Thread: Fun Time Breastfeeding Pic on Time Magazine Stirs Debate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Deb, my one experience with my oldest was similar to yours and it was really hard on my emotions. Everytime I had a child, my emotions would be at their peak and there was always someone to have something negative to say about anything I did, especially breastfeeding.

If some of these lactation consultants, midwives, dr's would really sit down with an expectant mother and be really open and understanding about breast feeding, I think women would feel like they had way more support while they were super raw in their feelings.
    I really don't think it's selfish to do it because it's cheaper or to help you drop the weight faster. Im sure that you, in some way were thinking about your childs health as well.

I was trying to remember if anyone ever really asked me if I was BF'ing besides ya know, my dr, or my mom or sister and I don't thik that's happened to me personally but I don't think I would like someone who didnt know me asking such a personal thing. I always hated the fact that any and everyone around me felt extremely confident in reaching out and rubbing/touching my belly when they didnt even know me. Ive always thought tht was rude. My god, ask first and why the hell do you want tot ouch my belly if you dont know me. LOL, it was just weird to me.
    Off topic, but a lady rubbed my belly and asked me when I was due. I wasn't pregnant! I've just gotten fat from the steroids and haven't lost it yet. I just looked at her and told her that I wasn't pregnant, just fat. She just walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Off topic, but a lady rubbed my belly and asked me when I was due. I wasn't pregnant! I've just gotten fat from the steroids and haven't lost it yet. I just looked at her and told her that I wasn't pregnant, just fat. She just walked away.
    I've had this happen to me. I weighed 130 lbs at the time and a (stranger) girl asked me how far along I was. I just looked at her and said, "yeah, I drink a lot of beer. I'm not pregnant.". The worst part is that she insisted that I must be and that I should really take a pregnancy test.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Pajamas View Post
    I've had this happen to me. I weighed 130 lbs at the time and a (stranger) girl asked me how far along I was. I just looked at her and said, "yeah, I drink a lot of beer. I'm not pregnant.". The worst part is that she insisted that I must be and that I should really take a pregnancy test.
    omg. I know it's not funny, but I still laughed a little. I didn't think it was funny, right when it happened, to me. But, I laugh at it now. I was always tall and skinny and am just now getting use to being the chubby girl. I have gained all of my weight in my midsection, so I can understand why someone would think I'm pregnant, but it's still not ok to ask a stranger when you're due. I have NOT gained any tit weight and I would think that would be a give-a-way that I am not pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    omg. I know it's not funny, but I still laughed a little. I didn't think it was funny, right when it happened, to me. But, I laugh at it now. I was always tall and skinny and am just now getting use to being the chubby girl. I have gained all of my weight in my midsection, so I can understand why someone would think I'm pregnant, but it's still not ok to ask a stranger when you're due. I have NOT gained any tit weight and I would think that would be a give-a-way that I am not pregnant.
    No, it was definitely funny. I was so confused, though. I'm really not a big girl, but I do carry any extra weight like a man (right in the beer belly). Yeah, though. 130 lbs, definitely not big enough for a stranger to insist that I MUST have a fetus in there.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Pajamas View Post
    No, it was definitely funny. I was so confused, though. I'm really not a big girl, but I do carry any extra weight like a man (right in the beer belly). Yeah, though. 130 lbs, definitely not big enough for a stranger to insist that I MUST have a fetus in there.
    You should have told her, "well yeah, technically. I eated it."
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Thread Information