Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Time Breastfeeding Pic on Time Magazine Stirs Debate

I was at work yesterday and had helped this guy and his wife and she was holding her baby, and after I had helped them probably about 15 mins later, I noticed the mom over on the side nursing her baby. Actually she didn't have a blanket or a cover on and I didn't see a thing.
    I also realized how long it had been since I had seen a mom nursing. Remember, I had anxiety for so long that i got to where i wasn't going anywhere.
    My point being that i wasn't offended by it at all.

Aaaaaaand i don't think chica was admitting to be dm. I think she said she was her to be snarky.

So in the corner of Reasons to Cover:

~ It can make a woman comfortable nursing in public when she might not otherwise.
    ~ A cover can help an easily distracted baby settle to the task at hand (er, at breast).
    ~ The cover actually draws attention to the act of breastfeeding and might encourage other women to nurse in public if they see a way that they too would be comfortable nursing in public.

In the corner of Reasons Not to Cover:

~ Some babies refuse to be covered.
    ~ Without the ?right? type of cover, some women have a difficult time seeing the baby and getting a proper latch.
    ~ A cover potentially can be hot and uncomfortable for mother and baby.
    ~ As I said, a nursing cover often draws attention to the act of breastfeeding ? something a woman using a cover might actually have been trying to avoid!
    ~ Feeding without a nursing cover helps normalize breastfeeding.
    ~ Showing women that breastfeeding in public can be done without a cover might empower other women to do the same.
    ~ A cover might diminish a baby?s communication with the mother and his or her experience with the world, if only for those feedings in public.

http://archive.blisstree.com/live/nu...-not-to-cover/

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

As long as the woman is not *brand new* at nursing (correct latching, ect.), doesn't have a wiggly baby, or a huge attention whore like the bitch on the cover of the magazine, you shouldn't see anything worth mentioning.

I did nurse my daughter and most likely longer than most women at MDS would be comfortable with (15 months). I was as quick to nurse my baby in public as the women who will pop a bottle into their crying kid's mouth. Nobody ever noticed, and if they did I gave no fucks. I wasn't yearning for attention. I was feeding my kid, and most likely doing 2 or 3 other things at the same time. I don't see the big deal .

I suppose I could have drawn more attention to myself had I posed for TIME magazine with a Kindergartener hanging from my left tit, but that's not my style.

Check link for photo...pic to BIG to post.
    You really can't tell that she is nursing. She says she is not a "lactavist" but does admit she has become a pro at NIP, nursing in public. Cute story of nursing in the car on a road trip...

Happy baby, uncomfortable mommy. We got off of the highway and stopped at a red light. I was still feeding my son, hunched over the car seat. I look to the right and see a man in a truck smiling directly at me. Then, it hit me that my boob is in my son’s mouth and he is smiling at me while this is happening. He can see me. If I pulled it out it would only be more visible so I turned away and hoped for a green light. Meanwhile I am telling my husband, who crawls up a little. His response, “What made you think people couldn’t see you?” Me: “Our windows are tinted” (we are in a rental.) Him: “No, they aren’t… you are wearing sunglasses.” Yeah, I am that dumb. But, at least I put a smile on that guy’s face!

http://dirtydiaperlaundry.com/breast...ents-i-haz-it/
    Last edited by poppy213; 05-27-2012 at 06:33 PM.

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    I did nurse my daughter and most likely longer than most women at MDS would be comfortable with (15 months). I was as quick to nurse my baby in public as the women who will pop a bottle into their crying kid's mouth. Nobody ever noticed, and if they did I gave no fucks. I wasn't yearning for attention. I was feeding my kid, and most likely doing 2 or 3 other things at the same time. I don't see the big deal .
    Good Job McMama. I think 15 months is an excellent length of time to give your child ALL the good benefits out of it. I only lasted about 4 months. I never could lay in bed and nurse at night.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    buttsecks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Aaaaaaand i don't think chica was admitting to be dm. I think she said she was her to be snarky.
    that story doesn't hold a grain of salt when you recant a murder confession!

but seriously though... this thread has certainly changed my mind about breast-feeding... oh yeah, and wtbb - that pic i posted of that long-nipped chick? she's a movie star so i guess she can do what she wants!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by poppy213 View Post
    So in the corner of Reasons to Cover:

~ It can make a woman comfortable nursing in public when she might not otherwise.
    ~ A cover can help an easily distracted baby settle to the task at hand (er, at breast).
    ~ The cover actually draws attention to the act of breastfeeding and might encourage other women to nurse in public if they see a way that they too would be comfortable nursing in public.

In the corner of Reasons Not to Cover:

~ Some babies refuse to be covered.
    ~ Without the ?right? type of cover, some women have a difficult time seeing the baby and getting a proper latch.
    ~ A cover potentially can be hot and uncomfortable for mother and baby.
    ~ As I said, a nursing cover often draws attention to the act of breastfeeding ? something a woman using a cover might actually have been trying to avoid!
    ~ Feeding without a nursing cover helps normalize breastfeeding.
    ~ Showing women that breastfeeding in public can be done without a cover might empower other women to do the same.
    ~ A cover might diminish a baby?s communication with the mother and his or her experience with the world, if only for those feedings in public.

http://archive.blisstree.com/live/nu...-not-to-cover/
    this is the best reason, imo. it seems like the bonding doesn't happen with the tit, but rather the mother and child staring lovingly at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy213 View Post
    Check link for photo...pic to BIG to post.
    http://dirtydiaperlaundry.com/breast...ents-i-haz-it/
    granny sweater! also -

two things... that kid has style. i his sweater! also - i love how that girl behind her on the plane is all on the phone is all going: ooo, giiiirrrllll! she got her tit-tay all out on the plane!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    buttsecks.
    This makes me uncomfortable.

You are too small for buttsecks.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    This makes me uncomfortable.

You are too small for buttsecks.
    what if my butthole is ginormous, though? small woman, giant b-hole. ahahahahahaha. DID THAT MAKE YOU EVEN MORE UNCOMFORTABLE, SOGS?!
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

Yes. I'm equal opportunity when it comes to being uncomfy. I'm a prude. So shut that gaping hole.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Yes. I'm equal opportunity when it comes to being uncomfy. I'm a prude. So shut that gaping hole.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mil...214500503.html

At a time when breastfeeding in public is already controversial, pictures of two military moms doing so while wearing their uniforms is sparking outrage.

The photo is part of a local breastfeeding awareness campaign by Mom2Mom of Fairchild Air Force Base, a support group launched in January by Crystal Scott, a military spouse and mother of three. Among the intimate close-ups of smiling young mothers cuddling their adorable babies, the images of the two airmen stand out.

Related: Moms react to the "Time" magazine's "Are You Mom enough?" breastfeeding cover

"People are comparing breastfeeding in uniform to urinating and defecating in uniform. They're comparing it to the woman who posed in "Playboy" in uniform [in 2007]" Scott told Yahoo! Shine in an interview. "We never expected it to be like this."

"I'm an X-ray tech and I breastfeed in my uniform all the time," Scott says. "Granted they're scrubs. But people do it all the time in their uniforms. If you have a hungry baby, why would you take the time to change completely?"

Related: Army mom home from Afghanistan surprises her son

Terran Echegoyen-McCabe, a member of the Air National Guard who was photographed in uniform nursing her 10-month-old twin daughters, says that she's surprised by the reaction to the photos.

"I have breastfed in our lobby, in my car, in the park ... and I pump, usually in the locker room," she told the "Today" show, adding that she usually nurses her babies while on her lunch break during drill weekends. "I'm proud to be wearing a uniform while breast-feeding. I'm proud of the photo and I hope it encourages other women to know they can breastfeed whether they're active duty, guard or civilian."

All of the women in the photos volunteered to appear in the awareness campaign, and Echegoyen-McCabe is featured -- wearing civilian clothing -- in a few of the other candid shots. None of the photos are posed; the women are simply feeding their babies the way they usually do. But even though some of the other photographs are just as revealing, only the ones of Echegoyen-McCabe and her friend Christina Luna in uniform have been criticized.

"The Air Force has never endorsed these photos," the photographer, Brynja Sigurdardottir points out on her website, where she posted several other photos from the Mom2Mom campaign. "These women just happen to be in the Air Force, in their uniform, breastfeeding their babies."

When it comes to talking about breastfeeding in public, comparing it to other bodily functions -- and even sex -- is common, in spite of the fact that breastfeeding is legal and protected while defecating or having sex in public is not. But the fact that two of the moms are shown breastfeeding in public while wearing military uniforms makes the entire controversy more complicated. The Army, for example, didn't even come up with a combat uniform for women until 2010, so accepting the idea of a uniformed soldier breastfeeding a baby may be especially jarring. And the uniforms themselves come with their own sets of rules.

According to Military Spouse Central, public displays of affection -- even something as innocuous as holding hands -- are not allowed while wearing a military uniform. Also forbidden while in uniform: eating, drinking, or talking on a cell phone while walking, carrying an umbrella that's not black, and (in some cases) smoking or even chewing gum. While there is no policy that addresses breastfeeding in uniform, Air Force spokesperson Captain Rose Richeson told MSNBC: "Airmen should be mindful of their dress and appearance and present a professional image at all times while in uniform." Military moms who are still breastfeeding are encouraged to pump and bottle-feed their babies while they're in uniform.

Scott suggests that the issue might have less to do with the uniform and more to do with our own internal conflicts. "I think a lot of people think that you can't be a mom and be a soldier," she says. "This is not something that's out of norm for them. They breastfeed in uniform all the time -- it's just not something that's usually captured on film."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

woman on the right: very tastefully done. woman on the left: eh, questionable. but again, they're BABIES so I have no problem with it whatsoever. I do think most guys would look at the woman on the left though and think "oooohhhh jubblies! I wanna motorboat those!!" as opposed to "aw how sweet, she's feeding her babies" :)

So.. I don't get it, are they having a hard time breast feeding because they are in the military? Or was their idea that if they take a picture of them doing it in uniform they are making some kind of a statement about breast feeding?? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

oh, and the fact that it's even an issue that they're in uniform is effing silly. that should have NO bearing on them feeding their child whatsoever. silly silly silly.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mil...214500503.html

At a time when breastfeeding in public is already controversial, pictures of two military moms doing so while wearing their uniforms is sparking outrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Woman on the right doesn't look as tasteful because she's tandem feeding twins. Two babies need two boobies. I'm not sure how she'd pull that off any other way?
    I don't think they're trying to make a statement. They're part of a "mom group" for nursing and they happened to be photographed feeding their babies. I believe I read that it wasn't staged. Of course, because they're in uniform they'll catch even more shit than that chick on Time. I'm not in the military, but my husband is currently over seas serving a tour for the Air Force. I don't have one problem with that picture, and I wouldn't be anymore offended than if they were bottle-feeding in uniform. The sluts with nice racks who've been discharged for posing nude in partial BDU suit, boots, ect. actually do piss me off a little. This? Nah.

Oh, and when I first saw this picture I thought it made more of a statement for female military members mothering while active duty. The public nursing issue didn't even cross my mind. I like this picture, and it's much more tasteful and natural than the magazine cover .

Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Woman on the right doesn't look as tasteful because she's tandem feeding twins. Two babies need two boobies. I'm not sure how she'd pull that off any other way?
    I don't think they're trying to make a statement. They're part of a "mom group" for nursing and they happened to be photographed feeding their babies. I believe I read that it wasn't staged. Of course, because they're in uniform they'll catch even more shit than that chick on Time. I'm not in the military, but my husband is currently over seas serving a tour for the Air Force. I don't have one problem with that picture, and I wouldn't be anymore offended than if they were bottle-feeding in uniform. The sluts with nice racks who've been discharged for posing nude in partial BDU suit, boots, ect. actually do piss me off a little. This? Nah.
    and three babies would need the chick from total recall!!!

Triplets =

what are those???

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    woman on the right: very tastefully done. woman on the left: eh, questionable. but again, they're BABIES so I have no problem with it whatsoever. I do think most guys would look at the woman on the left though and think "oooohhhh jubblies! I wanna motorboat those!!" as opposed to "aw how sweet, she's feeding her babies" :)

So what, though?

Thread Information