Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Time Breastfeeding Pic on Time Magazine Stirs Debate

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    Thank you for including greens in that because so far in this thread it's been like, "It's ok greens, we disagree. But that's life." and "TFD, you're so fucking judgmental and clueless."
    To be fair, and I say this with much love, you are WAY more combative about it

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    To be fair, and I say this with much love, you are WAY more combative about it
    This is true It's something I'm working on but I admit, I kinda react when I feel someone is taking things too personally. Personality flaw to the highest.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Ever seen that babygaga site? Wanna see wackos respond to this topic then go over there.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

And thanks, chinchinnery, for the smite. But um, yes. Your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicachinacochina View Post
    Thanks for smiting me because I pointed out that beating your children is wrong. I'm pretty sure it's against the law, too. But it's definitely lazy parenting.

And who cares how long your husband thinks mothers should breast feed? His opinion doesn't count. The only one that matters is the one of the mother who is breast feeding.
    Other posts.
    There are just certain things that I don't think really end up being a 'mutual discussion' between people. Breast feeding is one of those topics. Maybe the age one breast feeds until, but not the initial decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Yeah, this is what I'm saying. Ultimately the woman makes the call. The man contributes to the whole 'how long' thing but not the actual act.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_XO View Post
    Honestly, that's how it should be. I actually would be okay with Adrien mentioning his discomfort with extended breastfeeding because it just isn't the norm in our culture. I would be okay with that discussion. I would not be okay with him being like, my boobies, or YOU MUST BREASTFEED OUR CHILD. Throughout our parenting relationship he's always been like, your body, your choice. It's always the super creepy and controlling husbands that have strong opinions about when their wives should stop or start breastfeeding.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Um yeah. That might have something to do with the fact that Green is like "I'm uncomfortable seeing it." and you're like "zomg breastfeeding bitches assholes, something something, my comfort>newborn's comfort."

I'm trying really really hard to be empathetic here, but I just do.not.get.it. I didn't always have kids and I never said or even thought anything so egocentric.
    It is incredibly uncomfortable to try to nurse a newborn or any baby in public, but life goes on. There are groceries to get, other kids to pick up from preschool, etc...Newborns sometimes eat every hour. Avi ate every half an hour. You are supposed to feed on demand, so does a new mom leave wherever she is after being there for 20 minutes to go home and feed the baby so that grown adults don't have to feel uncomfortable? That is so unreasonable.

Um yeah. That might have something to do with the fact that Green is like "I'm uncomfortable seeing it." and you're like "zomg breastfeeding bitches assholes, something something, my comfort>newborn's comfort."

I'm trying really really hard to be empathetic here, but I just do.not.get.it. I didn't always have kids and I never said or even thought anything so egocentric.
    It is incredibly uncomfortable to try to nurse a newborn or any baby in public, but life goes on. There are groceries to get, other kids to pick up from preschool, etc...Newborns sometimes eat every hour. Avi ate every half an hour. You are supposed to feed on demand, so does a new mom leave wherever she is after being there for 20 minutes to go home and feed the baby so that grown adults don't have to feel uncomfortable? That is so unreasonable.
    Except I didn't react that way until everyone was like, "You must be fucked in the head if you are uncomfortable."

Yeah, that's exactly what was said.

Yeah, that's exactly what was said.
    And the fact that you responded to the post where I said it's nobody's business how someone parents with basically saying that people that aren't parents are judgmental assholes.

And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

15 bucks.

And the fact that you responded to the post where I said it's nobody's business how someone parents with basically saying that people that aren't parents are judgmental assholes.
    The post where you talked about your and L's parental plans?
    Last edited by Natasha_XO; 05-14-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post

15 bucks.
    I owned one that was used until Avi was 2 months old and would start screaming whenever he was underneath it. And then at 3 months he started pulling it off.

I guess ultimately the idea of seeing a breast feeding woman and being uncomfortable just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Just because it would never occur to me.

The post where you talked about your and L's parental plans?
    Yes, and then you preceded to call me ignorant. I personally don't feel any of my posts were out of line until you said things that I felt were rude. It's almost like you were immediately on the attack with me. So my recent posts have been combative but I think everyone should go back and take a look at when those started.

And please edit your post to take out his name. I only post that in the member's section.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I guess ultimately the idea of seeing a breast feeding woman and being uncomfortable just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Just because it would never occur to me.
    My 4 year old already knows that this is one way that babies eat. It is really important to me that he understand that there are certain things to get keyed up over. This is not one of them.

Let's get back to the article.

So why do any of you care about the 3 year old? Breast milk is better? Why take that away at 3?

Oh, and everyone said I was crazy when I said there are passive-aggressive parents that will not cover up to make others uncomfortable. I just saw this on the post Nat made about the article on her FB......
    If I ever have kids I'd breast feed in public to make people uncomfortable. That's probably not nice, but I think it's so weird that people have a problem with it. It's such a natural, normal thing to do. So RON, I'm really curious - what's the problem?
    That's not passive-aggressive?

Oh, and everyone said I was crazy when I said there are passive-aggressive parents that will not cover up to make others uncomfortable. I just saw this on the post Nat made about the article on her FB......

That's not passive-aggressive?
    She isn't a parent. Your point?

Yes, and then you preceded to call me ignorant. I personally don't feel any of my posts were out of line until you said things that I felt were rude. It's almost like you were immediately on the attack with me. So my recent posts have been combative but I think everyone should go back and take a look at when those started.

And please edit your post to take out his name. I only post that in the member's section.
    You thinking that you being uncomfortable is more important than a baby eating, yes, that's incredibly ignorant.

Who said they don't want the baby to eat? I really missed that.

She isn't a parent. Your point?
    And you think her behavior will change once she's a parent?

And how is that ignorant? It's not my kid! It is not my responsibility to make sure they are comfortable. That's the parent's job which they do by either covering the kid or not. I didn't say anything about the kid not eating.

Also what about the pumps? Don't women pump and then put it in bottles for when they go out? Isn't that easier when you're out in public?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Who said they don't want the baby to eat? I really missed that.
    Maybe you're missing the post where I talked about the time frame that a baby eats in. Babies eat every half an hour at times as newborns. Breastfed babies are constantly nursing to up the mother's supply and because their stomachs are so small.

Maybe you're missing the post where I talked about the time frame that a baby eats in. Babies eat every half an hour at times as newborns. Breastfed babies are constantly nursing to up the mother's supply and because their stomachs are so small.
    Once again, no one said anything about not feeding the baby. You assumed that's what was being said.

And you think her behavior will change once she's a parent?

And how is that ignorant? It's not my kid! It is not my responsibility to make sure they are comfortable. That's the parent's job which they do by either covering the kid or not. I didn't say anything about the kid not eating.
    I have no idea. I don't make predictions about how people will parent in the future. I never thought I would breastfeed a 2 year old and look at me now. Like I said earlier, your opinions will change as you have kids. I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, but it will change.

I'm not getting through, like I said earlier, your statements are incredibly egocentric. If seeing a little bit of nipple ruins your day, I wish I had your life.

Thread Information