crazy.

WTBB, I'm with you on this. Your posts have me laughing out loud and I do agree with what you say.

My oldest sister BF her kids until 2 1/2 or so. That didn't really bother me that much. 3...4...5.... really, really, pushing it. I have a niece who is currently 6, I could not imagine her still BFing. She's too busy listening to the Beib-ster anyway. She's "too cool" for many things, I'm sure joining her little sister on the tit would fall under the "not cool" category.

Quote Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
    WTBB, I'm with you on this. Your posts have me laughing out loud and I do agree with what you say.

My oldest sister BF her kids until 2 1/2 or so. That didn't really bother me that much. 3...4...5.... really, really, pushing it. I have a niece who is currently 6, I could not imagine her still BFing. She's too busy listening to the Beib-ster anyway. She's "too cool" for many things, I'm sure joining her little sister on the tit would fall under the "not cool" category.
    When you put it into perspective like this, it's so much more disturbing.

People always have something to say about other people and their parenting. Someone passive aggressively commented behind my back that I was an 'asshole' for not holding Sam's hand in a crowd. It wasn't that crowded and my kid is a) taught to stay next to me, and b) kinda willful. I glared at her, but I can't tell you how entitled other people feel about telling you how to dress, feed, care for, diaper, speak to, educate, circumcise, reprimand, and generally negotiate your own kid. I'd love to see how their kids have turned out. Oh, that's right. Some of the vocal assholes don't even HAVE kids.

<------- boobs. and milk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Peavey, maybe the person who called you an asshole was afraid that someone might snatch Sam up because you weren't holding on to him?

Quote Originally Posted by chicachinacochina View Post
    Peavey, maybe the person who called you an asshole was afraid that someone might snatch Sam up because you weren't holding on to him?
    Maybe, but he was right next to me. I could have been holding his hand, I was that close. But it just illustrates that people will comment about anything. I can not tell you the number of comments parents get about all kinds of stuff. I'm sure it's not just me.

You know, I will most likely breastfeed and probably have my kid sleep in bed with me at points. I just want to give a big FUCK YOU to the mothers ahead of time that will judge me if I decide to formula feed and have the kid in their own bed from day one. L has strong opinions on these things as well and as the father, he has a right to how much attachment there will be in our parenting.

Just get ready, TFD. You'll under and over dress your baby for the weather. You'll pick the wrong formula. You'll present choking hazards to your kid. You'll either be a helicopter parent or too hands off. You'll be criticized about the daycare you pick. People will comment on the child's size and s/he will be either too big or too small for their age. You'll be encouraged to try x, y, and z, as the 'best' ways to encourage brain development. If you have a boy, and you let him wear toe-nail polish when he's 2, someone will want to call DCF on your ass.

I don't even care anymore. I have a great kid. He might have different experiences than other great kids. You'll never please everyone. But you only really have to please you, your husband, and your kid, so fuck 'em.

People always have something to say about other people and their parenting. Someone passive aggressively commented behind my back that I was an 'asshole' for not holding Sam's hand in a crowd. It wasn't that crowded and my kid is a) taught to stay next to me, and b) kinda willful. I glared at her, but I can't tell you how entitled other people feel about telling you how to dress, feed, care for, diaper, speak to, educate, circumcise, reprimand, and generally negotiate your own kid. I'd love to see how their kids have turned out. Oh, that's right. Some of the vocal assholes don't even HAVE kids.

ETA: In my defense, I may have a kid somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    You know, I will most likely breastfeed and probably have my kid sleep in bed with me at points. I just want to give a big FUCK YOU to the mothers ahead of time that will judge me if I decide to formula feed and have the kid in their own bed from day one. L has strong opinions on these things as well and as the father, he has a right to how much attachment there will be in our parenting.
    I breastfed and slept in my own bed from day one, FWIW.

I wasn't breastfed and my sister was. And our paths in life couldn't have been more different

I have been in places like Wal Mart and Dallas when he was a little bit younger would be in the cart in the big part. He would usually sit on the toilet paper or whatever but if he spotted something interesting he would stand up and be all MOMMMMMMMM!

I have had the nice lady from WM say 'oh sweetie, sit down, i don't wanna see you fall' and also the lady that says, while pointing her finger at my kid 'you better sit down, it's store policy, blech blah barf'. Assholes like that piss me off. If you are nice and cool about it, no problems here. I just don't feel like it's some strangers position to tell my child what to do. Say something to me, not my kid.
    Also, if peavs felt Sam was fine, he was most likely fine. She didnt deserve the attitude from fuckface lady. I pushed these kids out of my vagina without any of these strangers help so i dont need their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    I have had the nice lady from WM say 'oh sweetie, sit down, i don't wanna see you fall' and also the lady that says, while pointing her finger at my kid 'you better sit down, it's store policy, blech blah barf'. Assholes like that piss me off. If you are nice and cool about it, no problems here. I just don't feel like it's some strangers position to tell my child what to do. Say something to me, not my kid.
    Also, if peavs felt Sam was fine, he was most likely fine. She didnt deserve the attitude from fuckface lady. I pushed these kids out of my vagina without any of these strangers help so i dont need their opinions.
    Telling a parent to control their child RARELY goes well. I work in the food industry, that's a fun task we leave to management. When it's a liability, the location DOES have the right to say something. The worst is when parents let their kids run around restaurants, where servers are carrying heavy trays and hot plates. There's NO excuse for that.

I think the "breastfeeding is the best and only way" crowd are idiots. Going one way or another doesn't guarantee anything. My Beiber-loving 6 year old niece RARELY gets sick. She was mostly bottle fed (sister had a breast reduction right before getting pregnant, so BF was an issue). My other sister's kids, on the other hand, were all breastfeed for long periods of time, all get sick pretty often, and most have issues of some sort (behavior problems, autism, insane food allergies). While I do think breastfeeding is ideal, there's no absolute with the child's health.

Telling a parent to control their child RARELY goes well. I work in the food industry, that's a fun task we leave to management. When it's a liability, the location DOES have the right to say something. The worst is when parents let their kids run around restaurants, where servers are carrying heavy trays and hot plates. There's NO excuse for that.
    And while I totaly agree that some parents let their kids run crazy all over the place, I don't take kindly to rude staff talking harsh to my kid. Of course safety needs to be priority, I totally agree but if the one lady would have said it a different way with less attitude then I wouldnt have gotten so pissed off.

Im already up my kids ass when it comes to damn near anything, i don't think they can handle having one more person getting after them. It's all in how they say it though.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    And while I totaly agree that some parents let their kids run crazy all over the place, I don't take kindly to rude staff talking harsh to my kid. Of course safety needs to be priority, I totally agree but if the one lady would have said it a different way with less attitude then I wouldnt have gotten so pissed off.

Im already up my kids ass when it comes to damn near anything, i don't think they can handle having one more person getting after them. It's all in how they say it though.
    Oh, definitely agree that they shouldn't scold the kid, but the parent shouldn't get defensive if they ask politely.

I've actually had parents ask me to parent their kids at my job. "Can you tell my kid to stop doing that? He won't listen to me." Next person who does that, I'm ready with a response. What happened to removing your kid from the situation and disciplining them?

Oh, definitely agree that they shouldn't scold the kid, but the parent shouldn't get defensive if they ask politely.

I've actually had parents ask me to parent their kids at my job. "Can you tell my kid to stop doing that? He won't listen to me." Next person who does that, I'm ready with a response. What happened to removing your kid from the situation and disciplining them?
    This reminds me of my mom's friend who asked for a picture of my uncle in his police uniform to threaten her son with wtf?

Thread Information